Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

So sorry to hear of this tragedy.

It wasn't even just a fatal attack. He was eaten in front of a fisherman! 15-foot shark, they don't even get that big here. And Little Bay looks like such a peaceful little cove. :classic_ohmy:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Dinner tonight, BBQ rib eye pork chops. 

DA7CBF7E-32D1-45BD-A878-849AD7724976.thumb.jpeg.03a5e6feeb459e71c598fed5a44b84c0.jpeg

I saved a little for Lucy. 

C8BBAFE8-8F59-4360-8F7F-AC85E0894C9D.thumb.jpeg.0302cfc5cd48f92d71cab05a89f71d5e.jpeg

I then put Lucy in the barn for the night. We are expecting a storm tonight and tomorrow.  A lot of snow melted today, but there is still a lot remaining. We get rain tonight, freezing rain tomorrow, switching to snow with about 10” to come. Lord knows how icy it will be under the new snow. 

6002BDBD-D22A-4B37-B52A-455D979D7878.thumb.jpeg.8999add6e34592119e74a7540e34ec4a.jpeg

385577EC-3FF7-4566-B37C-04A0A6DD1539.thumb.jpeg.6197070e6564dee496be1023e287f2fd.jpeg

Lucy has such a sweet face. I hope she likes being out of the weather. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

We had a beautiful beach day in Sydney yesterday.  Tragically a male swimmer was taken by a suspected great white shark whilst swimming yesterday afternoon at one of our beaches in south-east Sydney.  All beaches in south-east Sydney from Bondi to Cronulla are closed today. 
We haven’t had a fatality in Sydney from a shark attack in 60 years.

How awful for him and for his family. 
I hope it was very quick for his sake. 
The east coast of Florida has shark bites every summer, but seldom more than requiring stitches. 
I spent my childhood more in the ocean than out of it and nobody, at least the locals, ever thought about sharks. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Goodness, I'm clueless if I have 5th cousins.  Even 4th!

My mother was the youngest in her family so my 1st cousins were considerably older than me.  Like you, their children were much closer in age to me and my sister.  

@Momof3gurlzDeb, it sounds like you're having a wonderful vacation.  Happy early Anniversary!

I actually have a few 6th.cousins

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

A quick school update for Owen. Semester 1 of grade has been completed and his marks are back.

Music - 88

French - 75

Math - 86

Science - 82

This semester he has Drama, Geography, Gym, and English. 

So Owen is a scholar as well as a standout athlete. 
Congratulations!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I actually have a few 6th.cousins

Lenny, somehow, I am not surprised. 😏

I will never understand fully what a cousin once removed means.  I know it has to do with different generations or something like that.  In this case, google was not my friend. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Lenny, somehow, I am not surprised. 😏

I will never understand fully what a cousin once removed means.  I know it has to do with different generations or something like that.  In this case, google was not my friend. 🤔

That just came up on the internet actually. Scroll down for the TikTok video. https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/high-school-teacher-viral-tiktok-213554196.html?fr=yhssrp_catchall

• Like 2

Booked a May b-2-b cruise on the Allure today for my birthday, I'm a bit apprehensive about booking a cruise this May, but I have/had several FCC burning a hole in my pocket.                                                                         

• Like 8

On 2/12/2022 at 8:56 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

We have been picking 1230 or 1 pm for our check ins.  Same as you we prefer to walk on ship and go to our cabin then do muster check in and grab a bite to eat.   Then get a cocktail and settle in to our happy place.

We usually do the same, except for the Wonder I want to get on asap. 

On 2/12/2022 at 3:56 PM, aussielozzie18 said:

Happy Birthday to Lisa for tomorrow and also Sue @sgmn.  Hope both lovely ladies enjoy their day 🎂🎉

+1

On 2/13/2022 at 1:57 PM, dani negreanu said:

D7D8B8E8-53C4-49C0-9A30-B8CC03BEF1A1.jpeg

Glad you are having a good time. It’s odd not seeing any boats at those houses.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Coralc said:

It wasn't even just a fatal attack. He was eaten in front of a fisherman! 15-foot shark, they don't even get that big here. And Little Bay looks like such a peaceful little cove. :classic_ohmy:

Yes, it was horrific for the those on the rock shelf nearby who witnessed it and the medics who attended. Very distressing for his UK family as video footage has been widely circulated. 35yo ocean lover training for an ocean swim in the area this weekend which had obviously now been cancelled. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

The east coast of Florida has shark bites every summer, but seldom more than requiring stitches. 
I spent my childhood more in the ocean than out of it and nobody, at least the locals, ever thought about sharks. 

I grew up by the beach.  Very aware of sharks as the shark siren would go often several times over summer and we would high tail it out of the water until given the all clear.  Never seen a shark.  Thankfully never watched Jaws until I was an adult. My brother is a surfer and is aware of shark risk in particular  when he surfs on holidays at Byron Bay. On the upside he sees dolphins there which is lovely.  My father has friends who fish off the coast via boat locally  & also friends who ocean ski off the coast, shark sightings out there are regular so I know we share the ocean with them.  I always swim between the flags and never swim early morning or at sunset or beyond.  Many of our beaches have snark nets & helicopter spotters during summer.  This guy was doing nothing wrong, just tragically unlucky.  More chance of dying from skin cancer than by shark attack.
I only posted about it because I knew it had made international headlines.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

We had a beautiful beach day in Sydney yesterday.  Tragically a male swimmer was taken by a suspected great white shark whilst swimming yesterday afternoon at one of our beaches in south-east Sydney.  All beaches in south-east Sydney from Bondi to Cronulla are closed today. 
We haven’t had a fatality in Sydney from a shark attack in 60 years.

It's been widely reported here. So very sad. 

Do some of the beaches have nets or safety measures to keep sharks out of bays. I love swimming in the sea but I must admit I would be a bit nervous if we ever get to Australia 

Though we do have a few sharks off our coast too 

Edited to say you answer my question in a later post,  thank you 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

A quick school update for Owen. Semester 1 of grade has been completed and his marks are back.

Music - 88

French - 75

Math - 86

Science - 82

This semester he has Drama, Geography, Gym, and English. 

I can never understand why my husband who went through the Canadian school system doesn't speak better French. Maybe because it was in the 60s/early 70s and the senior years  were done on Canadian bases abroad ?

Well done Owen 👏 excellent grades

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 4

Our neighbours have a new cat.  This morning my daughter took a video of the stand off between our dog and the new cat in the small space on the opposite side of our property.  I won’t share the video because it’s a close up of a very unflattering angle of Max but after a lot of tail wagging by Max and alot of hissing in his face from the cat, Max admitted defeat and rapidly scampered backwards to the safety of my daughter’s side.  it won’t surprise all of you cat owners that the feline won 🐈

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Same here. My friends and I never thought about sharks. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I grew up by the beach.  Very aware of sharks as the shark siren would go often several times over summer and we would high tail it out of the water until given the all clear.  Never seen a shark.  Thankfully never watched Jaws until I was an adult. My brother is a surfer and is aware of shark risk in particular  when he surfs on holidays at Byron Bay. On the upside he sees dolphins there which is lovely.  My father has friends who fish off the coast via boat locally  & also friends who ocean ski off the coast, shark sightings out there are regular so I know we share the ocean with them.  I always swim between the flags and never swim early morning or at sunset or beyond.  Many of our beaches have snark nets & helicopter spotters during summer.  This guy was doing nothing wrong, just tragically unlucky.  More chance of dying from skin cancer than by shark attack.
I only posted about it because I knew it had made international headlines.

Florida has been lucky. As many sharks as we have, I don’t think there’s been a fatality in years. 
The Pacific side of the US, is more apt to have them, especially California and Hawaii. 
I think growing up we didn’t think about them because there wasn’t instant worldwide news like there is now. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

We had a beautiful beach day in Sydney yesterday.  Tragically a male swimmer was taken by a suspected great white shark whilst swimming yesterday afternoon at one of our beaches in south-east Sydney.  

So very sad. My heart goes to his family 😢

• Like 4

8 hours ago, jagsfan said:

So Owen is a scholar as well as a standout athlete. 
Congratulations!

The buses/school have been cancelled today because of the storm and he has hockey tournament tomorrow.  That being said he has some extra studying to do for a test scheduled today, that will now be held on Monday. 

53 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Oatmeal with raisins.

That’s a hard pass from me. 

43 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

What will you do if he fails gym?

One year during a teachers rotating strikes in our province and they had to hire out for the report card data to be manually entered, as the teachers did not do it. It was part of their strike action.  

When Owen got his report all marks were right where they were expected to be, except for gym. It was in the 60s. From the comments entered we knew that someone else’s mark had been submitted on Owen’s report card. 

• Like 3