Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 minutes ago, Neeny12 said:

Just found this thread.
Just happy to be happy about something like cruising again. These past two years have been horrible for us. The family losses from Covid and nonCovid have been devastating. We lost an entire generation, in only one year - 2 from Covid and then the unthinkable - one of our adult children. It makes you appreciate what you have left and to never take anything for granted. Do your best in life, call your parents, aunts and uncles and other family often. Hug your children every day. 

Welcome aboard

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

So sorry you're in so much pain.  In your earlier post you wrote that you feel better.  Sorry that didn't seem to last. Hope you get relief soon.

Dani, is there anything that man can't do?  He does amazing work and cooks too!

Exactly!  I can only take Tylenol because of a kidney issue.  Luckily, I don't need it often.

When we were there many years ago, a waitress shouted at our friend "get your a$$ out of my way".  We couldn't stop laughing.

Unfortunately there is no cure for Parkinson’s and two other of my medical problems.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Neeny12 said:

Just found this thread.
Just happy to be happy about something like cruising again. These past two years have been horrible for us. The family losses from Covid and nonCovid have been devastating. We lost an entire generation, in only one year - 2 from Covid and then the unthinkable - one of our adult children. It makes you appreciate what you have left and to never take anything for granted. Do your best in life, call your parents, aunts and uncles and other family often. Hug your children every day. 

My best friend died from Covid and my 41 year old nephew died from a Brain Tumor.I agree with hug your children every day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Neeny12 said:

Just found this thread.

Welcome I think you will like our little group!

cheers!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

He got 20 Million for the great clsssic Wild ,Wild West.

You obviously heard the joke that Rock did at the Oscar’s a few ago about that. That might have been the start of the rift between the two.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

While we are on this cruise, I am missing the funerals of not one, but two friends. 
Vickie was in her 60’s, and woke up with a massive headache. She was admitted to the hospital, diagnosed with a brain hemorrhage and two days later she was gone. 
Fran played Bunco at my house in February. She said her back hurt and she’d go to an orthopedist as soon as she got back from out of town to see her new grandbaby. 
Came home, was diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer, went into the hospital, where they were going to give her one dose of radiation to ease the pain. She went downhill too fast. Originally she was given four months. She was moved to hospice after four days in the hospital and died Friday. She was 71. 
Vickie and Fran were both models in our women’s club fashion show in February. 
Next time I whine about something hurting, I’m going to smack myself. 

Oh Mimi, I am so very sorry for your loss of two dear friends.  ((Hugs))💔💔

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Neeny12 said:

Just found this thread.

Welcome to our wonderful and loving thread.

I am so sorry to hear of your many losses;  but most especially the loss of your child.💔

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Neeny12 said:

Just found this thread.

My heart goes out to you. Welcome to our thread.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Hopefully he will never appear in anything but that is not likely.

He has his own production company and he is extremely popular.  

Hard to imagine he won’t have future popular projects.

I think we have a situation of too big to fail here.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Our first home in 1985 had a Jenn Air slide in range. All the piping for downdraft and convection oven made the oven tiny.

We tried several more Jenn Air cooktops over the years, but they never got hot enough, or vented well. Plus they were cold in the winter

We had a Jenn Air downdraft stove and absolutely loved it (my husband worked for Maytag/JennAir at the time in IT).   We replaced it with a GE dual fuel range--gas cook top and electric oven.   While I love it, I do miss our down-draft.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neeny12 said:

Just found this thread.

Welcome.  There are crazy people here to, but then life is crazy.  I appreciate your thoughts.  

• Like 2

@Sea Dog  @bobmacliberty

I'm a lurker here, but think I read you are both Bourbon affecionados.   Can you provide some recommendations for a nice bottle for my DH for an upcoming birthday?   I don't think I can justify anything that is like $1000/bottle, but something in the 100-200 price point would be great.

His current bottle is Woodford Reserve double oaked.  I'd like something a step up from that if you can recommend.   Thank you both.   

Hopefully OK to post here--maybe should have been in the Bella thread?

Edited by Gardener5b
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, George C said:

If Marijuana is legal in your area , I hear it is a great pain reliever, so I have heard 😁

That is so funny. We both smoked weed back in our young adulthood. We haven't revisited it yet. Yesterday, there was a coupon on the back of our grocery store receipt for $25 off your $125 purchase at our local dispensary, "Garden of Eden" :classic_biggrin:

I don't know which states are legal, but the gummies and CBD ointments and extracts are supposed to be very helpful for chronic pain, and things like restless leg and restful sleep. They sell the CBD extract and ointments here at Kohls and Walgreens. LOL :classic_biggrin:

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Coralc said:

That is so funny. We both smoked weed back in our young adulthood. We haven't revisited it yet. Yesterday, there was a coupon on the back of our grocery store receipt for $25 off your $125 purchase at our local dispensary, "Garden of Eden" :classic_biggrin:

I don't know which states are legal, but the gummies and CBD ointments and extracts are supposed to be very helpful for chronic pain, and things like restless leg and restful sleep. They sell the CBD extract and ointments here at Kohls and Walgreens. LOL :classic_biggrin:

Really hope they make it totally legal , I have stock in 3 different companies that sell it in Canada .

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, George C said:

Really hope they make it totally legal , I have stock in 3 different companies that sell it in Canada .

Hope one of them is not CGC, I'm sitting here only wearing a pair of socks........................ Seth Rogen has seriously let me down 😞

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gardener5b said:

We had a Jenn Air downdraft stove and absolutely loved it (my husband worked for Maytag/JennAir at the time in IT).   We replaced it with a GE dual fuel range--gas cook top and electric oven.   While I love it, I do miss our down-draft.

Wr had a dual fuel in Atlanta. The oven was a double

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

He has his own production company and he is extremely popular.  

Hard to imagine he won’t have future popular projects.

I think we have a situation of too big to fail here.

I like a lot of his movies. Don't gove a crap about his life.

51 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Hope one of them is not CGC, I'm sitting here only wearing a pair of socks........................ Seth Rogen has seriously let me down 😞

Actually just have a little of that mostly Tlry which has been a roller coaster, if they make it legal here I believe all those stocks will do very well. 

21 minutes ago, George C said:

Actually just have a little of that mostly Tlry which has been a roller coaster, if they make it legal here I believe all those stocks will do very well. 

I never invested in Cannabis, because I was a regulator. I really wish I had invested in Scott's Miracle Grow (SMG) when they started at sixty, because they are heavily committed to the industry. Out of my price range now. :classic_smile:

• Like 3