Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

56 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Lately Charlie has been whining and crying at night after being put in the crate. It's in our master bedroom and I think he wants to sleep with us. I am wary since I am afraid he will want to get up in the middle of the night and roam and possibly go to the bathroom inside. Not sure what to do. Last night I had to put my Bose sleep buds in to drown him out. I do want the dogs to sleep with us but want to make sure they are old enough.

We never wanted our pets to sleep with us so we left the crate downstairs.  The first few nights were tough...like letting a baby cry it out when going to bed.  When she no longer needed the crate, she slept in our family room on a couch.  As she got older, she'd disappear and we'd find her by herself sleeping.

Our cats on the other hand weren't as easy.  We'd close our bedroom door to keep them out.  They'd scratch at the door.  One of them would reach her paw under the door and move it around.  Not sure if she thought she could somehow open the door herself, but it did entertain us. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, George C said:

Pretty sure my wife wanted to get married before her 30 birthday ( obviously a woman thing) she turned 30 a few days after. I was a little over 40 at the time. 

Funny, I didn't want to get married until I was at least 30. I caved at the tender age of 29 and got married in 1993. But in all fairness, I had been dating my future bride for 7 years and known her for a total 9 years (2 of those years where in the "friend zone") so we were pretty much married anyways.  She was 34 at the time of our wedding but it was her 2nd marriage, the first was in her very early 20's. 

I used to tease her that she was the "original" cougar since she was 5 years older than me and it wasn't fair that she got two weddings and I only had one. 😉

• Like 10
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

My preference is a 10 or 12 nighter😁

Me too, actually, I prefer the around the world cruise, but reality kicks in.  Oasis class ships only do longer than 8 nights on TAs, as far as I have seen.  So, 8 is better than 7 or less.  

JC

• Like 1

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

That is a nice itinerary.  I didn’t realize you were on an 8 nighter.  I know the following week is also an 8 nighter going to Aruba and Curaçao.  That would have been a great B2B. 

It would be a great b2b. I, however, am not retired so it just can't happen.... yet.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Love your itinerary and that it's a 8 nighter. Safe travels wished to you and I hope you post some pics of some great cocktails here. Try the espresso martini with cognac instead of vodka and let me know if you like it.

Lately Charlie has been whining and crying at night after being put in the crate. It's in our master bedroom and I think he wants to sleep with us. I am wary since I am afraid he will want to get up in the middle of the night and roam and possibly go to the bathroom inside. Not sure what to do. Last night I had to put my Bose sleep buds in to drown him out. I do want the dogs to sleep with us but want to make sure they are old enough.

When I got my Weimaraner I was determined to have her sleep in her own bed next to mine. The third night she jumped up on to my bed and spent the next 16 years there. My choices were to let her have her way or stay awake all night fighting a battle that I was going to loose.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Our cats on the other hand weren't as easy.  We'd close our bedroom door to keep them out.  They'd scratch at the door.  One of them would reach her paw under the door and move it around.  Not sure if she thought she could somehow open the door herself, but it did entertain us. 

One of my cats learned how to open up door handles by stretching and putting her paw on the door handle (not a knob).    Now she opens up the door for her Brother

17 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Got my negative covid test back.

Congratulations!!    Now you can do the Happy Dance and start packing.      Let the fun begin🤩

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Kinda the opposite of kids.    I didn't mind when they were babies or toddlers being in bed with us on occasion (I enjoyed it).     The oldest one didn't jump into bed as much as the youngest one, Chris.   

Have you tried opening the crate to see if he wants to jump into bed or what it is that he is crying for?   

He most likely does want to sleep with you since we was doing a lot of snuggles with you while you were in knee recovery.

I want to try one of those Kraken espresso martini's.    They sound really good.   In fact, I may have to go to liquor store today and pick up a bottle.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

Today I am roasting my free Turkey I got from Shoprite for Easter.     I wanted to get the free turkey breast but they were all sold out so I got the smallest turkey they had 21.5 pounds.      They had a 29 lb bird.    I don't think I ever saw one that large.    

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am referring to the private islands .

Glad they no longer tender at either of their private islands in the Caribbean.    

I never enjoyed having to do tenders.     Always awkward to get on and off plus the lines to wait and that wasn't even large ships.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Have you tried opening the crate to see if he wants to jump into bed or what it is that is crying for?   

I want to try one of those Kraken espresso martini's.    They sound really good.   In fact, I may have to go to liquor store today and pick up a bottle.

Good idea I may try that tonight Debbie. I think you should get a bottle. Let me know how you like it.

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That stinks, IMO.    At least Navigator hasn't been maxed out with passengers so that should help with the lines waiting for the tenders.    

I was on in January, during The Big Omicron Scare.  I think we could have fit the entire passenger manifest in two single tender boats!  🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Bar Harbor tendered, don’t know if it does still.

They’re never going to build any facility to allow cruise ships to dock. The ferry slip is enough of an “eyesore”. 

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

It did in 2011 .St. Thomas also did one year I believe.

I was on one NCL cruise that tendered in St Thomas. Gem . It was relatively recent....sometime between 2017 and 2019. Reason given was that there was no dock space due to many ships calling there that day. Tender boats took us straight downtown. They used shoreside tenders not the lifeboats.

• Like 2