Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 minutes ago, sgmn said:

A friend of mine made the 'the very hungry caterpillar' cake 

This friend should be a "keeper" 😁 

Every one needs a friend who can bake such a beautiful cake 👍

5 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Dani, I will bore you with pics of him when I see you in June 😁

Sue, I'm so READY to be "bored"...

Bore me tomorrow, pls. Besides, I too have pics of 2 [two] grandsons 🤪

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

As I write this post I want to share so many great memories that over the years have brought me great happiness. 

But where can I begin???  There are so many stories that our little ball of fur made life unique in her own way. So for know I will just cherish them in my heart.

And it is ironic that you left us as the clouds opened up and pouring rain started, I guess they were tears from heaven.   And we joined it. 

But soon we realized you were at peace and finally free from your plight.  Although we will miss you we are glad for the 17 years of happiness you gave us. 

Carrie Lyons

2004—————2022

041D0CA8-0C95-4546-A99E-D385EA209635.jpeg

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 32

2 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

But soon we realized you were at peace and finally free from your plight.  Although we will miss you we are glad for the 17 years of happiness you gave us. 

Carrie Lyons

2004—————2022

Hugs to you, Rick and Christina (((( ))))

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Amazing pics, OB. Thanks for sharing.

It always amazes me that you're up so early, even in vacation 😕

I went to bed at 1:30 this morning and was not sure if I would catch sunrise today but I am really glad I did. Woke up even with no alarm set.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Wow.  I would of been pretty upset missing it twice but four times!  You will live it when you make it.  Maybe cruise from there. 

Our first cruise with Royal Caribbean was from San Juan, on one of the port intensive, southern routes.   We flew in several days early and stayed in the Isle Verde area to enjoy their beaches.

We used the public bus system to travel from there to Old San Juan, to explore the city.  That bus trip was an interesting experience, as some riders got on carrying chickens.

Sailed from there one other time, and never missed a port stop to San Juan.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

I was quite a bit behind so I've had to skip/scan the last few pages 

Our little grandson had his first birthday this week and his other grandparents hosted a lovely party at their house. We helped out with all the various sides and salads so it's been a busy few days. A friend of mine made the 'the very hungry caterpillar' cake 

A lovely day, our grandson is a poppet and I have some great photos, unfortunately my son won't let us post them on social media.

20220423_180245.thumb.jpg.69c901e6be1933225bd06c10be349ab5.jpg

20220424_123902_resized.thumb.jpg.86bac56ab6e28a4f1190ef86ed0cb94f.jpg

Happy birthday to your grandson.  Gorgeous cake and lovely spread.  I love The Very Hungry Caterpillar.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Amazing pics, OB. Thanks for sharing.

It always amazes me that you're up so early, even in vacation 😕

Yep I am glad OB is sharing his stunning photos because the only time I see a sunrise on a cruise ship is when I am sick with a cold and escape to the verandah very early to save my family from my snoring!

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

I was quite a bit behind so I've had to skip/scan the last few pages 

Our little grandson had his first birthday this week and his other grandparents hosted a lovely party at their house. We helped out with all the various sides and salads so it's been a busy few days. A friend of mine made the 'the very hungry caterpillar' cake 

A lovely day, our grandson is a poppet and I have some great photos, unfortunately my son won't let us post them on social media.

20220423_180245.thumb.jpg.69c901e6be1933225bd06c10be349ab5.jpg

20220424_123902_resized.thumb.jpg.86bac56ab6e28a4f1190ef86ed0cb94f.jpg

Happy 1st birthday Isaac.

Screenshot_20211216_221703.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I guess I am making up for lost time on the CC threads.

Been up since 3 am. Had trouble sleeping, and need to be busy.

@Ocean Boy

Thank you for taking the time from your cruise to share.  It means a lot.  Beautiful tribute.

Now going back on this thread I see some post regarding our Vet's office response at our time of need.

My husband's family has  been going to the same clinic for over 45 years. So we also followed with our pets.

The original owner was an Auschwitz survivor, came to the US  went to college, and settled in Youngstown Ohio.

Every time we made a visit, he would sit down hold our family pet, and tell us stories of his life.

He made time for everyone, and sometimes you waited over an hour to see him, but he was always there for all. And you did not mind.  Sometimes he was opened past 9pm for evening appointments.

He would tell us his life's stories.   

Surviving in concentration camps was unimaginable, but, as a whole, the people housed in the same barrack as he was, met each others needs. He was young, and saw death early in life, and saw fellow prisoners (for lack of a better word) be at the side of those that died in the barracks.

He then knew if he survived he would continue to be there for all.

And that he said was the foundation of his practice.  Always be there, make every attempt to help those in needs.  For him, it was our family pets.

He sadly passed away a few years back from leukemia after living a full life, and his practice as some practices grow, went to the next generation of veterinarians.

We just continued to go there, knowing the office staff and all.

And yes, that was very frustrating in our time of need  not to help us.

But times have changed.

And probably so shall we.

We will be looking for a new family VET, when we rescue our next kitten.

Not ready, but when we are, we will grow with a new facility.

Thanks again from all the kind words ((((((((((HUGS))))))))) 

and just being there.

Take care.

Stay healthy

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

As I write this post I want to share so many great memories that over the years have brought me great happiness. 

But where can I begin???  There are so many stories that our little ball of fur made life unique in her own way. So for know I will just cherish them in my heart.

And it is ironic that you left us as the clouds opened up and pouring rain started, I guess they were tears from heaven.   And we joined it. 

Carrie Lyons

2004—————2022

Screenshot_20211125_085547.jpg

• Like 16

18 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

I guess I am making up for lost time on the CC threads.

Been up since 3 am. Had trouble sleeping, and need to be busy.

@Ocean Boy

Thank you for taking the time from your cruise to share.  It means a lot.  Beautiful tribute.

Now going back on this thread I see some post regarding our Vet's office response at our time of need.

My husband's family has  been going to the same clinic for over 45 years. So we also followed with our pets.

The original owner was an Auschwitz survivor, came to the US  went to college, and settled in Youngstown Ohio.

Every time we made a visit, he would sit down hold our family pet, and tell us stories of his life.

He made time for everyone, and sometimes you waited over an hour to see him, but he was always there for all. And you did not mind.  Sometimes he was opened past 9pm for evening appointments.

He would tell us his life's stories.   

Surviving in concentration camps was unimaginable, but, as a whole, the people housed in the same barrack as he was, met each others needs. He was young, and saw death early in life, and saw fellow prisoners (for lack of a better word) be at the side of those that died in the barracks.

He then knew if he survived he would continue to be there for all.

And that he said was the foundation of his practice.  Always be there, make every attempt to help those in needs.  For him, it was our family pets.

He sadly passed away a few years back from leukemia after living a full life, and his practice as some practices grow, went to the next generation of veterinarians.

We just continued to go there, knowing the office staff and all.

And yes, that was very frustrating in our time of need  not to help us.

But times have changed.

And probably so shall we.

We will be looking for a new family VET, when we rescue our next kitten.

Not ready, but when we are, we will grow with a new facility.

Thanks again from all the kind words ((((((((((HUGS))))))))) 

and just being there.

Take care.

Stay healthy

That is a fascinating story of the original vet.  We have many pets so when we moved I interviewed different offices and then picked one.  It did take awhile to establish a relationship with them and our vet.  Now they know us and all our pets.  If the vet we use ever leaves that office I may need to go shopping again since I am not crazy about the other vet who works there.  I am so glad that this wonderful thread could be here for you.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Carrie Lyons

2004—————2022

Sorry to hear it is hard.

41 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have never been on a ship where they keep the coffee machine in the DL roped off until exactly 7AM. It was never done like this on my previous Allure sailing either. This is really annoying.

Been my experience, that on the Allure they do, especially post covid.

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I've heard if your close and one snaps it can kill you. Or... maybe some guy with a little authority and a whistle just like to blow it.

If you reached for the coffee maker did anyone blow a whistle at you?😂

• Haha 11

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have never been on a ship where they keep the coffee machine in the DL roped off until exactly 7AM. It was never done like this on my previous Allure sailing either. This is really annoying.

It was on our sailing last month.  We walked in right at 7:00, just as they opened the ropes, so we walked right up to the machine. There were some people seated in the DL, evidently waiting for it to open. 

We did get a couple dirty looks, but my theory is waiting in a chair is not the same as waiting in a line.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

@Sea Dog This one earned me a whistle!

20220425_210947.thumb.jpg.6c468d7abcdde19d896b0c89fe4b19b8.jpg

That's how you know that you're doing it right!

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I've heard if your close and one snaps it can kill you. Or... maybe some guy with a little authority and a whistle just like to blow it.

I always thought it was a safety thing, not wanting people to get too close to the edge in case they fall in.  Rules like this are usually meant for the one stupid person, not the 99 normal people.

As for the idea of pictures of lines, they can be very satisfying to look at since they meet a lot of the "rules" of photography (if done correctly).  They have something in the foreground (the thing the rope is over...the bollard??) and something in the background (the ship), and they have the line itself that forms a leading line into the picture.  Leading lines naturaly draw a viewers eye into the photo.  That and ship nerds like me think they're cool.  As with anything, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Like 10

10 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@Sunshine3601you have a cherry tree?  If I had one, it would be picked clean at first harvest.  Can't wait for June, cherry season!

We have 1 cherry tree and 1 peach tree and one of my neighbors has an apple tree.   We all share but I'm sure Eric hides his cherries as he eats them like candy.   I don't like cherries but love peaches.

• Like 5