Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I'm angered and my heart aches for the families in TX who now have to bury their precious children as well as the others whose lives were cut down by this senseless tragedy.  Unimaginable.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

We now as a group, aka family have to yet deal with another heartbreaking travesty with the loss of such young lives as well as their teacher.

I can only hope and pray that one day soon, we can all live in a world that shows respect for human life.

Am I asking for too much?

I have my doubts, but I will never give up thinking and praying for a safe loving outcome that protects all.

I am loss for words.

But I remember reading once out of all bad some good does happen.

But, how when children are robbed in their youth.

So tonight take the time to tell the ones you care about, how much they mean to you.

Kiss, hugs, whatever.

I know it might be to much for some to share feelings.

So, send good wishes for those who need them,

Take care

All my love through thoughts and prayers.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

My son and daughter and son-in-law are in lockdown. 
It was a glorious 4 days in Chicago celebrating my granddaughter’s law school graduation that did it. 
Lisa said the auditorium held 1,000 people and it was packed. 
After being careful for so long, all three have COVID. 

Lisa and Jon have the run of their house, but Scott is in isolation because his MIL just moved in with them. 
They started taking Paxlovid the third day and have seen an improvement. 

So far as changing the title of this thread, it has made us into a family, and we like the name. It’s our family name!!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

My son and daughter and son-in-law are in lockdown. 
It was a glorious 4 days in Chicago celebrating my granddaughter’s law school graduation that did it. 
Lisa said the auditorium held 1,000 people and it was packed. 
After being careful for so long, all three have COVID. 

Lisa and Jon have the run of their house, but Scott is in isolation because his MIL just moved in with them. 
They started taking Paxlovid the third day and have seen an improvement. 

So far as changing the title of this thread, it has made us into a family, and we like the name. It’s our family name!!

Very well said ,Mimi.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When I have cherry tomatoes going they are ready to pick about the 3rd week of June.  For some reason I have not had luck yet getting cherry tomatoes going.   Not giving up.  Larger tomatoes  start the last of June, first of July.

No timers.  I rely totally on the core gardening and it hasn't failed yet.  It would of helped if I hard someone pruning and hooking the plants to the trellises. 

Do you use any fertilizer on the tomatoes?

24 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I use a fertilizer called trifecta plus.  I use it once when I plant them and one more time when they start blossoming.  What do you use?.

I use 10-10-10  All-Purpose granular fertilizer But ONLY put it on Once when the tomato plant is about 1 ft. tall.

I find when putting fertilizer on again later the plant will get stringy , with a lot of leaf growth later but fruit will be smaller.

Also put the same fertilizer on my 2 peach trees and 1 apple tree. Fertilize the trees around in a circle as far out away from the trunks as the branches extend.  That is put on early in the spring when flowers are still on the trees.

Corn I will fertilize just one time also, when the stalks are about 1 1/2 ft tall. I also will keep pulling off the suckers, so each corn plant will have only one stalk.....each stalk willbear either 3 or 4 ears of corn. I have two 40 ft rows.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

I tried to post earlier today and something went wrong.

As usual, this thread moves quickly in that different topics are posted by so many people.

As to changing the title of the thread, I do not see a reason to change. It seems that the suggestion to change the title came from some posters who do not contribute often to the conversation here. Now, I admit that I am not a frequent poster,but I have been following this thread from the beginning and have become familiar with so many here. Whenever I read Dani’s thread, I feel  that I am catching up,with life happenings of neighbors.

As I wrote recently, there have been wonderful things as well as heartbreaking things that people have shared here. So many kind people have cheered the wonderful and have offered support to the heartbreaking. This thread allows people to commiserate, empathize ,uplift and encourage. We need more of this in the world.

Maybe by reading this thread and participating by posting, we could take the feeling of kindness and friendliness evidenced here into our worlds outside of this CC forum and make.our  small worlds better places to be. By doing this, perhaps kindness and friendliness would grow exponentially. This may be unrealistic ,but it is worth a try.

Through this thread, I have “met” people from Israel, Florida,Texas, Colorado, Ohio,Missouri,Arkansas,Rhode Island, Pennsylvania ,New Jersey and from different areas of my home state, New York. Before Dani started this thread, I would not have “known” such people. And the one thing about all of us conversing here is that we share more likenesses than differences. We love our families and friends, we enjoy beautiful photos of nature, we enjoy our children and grandchildren,we enjoy sharing time with loved ones,we enjoy traveling,or at least reading about other’s travels,we enjoy beloved pets,we enjoy life. We do not like sickness,loss of loved ones, storm damage to property or suffering of any kind. 

A thread like this makes one realize that people are good and wish good for others.

it was suggested to change the title of the thread since we are no longer in lockdown. But, in a way,I think that we are in lockdown. Situations,such as what happened today in Texas have caused us to be cautious and concerned for our welfare and the welfare of the people we care about in our lives.

Covid has caused us to be cautious and concerned about our health and the health of the people we care about in our lives. For some,it has curtailed travel and getting together with friends and family.

As I see it, the world is not the same world as it was twenty,thirty,forty years ago. People are isolated in their own lives, their  own lockdowns.Without being able to reach out to,others, the world becomes even more difficult. 

Thank you to Dani for starting this thread. I hope it continues on CC for a long time.

I apologize if I have written a rambling post. I felt I needed to respond to the idea of changing the title.

I wish all posting here a good night and a pleasant tomorrow.

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 29
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I have no words. I am angry I am heartbroken. I'm tired of the same thing. I want change.

Anybody who has the price of a gun can buy one on Texas , need tougher regulations for sure , half of my family lives in Colorado and between the two we seem to have the most shooting, my nieces were at a school last year that had a killing. Seems like we are the only country that has this problem. 

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

As usual, this thread moves quickly in that different topics are posted by so many people.

As to changing the title of the thread, I do not see a reason to change. It seems that the suggestion to change the title came from some posters who do not contribute often to the conversation here. Now, I admit that I am not a frequent poster,but I have been following this thread from the beginning and have become familiar with so many here. Whenever I read Dani’s thread, I feel  that I am catching up,with life happenings of neighbors.

As I wrote recently, there have been wonderful things as well as heartbreaking things that people have shared here. So many kind people have cheered the wonderful and have offered support to the heartbreaking. This thread allows people to commiserate, empathize ,uplift and encourage. We need more of this in the world.

Maybe by reading this thread and participating by posting, we could take the feeling of kindness and friendliness evidenced here into our worlds outside of this CC forum and make.our  small worlds better places to be. By doing this, perhaps kindness and friendliness would grow exponentially. This may be unrealistic ,but it is worth a try.

Through this thread, I have “met” people from Israel, Florida,Texas, Colorado, Ohio,Missouri,Arkansas,Rhode Island, Pennsylvania ,New Jersey and from different areas of my home state, New York. Before Dani started this thread, I would not have “known” such people. And the one thing about all of us conversing here is that we share more likenesses than differences. We love our families and friends, we enjoy beautiful photos of nature, we enjoy our children and grandchildren,we enjoy sharing time with loved ones,we enjoy traveling,or at least reading about other’s travels,we enjoy beloved pets,we enjoy life. We do not like sickness,loss of loved ones, storm damage to property or suffering of any kind. 

A thread like this makes one realize that people are good and wish good for others.

it was suggested to change the title of the thread since we are no longer in lockdown. But, in a way,I think that we are in lockdown. Situations,such as what happened today in Texas have caused us to be cautious and concerned for our welfare and the welfare of the people we care about in our lives.

Covid has caused us to be cautious and concerned about our health and the health of the people we care about in our lives. For some,it has curtailed travel and getting together with friends and family.

As I see it, the world is not the same world as it was twenty,thirty,forty years ago. People are isolated in their own lives, their  own lockdowns.Without being able to reach out to,others, the world becomes even more difficult. 

Thank you to Dani for starting this thread. I hope it continues on CC for a long time.

I apologize if I have written a rambling post. I felt I needed to respond to the idea of changing the title.

MJ🙋🏻

So glad there is a like button for this post.  Well said!!!

• Like 8

1 minute ago, George C said:

Anybody who has the price of a gun can buy one on Texas , need tougher regulations for sure , half of my family lives in Colorado and between the two we seem to have the most shooting, my nieces were at a school last year that had a killing. Seems like we are the only country that has this problem. 

My supervisor at a job I held here in TX was a gun totin' grandma.  The 23 year old co-worker l  often had lunch with had a gun.  When I asked why, they both said because it made them feel safe.  

Like Candace Bergen in the movie "Ms Congeniality" said, "this is Texas, everyone has a gun.  My florist has a gun:"

I don't have a gun.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MJSailors said:

MJ🙋🏻

Nice post.

Don't Forget Pauline and I and Sue and her husband from England UK.

Pauline was in Lockdown after contracting Covid on our P&O Iona cruise in March.

Fortunately her positive test didn't show until we got home.

Many people have been in lockdown during and after their cruise so this excellent thread will be relevant for a long time to come.

It is currently 09.50am in England 55°F and sunny.

We are having a new kitchen blind fitted now as I post.

Wishing all my good friends on here a wonderful day.

Graham.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, MJSailors said:

MJ🙋🏻

Your post was hardly rambling.  I think it was quite to the point. Thanks for taking the time to write it.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, MJSailors said:

MJ🙋🏻

Very well said!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Through this thread, I have “met” people from Israel, Florida, Texas, Colorado, Ohio, Missouri, Arkansas, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania ,New Jersey and from different areas of my home state, New York.

MJ🙋🏻

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Nice post.

Don't Forget Pauline and I and Sue and her husband from England UK.

Thank you, @MJSailors. I really appreciate the kind words.🌷

.... as well as our "aussie" ( @aussielozzie18) and Canada ( @A&L_Ont, @StanleyandGus, @#55worktoplay friends 🍁), etc.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, NHProud said:

Dani , I read on the book of faces that a cruiser’s  itinerary was diverted from Jerusalem

That's weird. Absolutely no reason to divert. Is it a one off, or all the Holy Land cruises are now diverted?

All I know that this Sunday there will be a very controversial parade in Jerusalem, which, sadly, last year resulted in the start of hostilities here. A small group of "our" fanatics is drowning us down.

12 hours ago, NHProud said:

You must be so excited. Are you really meeting up with the captain on Beyond ? 

Thank you, Judy. I'm excited, mingled, of course, with worry.

I'm corresponding with the captain on Whatsapp, but not expecting any meeting, though I, of course, will be more than happy to.

It's up to her, and she is somewhat "all over the place"...

I'm looking for something which represents Israel as a symbolic gift for her, usually I bring a small olive wood cross, but with the Christian tourism down for the last 2 years, many shops which catered for those tourists are closed....

Thank you,,Graham and Dani for reminding me of the home countries of other posters on this thread. Since I wrote around 11PM, some details slipped from my mind.

Pauline and Graham,I have enjoyed your photos from lovely places you visit near your home and from various places where you have vacationed or have taken cruises. I do not think my hubby and I will have a chance to visit those places, so I am enjoying them vicariously through you. Especially, the Lake District.

Sue, I recall that you shared photos of your children’s wedding and your recent Celebrity Cruise. I enjoyed your photos.

Also, Andrew who detests raisins ,but loves his family and is proud of his son Owen’s accomplishments both academic and athletic. His photos of the boss, Lucy, are always fun to see.

Then, there is the poster from Australia who shares the most amazing photos of that beautiful country. 

I hope I haven’ t left anyone out in this post. I think I am a bit sharper this morning as I am having my coffee 😉. If I haven’t mentioned someone by name or home place, it doesn’t mean that I don’t appreciate your contributions to this thread. It is a friendly neighborhood and I am glad that all are welcome.

Now,I will get that second cup of coffee and get on with my day !

Wishing all a peaceful day.

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6