Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Good news.My doctor who recommended me for the Wheelchair/Walker ,designed for people who have Parkinson’s called me last Thursday and said he is having the combo delivered to his office this week and that I should have it this week.He just called me and asked me to come to his office tomorrow afternoon to learn how to use it and take it home.Having this should enable me to have the ability to do many things that I cannot currently do.

This is great news Lenny.

I am really pleased for you.

Graham.

• Like 1

My girlfriend and husband just came back from a small ship cruise off Western Australia.  Her hubby says I think I put on 5 kilos and I think you did too.  He put on 2kg in 10 days and she put on half a kilo. She is very happy.  She ate what she wanted but unlike her DH she didn’t drink.  She has 300 photos to show me when we catch up.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, George C said:

My wife loves weight watchers, goes to meetings every Saturday. She doesn’t really count points but eats very healthy, her only vice is wine . She been going for years. 

Gary and I are doing Slimming World, which I think is only UK based diet plan. Basically veg, fruit, protein with a bit of carbs. It's not perfect and I am a little concerned there's no or little fat/oil, but I find I can only stick to the plan when I have a weekly weigh in. 

Lost 3.5 Stone in 2016 but still have a ways to go. 

Well done to all who don't put on weight on cruises, tell me your tips.   We walk a lot but I still managed to put on 5lbs on the Norwegian Fjords cruise a couple of weeks ago.  I think we need to refuse the bread basket and drink more G&Ts instead of wine 🍷 🤔 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 7

11 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I also convinced myself that the foods I used to eat may have tasted wonderful when I ate them but the end result was not worth it.

Definitely successful weight loss is an attitude of mind 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Odd indeed. Not only that, but my reply to @NHProud was also locked down... First time it happened to me since I've joined CC ☹️

On a happier note, we have a Jewish holiday approaching, where the tradition is to eat lots of cheese.... Since our inlaws will be abroad [they got an offer to visit Normandy which they couldn't refuse 😉] and our "mutual" grandson was 4 years old today, we'll celebrate more than a week ahead, and I volunteered to bake.... surprise... a cheese cake. A new recipe.

So today I've baked "part 1", it has to "rest" at least a day in the fridge, and Friday morning I'll do the top.

Part 1 --

image.thumb.jpeg.af501f804cbfb689dbfc29a1fb72c5fa.jpeg

Happy Birthday to your grandson Dani. Best wishes to him for lovely day.

Your cheesecake looks lovely.  I love cheese but never buy it apart from Christmas,  so enjoy it on cruises. Gary absolutely hates it though will reluctantly eat 'cooked' cheese on pizza 🍕 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.

The results of my x-rays showed moderate osteoarthritis in both my knees.

The doctor is making an appointment for me to get steroid injections and physiotherapy.

We popped along to the beach for a walk afterwards.

Graham.

IMG_20220526_111056.jpg

• Like 20

35 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

The results of my x-rays showed moderate osteoarthritis in both my knees.

The doctor is making an appointment for me to get steroid injections and physiotherapy.

We popped along to the beach for a walk afterwards.

Graham.

I assume that’s good news?

• Like 2

We made it on watching Survivor when they announced the winner.

Of course I took a break and did some house work while they pleaded their case and answered questions.  I do not enjoy that part, I feel like it is whining and begging.

So when my DH called me back, I cannot say I was not surprised with the winner.

To me, oh. ok, they won.

Can only hope next season is better.

Take care

• Like 2

Is next season #41 since this was #42?  
A few months ago I watched #1 since my sister said that was the only good one.  
I only watch BB for the comps, so watching Survivor w/Jonathan & Lindsey was pretty good.
Doesn't matter how strong or how many comps you win.

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

I assume that’s good news?

At least it is not severe osteoarthritis.

I am learning to sleep on my back because with the moderate osteoarthritis in my hips when I lie on my side my knees touch each other when sleeping causing pain when I wake up.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I am learning to sleep on my back because with the moderate osteoarthritis in my hips when I lie on my side my knees touch each other when sleeping causing pain when I wake up.

Have you tried putting some sort of cushioning between your knees? Back sleeping would never work for me.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I have found for my knees that Celebrex works very well.  I also have used Voltaren gel or rosemary oil.  You might try a pillow between your knees at night.  It keeps your hips and knees in alignment when sleeping on your side.  Just ideas that may or may not help.  I have knee issues also and have tried a lot of things to help.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Have you tried putting some sort of cushioning between your knees? Back sleeping would never work for me.

I have moderate osteoarthritis in my hips so lying on my side in the recovery position is painful.

I have tried Normal pillows and special knee pillow's which work for 1 or 2 nights but any pressure on the inside of both knees causes pain.

Fortunately I can go to sleep very quickly but the inside of both knees is painful when I wake up.

I have tried rubbing Voltarol and other anti inflammatory gel on my knees but the pressure of rubbing the gel in makes the inside of each knee more painful.

Ibuprofen tablets were perfect but my heart medication prevents me from taking them and I am not interested in taking codeine tablets which didn't work for me anyway.

Fortunately I have a high pain threshold.

Graham.

• Like 7

Cloudy but getting brighter at the beach.   Our week here flew by.   House is all ready for summer🤩  Tenants just texted they will be here around noon so we will be out by 11 am.   Had a short bike ride this morning..  Enjoying morning coffee on the deck now then Eric will pack up the car.   

Always sad when we leave but will be back in 2 weeks.

I left the can opener on the counter😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 13

It is sunny and 54° in the Bay Area of California this morning, our home for the next couple weeks.  It was so foggy when we crossed the Golden Gate Bridge last night, you could hardly see 100 feet, but was very clear when we reached the north end. 

Plan to walk to Farmer’s market this morning to find something fresh.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I  hear ya, Graham.   I kind of live on Advil...I hope the shots help you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Luckynana said:

How many "sleeps" before you board the Beyond?

It's really getting closer, and with yesterday's baking, today - visit to our single boy (details below) and the birthday celebration tomorrow, we'll get to the less than 2 weeks margin 😉

So, our single son is renting an 1 bedroom flat in a very old building in Tel-Aviv (circa 1950). DH helped painting, repairing and updating the characterless space as much as possible.

Lately, the "kid" asked for a reading lamp, handmade of course by dad. This morning we travelled to Tel-Aviv and were very lucky to find a parking spot quite near the flat (being such an old neighborhood, all the buildings have no in site parking).

Here's the reading lamp, freshly installed --

image.thumb.jpeg.13de1bec68fea920432ce06983b00eff.jpeg

A corner picture

image.thumb.jpeg.c04b1be195f07465bcda5d9767644150.jpeg

and a piece of furniture made from their old childhood one....

image.thumb.jpeg.8dcd0912a2f4c5f5c58a191ddf889021.jpeg

• Like 24