Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

28 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

This might sound strange but see if you can find some duct tape.  I went to a 3 day golf school about 15 years ago.  We hit so many golf balls that our hands would form blisters.  The instructors had us wrap them with duct tape.  It kept the blisters from rubbing and is flexible enough to behave a little like skin.  Not very fashionable though.

Thanks for the info. That seems like it would pull the skin off the blister. This is what I used. We always carry this with us and it normally works.

https://www.amazon.com/Nexcare-Absolute-Waterproof-First-Easily/dp/B000FNHOV0/ref=asc_df_B000FNHOV0/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309765225568&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=18427513053427328141&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9052296&hvtargid=pla-385046465730&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=70155173228&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=309765225568&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=18427513053427328141&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9052296&hvtargid=pla-385046465730

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Hmmm, don't know why I didn't recognize it. It seems to have many more tables in your picture than I remember.  

I think they did add more. It does seem more crowded.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My daughters call me every day to find out how I am feeling.

The older daughter called first and told me that she has Covid.

Everyone else in her family is find.

I hope your daughter is asymptomatic with her Covid.

17 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear your older daughter has Covid Lenny.

Our Sarah tested positive again today but she said she is feeling a lot better.

Graham.

Glad to hear Sarah his feeling better, even though she's still testing positive.

17 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Mom had another good day yesterday, walking almost 200’. Eating more and feeling more herself. Hopefully today is a better day again. 

Awesome!!!!!

17 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I am amazed, with all the food I eat on a cruise, how good those bags of chips are!

I never buy potato chips at home, but those  Lay’s Classic chips on a cruise are wonderful. 

I will have to remember to stop there for the chips!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

What time are you leaving the ship?

Our time was supposed to be 8:45 and our number is 43. They are at 38 right now. It took 45 minutes to get served breakfast in the MDR so just hanging out.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, HBE4 said:

All true. But then again,  the plan seems to be changing each week so we shall see.  I'm certainly not rushing her out of the nest. 

❤️

9 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Went to a Broadway musical “Come From Away” this afternoon.  It is based on the events in the Newfoundland town of Gander where 38 international aircraft had to be diverted and land

We saw "Come From Away" a couple of years ago on Broadway, prior to our repo stopping in Canada, (which we did have to cancel since I got ill the week before our trip.☹️).

Excellent play, emotional as well as educational.

• Like 2

Our first stop was Labadee.

20220711_090427.thumb.jpg.73383c912e7ca819ef6678e9d355dbfe.jpg

Does anyone know the story behind the ruins at Nellie's beach?

20220711_091410.thumb.jpg.d0b02ace6e6a5f13e1e737b986ba5c39.jpg

20220711_091434.thumb.jpg.c74c3ab7cfa8ead90aca6c3a1862acdb.jpg

20220711_091450.thumb.jpg.21e1fdff8c5f779d38d4d454ef195903.jpg

I was trying to get a picture of the blue fish and didn't even see the other one.

20220711_103300.thumb.jpg.8da74ce3b21eaf7b4c3920565b8f541c.jpg

When we were getting ready to leave they had some sort of send off. Waving flags and singing. Not sure what it was about.

20220711_163757.thumb.jpg.585146e79a59ea361e7a1443606ad970.jpg

20220711_165600.thumb.jpg.e59a77243994dadeb8c90e23e7d89a62.jpg

Number has just been called. 😩

• Like 17

17 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Our time was supposed to be 8:45 and our number is 43. They are at 38 right now. It took 45 minutes to get served breakfast in the MDR so just hanging out.

When is your next cruise??

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

The problem in the UK is we're not set up for extreme weather. Hardly anyone has air conditioning and even public buildings often don't.  To matters worse we're having new floors fitted on Mon and Tues and my son is moving house on Monday 

Good luck with your flooring and your Son's move.      Hopefully you have some fans to stay cool.    During the summer months I keep the blinds closed in most rooms.      I love summer and don't mind hot days but it is the humidity that I hate; however, my garden loves it.      

• Like 1

Yesterday I received a phone call from a past CFO from a job that I worked in the 90's.    He had opened up his own business about 15 yrs and had previously asked me to come work in his acctg. department.     I always turned him down as I have enjoyed what I have been doing for many years.    I still do it enjoy (most days); however, the real estate/mortgage market has really slowed down this year.    So I decided I will meet him at his office this week and see what he has to offer.       

As I could always speak upfront with this person I mentioned that I have a couple of future cruises booked and time to spend at our shore house in the Fall and would that be a problem.    He said absolutely Not.      I asked if I would need to bring laptop and work while I am traveling and he said absolutely Not.    Salary would more than I am making now but I would have to go to the office every day.        I would really miss the option of working from home but would be nice to get back to an office atmosphere on a regular basis.    

I am torn.   Eric says I should go for it as he knows I am bored with work right now.    

I have an appt. on Tuesday to meet with him and discuss in detail and meet his staff.    

Wish me luck as I wrestled with all the pros and cons in bed last night.   

• Like 27

10 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Went to a Broadway musical “Come From Away” this afternoon.  It is based on the events in the Newfoundland town of Gander where 38 international aircraft had to be diverted and land at the Gander Airport due to the US airspace being closed because of the terrorist attacks that had just taken place in New York, Washington D.C. and Shanksville, Pennsylvania.  The townsfolk shared tremendous hospitality and kindness to these stranded travelers during that week following the attacks.  It is a heavy theme and very moving but thank goodness there were some light moments in there with a few lively songs and dance numbers.  I had to look up where Gander is.  Just looking at the pictures, I bet it’s beautiful place to visit.

e5F43B661-1603-472C-9033-41B64DAFC41B.thumb.png.841f1728f1e592ff091c5cb8a21b0bb0.png

Oh how I wish this play was closer to us.

I wish  I could remember where I initially read how the towns people came together to provide for all the passengers that landed on this island.  How they med the needs of all the passengers.

But I remember after all was said and done a significant collection was taken up to give back to the town.

A side note.

Our small town here in Vienna Ohio has an airport as well as an Air Force Reserve Base which houses the C130's and every other year we have an air show.  The Thunderbirds or Blue Angels usually make an appearance (One or the other).

During the crisis of Sept. 11, we had 7 large passenger jets grounded at the field.

Our local school district (Mathews) bused the passengers into Liberty Ohio, a few miles south of the airport and all spent the week in the local hotels.

This being unexpected and many passengers ran out of personal supplies.  The two counties Mahoning and Trumbull met their needs.

From catering food, personal needs, diapers to deodorant.

They were taken care of for the week.

Sure their were some miscommunications, as some had to wait for their individual needs to be met,

But it was great to see the caring our small town provided.

I can only hope this production comes to a playhouse near us.

Thank you so much for sharing.

It brought back memories that got us through this time in history.

Be safe

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Oh how I wish this play was closer to us.

I wish  I could remember where I initially read how the towns people came together to provide for all the passengers that landed on this island.  How they med the needs of all the passengers.

But I remember after all was said and done a significant collection was taken up to give back to the town.

A side note.

Our small town here in Vienna Ohio has an airport as well as an Air Force Reserve Base which houses the C130's and every other year we have an air show.  The Thunderbirds or Blue Angels usually make an appearance (One or the other).

During the crisis of Sept. 11, we had 7 large passenger jets grounded at the field.

Our local school district (Mathews) bused the passengers into Liberty Ohio, a few miles south of the airport and all spent the week in the local hotels.

This being unexpected and many passengers ran out of personal supplies.  The two counties Mahoning and Trumbull met their needs.

From catering food, personal needs, diapers to deodorant.

They were taken care of for the week.

Sure their were some miscommunications, as some had to wait for their individual needs to be met,

But it was great to see the caring our small town provided.

I can only hope this production comes to a playhouse near us.

Thank you so much for sharing.

It brought back memories that got us through this time in history.

Be safe

There is a air show in Ft Worth every October, they also have either the Thunderbirds or Blue Angels , have done it many years but not recently, the company Shelagh works for always has a couple of large tents and host the Blue Angels or Thunderbirds. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Good luck with your flooring and your Son's move.      Hopefully you have some fans to stay cool.    During the summer months I keep the blinds closed in most rooms.      I love summer and don't mind hot days but it is the humidity that I hate; however, my garden loves it.      

So do the weeds!!!!!🤷‍♀️

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

The problem in the UK is we're not set up for extreme weather. Hardly anyone has air conditioning and even public buildings often don't.  To matters worse we're having new floors fitted on Mon and Tues and my son is moving house on Monday 

Best of luck with the installation of your new floors tomorrow, Sue!   What kind of flooring are you having put down?  I sure hope it will cool off somewhat for you all.🤞

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have enjoyed all the despicable movies.   Hope you are too!

12 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I think you should enjoy them all, especially the final one with your step-daughter. 

So far, so good. Watched the first two. Cute & enjoyable. I may watch next 2 before Tuesday as that is $5 movie night at the local movie theater, typically price is $11.  A pleasant diversion from some of the more heavy & dark shows I've been watching, The Walking Dead & Better Call Saul.

Speaking of which, I keep seeing commercials for another AMC show call Dark Winds. A murder mystery thriller set on Native American reservation. Has anyone watched it?  It looks pretty good.  I never would have guessed that AMC - once known as the Ancient Movie Channel - would be putting out quality TV shows on par with HBO and NetFlix.

I've watched

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

There was a book written about the Gander experience called, I think, The Day The World Came To Town.

Thank you! After the earlier posts about Come From Away I was thinking this would be an interesting story to read. My friend Google didn’t find any book by that name and I hadn’t yet searched the more generic “book about Gander 9/11”.  I think I’ll be ordering this from Amazon. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I may watch next 2 before Tuesday as that is $5 movie night at the local movie theater, typically price is $11. 

On the humor thread I saw a post that said if you saw someone at a movie theater concession stand buying popcorn, candy and soda that person was a drug dealer because only those people had that much money.  😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yesterday I received a phone call from a past CFO from a job that I worked in the 90's.    He had opened up his own business about 15 yrs and had previously asked me to come work in his acctg. department.     I always turned him down as I have enjoyed what I have been doing for many years.    I still do it enjoy (most days); however, the real estate/mortgage market has really slowed down this year.    So I decided I will meet him at his office this week and see what he has to offer.       

As I could always speak upfront with this person I mentioned that I have a couple of future cruises booked and time to spend at our shore house in the Fall and would that be a problem.    He said absolutely Not.      I asked if I would need to bring laptop and work while I am traveling and he said absolutely Not.    Salary would more than I am making now but I would have to go to the office every day.        I would really miss the option of working from home but would be nice to get back to an office atmosphere on a regular basis.    

I am torn.   Eric says I should go for it as he knows I am bored with work right now.    

I have an appt. on Tuesday to meet with him and discuss in detail and meet his staff.    

This sounds like a wonderful opportunity Debbie.  I hope it ends up being an easy decision for you and wish you the best of luck 🍀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Speaking of which, I keep seeing commercials for another AMC show call Dark Winds. A murder mystery thriller set on Native American reservation. Has anyone watched it?  It looks pretty good.  

Yes, I watched 2 episodes of Dark Winds about a week ago.   It does look good; however, I watched right before bed and then had some bizarre nightmare that night.  

I have other episodes recorded and eventually will watch just not right before bed.

• Thanks 1

I would really miss the option of working from home but would be nice to get back to an office atmosphere on a regular basis.    

Good luck with your decision.  

As for me, I would never want to go back to working.  Once I retired, I often wondered how I had time to work, since my days have been filled.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Lenny, even with our daughter and grands in NJ, we both are very happy here in TX.  Not sure I could live through another NY/NJ winter.  I would rather sweat than shiver.  Besides, our humidity is not as bad as Houston.  

Our friends in NY sold their house and bought one in Delray Florida.  She just called to tell me she thinks they made a mistake!  They were snowbirds for the last 3 years and never experienced summer in Florida before.

Hoping all with covid get over it quickly with minimum symptoms.

Does your BIL C miss living in Brooklyn ? I miss living there but I mean the Brooklyn that I lived in many years ago.

• Like 1

Good luck Debbie. 

I know that "to do or not to do" feeling. Go to the meeting with an open mind and don't over think. If it is meant to be, it will be. No need to stress over the decision. I wish you the best. Keep us posted.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1