Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you so much.

Because of things out of our control unfortunately Pauline and I are not going on Bella's cruise and had to change to a different date.

I emailed John a few weeks ago to let him know.

Graham.

I'm sorry you will not be able to join us. I was really looking forward to meeting you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I have no idea what the comment means other than one thing and gave him a chance to explain and he chose to laugh, along with his boys club.  No worries, just not surprised at all.

Pretty sute I explained it. Not sure what your problem with it was.  Kinda working off the previous post about mirrors. I may have missed something, but I thought the reference to mirrors had to do with unexpected reflections. And that's what happens when you take a picture of a bathroom scale. It's not rocket science

Just don't understand your shock. 🤔

14 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I offered them to spend time at our house to escape the heat.  She said,  how about we send the kids over.....

This is what happens then.  Our crew is busy with a Lego building contest this afternoon. 

BD2DA223-FCEF-4D51-9D62-D517BB7549E9.thumb.jpeg.bfde522e88249e4d53216c779d34ba09.jpeg

We don’t fret the mess.  Sometimes it has to happen for fun play. 

• Like 9

34 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have missed out on all the paper plate talk.  It depends what we are eating.  We use them often.

We usually use regular plates when all the family is together.   What is nice is that almost every time the SILs cleans off the plates and gets the dishwasher filled up.

I actually re use paper plates. I've even rinsed them off before. Re use ziplock bags as well. 

How I afford my lavish lifestyle 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

There are so many ways to post, computer,phone (iPhone Android Google) and various tablets as well as posters with different levels of knowledge,familiarity and physical abilities that affect how people post. The only important thing is acceptance of each other's methods and willingness to listen respectfully to suggestions for improvements, 

As was just shown we can all keep on learning shortcuts and ways to simplify posting.

Peace,

Mary 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

18 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

Sorry to hear you had to cancel. Amelia & I were really looking forward to meeting You & Pauline.

I saw that patent drawing also. I believe it was issued around 1897.

13 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Wow I learned something new today!

Thank you both for your nice comments.

All of Pauline's work team  wanted the same dates and the name's were put in a hat and Pauline's name was not drawn.

Our flights on our rearranged dates are with a different airline and better timings.

I will be fully retired then and it was Pauline's birthday but we do have 6 cruises and a hotel holiday given the okay.

I was looking forward to meeting you both and other posters too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

That's how I always do when quoting just a portion of a post. Like now. 👍

Much easier on computer with mouse. I have a hard time on my phone with my fat, fumble fingers. 😁

Fat fingers here as well. Sometime I just give up. Deleting pictures from a quote can be tricky as well. Really a struggle when there is no space between pics

• Like 3

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Multi quoting isn't overly hard. But on a phone or tablet, splitting a post up to quote individual passages is a bit of a pain. Probably impossible for someone with dexterity issues

Not much fun to read, for me. 
They look like a bunch of disjointed conversations. 
I’m in favor of those that want to multi quote, go ahead an do it. 
Those that don’t, don’t. 

My preference is not have have anyone complaining about how others post. 

• Like 11

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Heat wave continues.   Storms expected tonight with cold front behind.

Our AC is now having issues.   It's running but hardly feel cool air coming out of the vents.   Late afternoon/early evening we went from a comfortable 72 to 81 f in the house.

Set up fans last night.

Called hvac guy this morning, waiting for call back.    Fingers crossed it is an easy fix.  

Good luck. We had to completely replace our unit. Had to wait a week so nights were horrible. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you so much.

Because of things out of our control unfortunately Pauline and I are not going on Bella's cruise and had to change to a different date.

I emailed John a few weeks ago to let him know.

Graham.

😪

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I hear ya.

Since there are a few others also offering helpful suggestions on how people should post,  I was going to chime in with a few of my own as well. Three times I wrote a few "helpful hints" but  before hitting the submit button, I read back what I wrote and seemed snobbish & unfriendly.  I thought I would appear rude lecturing someone how they should post . Plus, it's not my place to tell someone what and how they write. Everyone has their own personality and writing style and that's fine.

Really, the only rules needed are the CC rules which are: keeping it clean, no solicitation and no bullying or harassing of a poster no matter how subtle that may be (subtle being the key word). 

Usual disclaimers apply: IMHO and YMMV.  If anyone disagrees, that's fine. My feelings won't be hurt. Life is Good and posting/reading posts here is fun. 🙂

P.S. - none of this is directed at you personally. I was just using your 2 posts as a jumping off point for my rant.

H, I will add to the OMG, SMH, LBW, etc etc. OP means Original Poster NOT Owner Proprietor ! LOL AWAY! 😆 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I actually re use paper plates. I've even rinsed them off before. Re use ziplock bags as well. 

Do you think nobody does that ? I don’t like reality programs except for one Extreme Cheapskates.  I thought maybe some helpful hints to finance my not so lavish lifestyle. Well , there is a  disclaimer at the opening warning to not do this at home .  Crazy stuff that will make you gag . 

Edited by NHProud

5 hours ago, Keksie said:

I think they are all lovely!  

I keep my silver in silver cloth bags and it does not tarnish between uses.  

I keep mine in a Hagerty’s silvercloth chest. It’s all cloth, no wood. 
It never needs polishing. 
I have thrown it in the dishwasher for years. You’re not supposed to wash the knives in the dishwasher because it can soften the glue that holds the handle and blade together, but I’ve done it forever. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Do you think nobody does that ? I don’t like reality programs except for one Extreme Cheapskates.  I thought maybe some helpful hints to finance my not so lavish lifestyle. Well , there is a  disclaimer at the opening warning do not do this at home .  Crazy stuff that will make you gag . 

Typically, I watch pennies and not dollars

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Good tip for saving.   I thought about sharing a savings tip too but it sounded like there were some that didn't want to discuss TP topics. 🤔 

• Haha 10

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

I hope I am not oversharing😇but I also use Bounty paper towels (you can see in the pic I posted of the plates) instead of napkins.   WHEW I feel better not that I have totally outed myself

Select a Size for sandwich meals!

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

This is what happens then.  Our crew is busy with a Lego building contest this afternoon. 

BD2DA223-FCEF-4D51-9D62-D517BB7549E9.thumb.jpeg.bfde522e88249e4d53216c779d34ba09.jpeg

We don’t fret the mess.  Sometimes it has to happen for fun play. 

That looks like a lot of fun.   I have a grandson that loves Legos especially if it is Starwars Legos. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, cruisingpeople said:

Sounds like you are low on refrigerant. Providing there's not a major leak in the system, a simple recharge should do the trick.

Hvac guy came out and unit worked perfect while he was here for about 1/2 hr.  Of course!!   Freon levels were just fine.

He thinks when we had some electrical power failures this weekend in our neighborhood may have been the culprit,  The compressor motor just wasn't restarting or had delayed restart.

House was a cool 71 while he was here.   If it warms back up and I don't hear the hum of the compressor outside then I am to call him back and he will install a hard start kit.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

No market at all for china. I was told I'd be lucky to $100 per set

Replacements gave me more than I expected for my Spode Christmas set. 
So much depends on whether they have people looking for that pattern. 

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Yes, that's easy enough. My clarification was for taking a post, pulling out a couple of passages and answering them individually. 

Some folks are very adept at that skill 

But you kinda need a mouse to do that efficiently 

Yes, it is a pain to do that from a phone which is what I use most times I am CC.   

• Like 1