Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks I will check that out.

I realized I should have given you a little more info, and a size reference.

The ones we have are the Powercore II 10000.  We have had them for several years.

This is the size in comparison to my iPhone 12 Pro.  It is a little thicker than the case.  They are easy to carry in your pocket.  They do have newer, higher capacity ones out, but these have worked for us

A81AD322-B9B5-45C5-BBF0-4A9D32F94984.thumb.png.1cfdf2281f59a3580818ba506a859500.png

• Like 2

On 7/24/2022 at 2:15 PM, DaniDanielle said:

Thanks Dani, it is getting frustrating.  They have plenty of cabins but not for three.  They are pushing suites when we call!!

Is your daughter on a wait list ?   We were just wait listed for a cabin on a cruise to Greenland 13 months from now . The ship is sold out except for guarantee inside cabins.  No thanks ! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

in the last hour it got very dark, windy and heard thunder but did not rain and the sun is shining bright again.     I wish it would rain as we really need some.   

It has been very sunny here the past 2 hours and very muggy.When I was young I loved hot weather Now I prefer 70 degree weather.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Great news Lenny. 

Unfortunately,  I'll be taking a road trip later this week & will miss the game.  

I did attend several in person a few years ago. It's great fun to watch those guys out on the field, enjoying themselves & goofing around.  Makes for a long day though. 

In 2018 my friend Frank was invited to the game .I enjoy watching Old Timers games from all teams .This year I am looking forward to seeing Willie Randolph.He attended a HS very close to where I grew up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

CC has been wonky as I haven’t been able to use the buttons to react to several posts. I have thought of some responses though while I was held up from responding.

@Lionesss Your dishes are so pretty ! My favorites are those that belonged to your uncle and your wedding set.My favorite flower,besides hydrangeas,is lily of the valley. I also have a number of sets. My mother’s ,my wedding china,a fill in set from JCPenney that serves 16 and our everyday set. I gave another set of my mother’s away to a friend who admired it. She was reluctant to take it as it might have had sentimental value for me. Not really. My Mom bought it at Gimbel’s on sale and used it to extend her china set that only served 8. The dishes coordinated nicely. The friend has served us dinner on those Gimbel’s dishes. I was glad that someone would use them.

@Ozark_Kid The photo of the cucumber flower reminded me of a conversation my grandfather ,a farmer,would occasionally have with a neighboring farmer. The neighbor had immigrated as a young child from Germany and had retained his German accent. The neighbor would say , with his accent, to my grandfather,”So,John, what happens first, the flower or the cucumber?”. It was his version of the chicken or the egg conundrum. No right answer !

Lenny- We will probably watch the Yankee Old Timer’s Day. Kind of hard to realize that Derek Jeter is one of the old timers. Still miss Yogi though.

Wishing all here a good evening!

MJ🙋🏻

I was never a Yankee fan but the first game I ever went to was in Yankee Stadium in 1962.My childhood friend Frank Tepedino played for the Yankees in the 60’s.I rooted for him to do well.

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

CC has been wonky as I haven’t been able to use the buttons to react to several posts. I have thought of some responses though while I was held up from responding.

@Lionesss Your dishes are so pretty ! My favorites are those that belonged to your uncle and your wedding set.My favorite flower,besides hydrangeas,is lily of the valley. I also have a number of sets. My mother’s ,my wedding china,a fill in set from JCPenney that serves 16 and our everyday set. I gave another set of my mother’s away to a friend who admired it. She was reluctant to take it as it might have had sentimental value for me. Not really. My Mom bought it at Gimbel’s on sale and used it to extend her china set that only served 8. The dishes coordinated nicely. The friend has served us dinner on those Gimbel’s dishes. I was glad that someone would use them.

@Ozark_Kid The photo of the cucumber flower reminded me of a conversation my grandfather ,a farmer,would occasionally have with a neighboring farmer. The neighbor had immigrated as a young child from Germany and had retained his German accent. The neighbor would say , with his accent, to my grandfather,”So,John, what happens first, the flower or the cucumber?”. It was his version of the chicken or the egg conundrum. No right answer !

Lenny- We will probably watch the Yankee Old Timer’s Day. Kind of hard to realize that Derek Jeter is one of the old timers. Still miss Yogi though.

Wishing all here a good evening!

MJ🙋🏻

I grew up in Montclair, NJ where Yogi lived and often helped out as a "hostess helper" at their parties.  It was so fun!  Also, his son Dale, was a couple of years ahead of me in HS but he dated my best friend's sister.  He was definitely a BMOC 😆.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

I grew up in Montclair, NJ where Yogi lived and often helped out as a "hostess helper" at their parties.  It was so fun!  Also, his son Dale, was a couple of years ahead of me in HS but he dated my best friend's sister.  He was definitely a BMOC 😆.

Have you ever been to the Yogi Berra Museum in NJ ?

23 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

@grapau27I am bummed to hear that you and Pauline won't be joining us on the Bella cruise.  I would have loved to have met you both.

@Ocean BoyWelcome back!  

@grapau27  I am so bummed too!  I was looking forward to meeting you both, but totally understand!  Maybe when your Pauline is retired and my DH is retired we can plan on meeting then 😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

Everyone loved Yogi , he was a amazing athlete and man ,read a couple of books on him . Been a Yankee fan my entire life and have a signed Mickey Mantle baseball and plaque. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

That's funny, when I read the comment about mirrors I thought it meant that some people around here that like to call others out should go and take a good long look in one.

Good to see you back.  

Well we had  two or three rumbles of thunder but not a drop of rain.  The sky looks clear now.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Have you ever been to the Yogi Berra Museum in NJ ?

I actually have not.  Mainly because I haven't lived there since 1985 and my parents moved in 1990.  But, one of my HS friends is the director there and she often posts information about it on FB.  I was back in October of 2019 for my 40th HS reunion but didn't have time for that.  Maybe one day Lenny! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Good to see you back.  

Well we had  two or three rumbles of thunder but not a drop of rain.  The sky looks clear now.  

A little rain here for a few minutes around 3PM. No thunder. Once again the weatherman had it wrong. All the warnings about possible power outages...

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Is your daughter on a wait list ?   We were just wait listed for a cabin on a cruise to Greenland 13 months from now . The ship is sold out except for guarantee inside cabins.  No thanks ! 

When I called they said there was no waitlist.  So, we keep checking🥴

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I may have inadvertently placed myself in the old boys club.  My bad. Thought the exchange was tongue-in-cheek.

So did I!  Perfect example of someone misunderstanding a comment.  What is an old boys club?  I''m female so I guess I can't join.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

A little rain here for a few minutes around 3PM. No thunder. Once again the weatherman had it wrong. All the warnings about possible power outages...

This weatherman🤔

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

I actually have not.  Mainly because I haven't lived there since 1985 and my parents moved in 1990.  But, one of my HS friends is the director there and she often posts information about it on FB.  I was back in October of 2019 for my 40th HS reunion but didn't have time for that.  Maybe one day Lenny! 

One of the Board members of the museum is a lawyer .His firm represented a company that I worked for .I never got to go there either.

28 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Same here (almost)  we had a bunch of warnings for extreme weather and never got any rain just a couple minutes of dark skies, windy and heard a little thunder.

I want their job.😇

BD Med tonight😀