Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

30 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

So you have a 10% chance of not getting it.

You mean of not being approved at all, or just not getting it on a certain flight?

Anyone can get the random "secondary screening" at any time, but it's definitely not 10% of the Precheck population, or you'd see every tenth person in the Precheck line getting pulled aside.  

11 hours ago, NHProud said:

Do you think nobody does that ? I don’t like reality programs except for one Extreme Cheapskates.  I thought maybe some helpful hints to finance my not so lavish lifestyle. Well , there is a  disclaimer at the opening warning to not do this at home .  Crazy stuff that will make you gag . 

I have never heard of this show so I googled it. That Kate lady is a piece of work. She is a CPA, her house is paid off and she has been eating dumpster food for the last 2 years! Also won’t use TP along with her other crazy stuff. You would think she is homeless. So weird.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Here in southeastern PA, In the last week we had a high of 104 one day others have been 98 or 100f, humidity too!   Very muggy today with storms to arrive this evening.

Stay cool😃

Yikes, that’s worse than down here. Stay cool.

12 hours ago, Sea Viewer said:

There are so many ways to post, computer,phone (iPhone Android Google) and various tablets as well as posters with different levels of knowledge,familiarity and physical abilities that affect how people post. The only important thing is acceptance of each other's methods and willingness to listen respectfully to suggestions for improvements, 

As was just shown we can all keep on learning shortcuts and ways to simplify posting.

Peace,

Mary 

I guess some people don’t like improvements.

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

That's funny, when I read the comment about mirrors I thought it meant that some people around here that like to call others out should go and take a good long look in one.

I thought that it meant that you could see the reflection upward of the person on the scale. 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I have never heard of this show so I googled it. That Kate lady is a piece of work. She is a CPA, her house is paid off and she has been eating dumpster food for the last 2 years! Also won’t use TP along with her other crazy stuff. You would think she is homeless. So weird.

Can you imagine the "swamp butt" situation in this extreme heat???

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I can save it

Aren’t you afraid of bacteria growth?

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Got home around 730 and AC doing its job.  All cool here and a nice sunset too16587958511391901317006451427705.thumb.jpg.7f1783ff1bfeaf6cdf047c4c24b7a650.jpg

Beautiful colors.

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

This bosun isn't going to make it.

She is so lazy. Sandy should have gotten her out of bed early and made her work even if she was hung over. That’s her own dumb fault.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I'm pretty sure the object of rugby is too send as many opposing team members to the hospital as possible.  Lol

Mike played for Syracuse and he has the scars to prove it. 🫣

19 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Can you imagine the "swamp butt" situation in this extreme heat???

Yuck! You should watch the crazy stuff she does to save a penny. Kate in NY. Another couple would use the same toothbrush and use each other’s dental floss to save money. I have heard of penny pinching, but that’s just crazy. 😳 Sometimes I wonder if all that stuff is true. There is no way I would go on tv and say such things if I didn’t do then for any amount of money. 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, cruisingpeople said:

Sorry to hear you had to cancel. Amelia & I were really looking forward to meeting You & Pauline.

I saw that patent drawing also. I believe it was issued around 1897.

15 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm sorry you will not be able to join us. I was really looking forward to meeting you.

14 hours ago, Arzeena said:

😪

12 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thanks ,Graham.I always appreciate your words and those you convey from your dear wife Pauline.

12 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Graham, I’m very sorry we won’t have the opportunity to meet you and Pauline on the Bella cruise.  Maybe another time🤞.

12 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Sorry to hear about Paulines co-worker.

11 hours ago, cruisingpeople said:

Sorry to hear about Pauline's team mate.

Marietta, I believe your storm is heading our way. I mowed the lawn yesterday before the brutal heat and humidity showed up, so it can rain all it wants now.🤣😂 

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry to hear of the troubles at her work and the loss of Pauline's team mate.   May they RIP🙏

10 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Graham, sorry to hear that you both can not make it but fully understand the reality of the situation. I’m more sorry to read about Pauline’s co-worker that passed away. ❤️

9 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@grapau27I am bummed to hear that you and Pauline won't be joining us on the Bella cruise.  I would have loved to have met you both.

@Ocean BoyWelcome back!  

8 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

@grapau27  I am so bummed too!  I was looking forward to meeting you both, but totally understand!  Maybe when your Pauline is retired and my DH is retired we can plan on meeting then 😀

Thank you Friends for all your nice comments.

I am sad I will not meet you on Bella's cruise but we are going to be in the US twice next year on Oasis and in Orlando and hopefully you have all seen enough of Pauline and my faces so please if you see us probably in a shop or Longhorns please say hello and we can have a chat.

Kindest regards.

Graham.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I have moved on and will not continue to be his target, so please just let it go.  Thanks. 🙂 

That is the same attitude I decided to take about being a target.

Mamma Cass Elliot once sang... you gotta make your own kind of music, sing your own special song even if no one else sings along. That is pretty much my attitude. If you don't like my song then change the station.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Yikes, that’s worse than down here. Stay cool.

I guess some people don’t like improvements.

I thought that it meant that you could see the reflection upward of the person on the scale. 😆

You and John.😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've had TSA Pre-check for a while and we recently got Global Entry.  I've been through a few small airports recently where pre-check either doesn't exist or they give you a laminated piece of paper and go through the same line as everyone else, getting to keep your shoes on.  Can't wait to take advantage of the "global" part of Global Entry.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

thought that it meant that you could see the reflection upward of the person on the scale. 😆

Seemed fairly obvious 😏 

Shame we never heard what OP meant as mirror if not that

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

You mean of not being approved at all, or just not getting it on a certain flight?

Anyone can get the random "secondary screening" at any time, but it's definitely not 10% of the Precheck population, or you'd see every tenth person in the Precheck line getting pulled aside.  

Thank you for identifying a questionable comment.

It could happen on ONE individual flight. 

You will not attain the official TSA pre-check if you had   certain issues with the police (as identified with your profile that they have access to). 

Like Santa, they know if ".....You've been Good or Bad...."

Totally random, but she went on to explain that 10% of all flights, not just your history of flying affects your chance.

I guess I would have a better chance of winning the lottery, than not getting TSA pre check on your airline ticket.

OK

I'm playing that big lottery.

Anyone want to chip in???

(LOL) I never play that one.

The odds of winning are unthinkable.

I would rather do scratch offs.  (and the last 3 weeks of my $20 donation have been winless).

Take care

• Like 4

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I am sad I will not meet you on Bella's cruise but we are going to be in the US twice next year on Oasis and in Orlando and hopefully you have all seen enough of Pauline and my faces so please if you see us probably in a shop or Longhorns please say hello and we can have a chat.

Kindest regards.

Graham.

I am perpetually in Orlando.

When will you be on the Oasis?

• Like 2

100+ temps continue here, except for Sat and Sun. when we have a break of 99 degree temps. 😏.  Then on Monday back up to 100+ until Aug. 9 which is the last date the weather info is posted.  One saving grace is low humidity.

Yesterday, we spent 2 hours in At Home, a great home decor store.  We needed a few knick knacks, couch pillows, wall art among other stuff.  Great store but a challenge for both of us with me in a wheelchair and having to drag a shopping cart with us.

PT yesterday was grueling and my left foot/ankle was greatly manipulated.  Unfortunately, I had to turn to my happy pills when I got home.  I forgot to take one or at least tylenol before my appointment.  I will NOT make that mistake again.

• Like 13

11 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Congratulations.

We did ours a few years back at our *** travel club.

We had to  make an appointment on line and they came to the travel club site.

It was an interesting experience and one thing the representative told us is that it is not uncommon that

on occasion you could be selected to not attain the TSA Pre check during your for lack of a better word membership period. Even thought you qualified. 

I go, your kidding..............right?  She goes, no, randomly selected.

So you have a 10% chance of not getting it.

We have had it almost 3 years and will be going for Global, once we can coordinate an appointment.

So far so good we have not made the 10% club.

Take care

Interesting. Thanks for clarifying in the the followup question. I'm not surprised they do that. I'm hoping that for most of the time it's smooth sailing for me through security at airports.

38 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

PT yesterday was grueling and my left foot/ankle was greatly manipulated.  Unfortunately, I had to turn to my happy pills when I got home.  I forgot to take one or at least tylenol before my appointment.  I will NOT make that mistake again.

Been there and done that. I said to myself also I won't make that mistake again. I hope you are feeling better. It's a slow process. For some reason my surgical knee has been more sore lately. I think it's just the ups and downs of the healing process.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I don’t Sandy will keep that Bosun much longer.  Maybe she is trying to get Malia back!

No idea why Sandy hired this woman in the first place. The little chat they had in the wheel house portrayed the bosun as quite inexperienced with super yachts.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Kindest regards.

Graham.

Are you booked on Oasis prior to the Bella cruise?  Jim and I will be on Oasis for the first of our B2B on March 5th, then will get to meet everyone on the 12th.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

100+ temps continue here, except for Sat and Sun. when we have a break of 99 degree temps. 😏

PT has to be slow but steady, Bonnie!  I'm halfway through my appts and my neck and upper back feel stronger.  I'm hoping the feelings in my lower back and legs could go away.  

How are your daughter and SIL feeling?  Are the kids still negative?

• Like 4