Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

27 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

So did I!  Perfect example of someone misunderstanding a comment.  What is an old boys club?  I''m female so I guess I can't join.

Just kidding. It's 2022 & every He Man Woman Haters Club needs equal representation. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

So did I!  Perfect example of someone misunderstanding a comment.  What is an old boys club?  I''m female so I guess I can't join.

I have moved on and will not continue to be his target, so please just let it go.  Thanks. 🙂 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Just got approved for my TSA Precheck. That will make things a little easier at the airport. How many of you have it and do you like it?

Yes it’s nice , problem is so many people now have it , line is not that short , nice not having to take off your shoes . 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Just got approved for my TSA Precheck. That will make things a little easier at the airport. How many of you have it and do you like it?

I adore it.  I just do Global Entry these days and that includes TSA Precheck.  

The lines are USUALLY shorter, and definitely go much faster for a variety of reasons:

No need to remove shoes.
No need to remove laptop from bag.
No need to remove LIGHT jacket.
No need to remove baggie of liquids.  

Plus, most people who have Precheck are relatively frequent travelers, so they're much more likely to have removed everything from their person that might set off the detectors.  I've seen people have to go through multiple times because they still had their wallet, keys, cell phone, watch, etc., on them, instead of placing them all in the doggie dish to go through the X-ray machine.  

Many frequent flyers have already put ALL of that into their carry-on bag before they even get to the conveyor belt, whereas the "unwashed masses" 😉 always seem to have a bottleneck there while they go through every pocket individually, emptying out everything, trying to figure out if they need a tub or if they can put their bag directly on the conveyor without a tub, do they need a doggie dish or can they put their little stuff in the tub with their jacket.... so many bewildering decisions!  By the time the seldom-flyers finally get through the metal detector successfully, the frequent flyers are already at the front of the Starbucks line!

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Make sure you keep a copy of your tsa pre check doc, most of the times airlines will have info sometimes they don’t , if they don’t and you can give them your info you will get the pre check on your boarding pass. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I've watched cricket dozens of times on the ship, and am absolutely clueless. 

I do like the pictures of girls in cricket gear though😉

We went to a local rugby game. 
if you think cricket is confusing, try rugby!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We have Global Entry. It didn't cost much more and includes TSA Pre-check. :classic_smile: Of course, we haven't taken advantage of it the last few years. But Pre-check is nice. 

Except you are such an early bird airport person. I'm not sure you really need it. :classic_tongue:

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I adore it.  I just do Global Entry these days and that includes TSA Precheck.  

The lines are USUALLY shorter, and definitely go much faster for a variety of reasons:

No need to remove shoes.
No need to remove laptop from bag.
No need to remove LIGHT jacket.
No need to remove baggie of liquids.  

Plus, most people who have Precheck are relatively frequent travelers, so they're much more likely to have removed everything from their person that might set off the detectors.  I've seen people have to go through multiple times because they still had their wallet, keys, cell phone, watch, etc., on them, instead of placing them all in the doggie dish to go through the X-ray machine.  

Many frequent flyers have already put ALL of that into their carry-on bag before they even get to the conveyor belt, whereas the "unwashed masses" 😉 always seem to have a bottleneck there while they go through every pocket individually, emptying out everything, trying to figure out if they need a tub or if they can put their bag directly on the conveyor without a tub, do they need a doggie dish or can they put their little stuff in the tub with their jacket.... so many bewildering decisions!  By the time the seldom-flyers finally get through the metal detector successfully, the frequent flyers are already at the front of the Starbucks line!

11 minutes ago, George C said:

Make sure you keep a copy of your tsa pre check doc, most of the times airlines will have info sometimes they don’t , if they don’t and you can give them your info you will get the pre check on your boarding pass. 

7 minutes ago, Coralc said:

We have Global Entry. It didn't cost much more and includes TSA Pre-check. :classic_smile: Of course, we haven't taken advantage of it the last few years. But Pre-check is nice. 

Except you are such an early bird airport person. I'm not sure you really need it. :classic_tongue:

Thanks everyone for your input. And yes I’m “that guy” who gets to the airport 3 hours before a flight.

• Like 10

35 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

We went to a local rugby game. 
if you think cricket is confusing, try rugby!

I'm pretty sure the object of rugby is too send as many opposing team members to the hospital as possible.  Lol

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I'm pretty sure the object of rugby is too send as many opposing team members to the hospital as possible.  Lol

My gal friend and I met a couple of Rugby players at a concert many, many years ago. They convinced us to drive over to San Francisco and watch them play the following day. 

The guys were kind of a bust, but as I recall, the players spent a lot of time in a circle (called a scrum) and kicking each other in the shins. :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

My husband had PSA Precheck and then Global Entry . They would let me through with him .  We are so old we don’t have to remove shoes , etc.  The biggest perk was buying into the airline private lounge ..  

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, NHProud said:

My husband had PSA Precheck and then Global Entry . They would let me through with him .  We are so old we don’t have to remove shoes , etc.  The biggest perk was buying into the airline private lounge ..  

I'm wondering if @Ocean Boy got as much of a chuckle out of your typo as I did?

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Congratulations.

We did ours a few years back at our *** travel club.

We had to  make an appointment on line and they came to the travel club site.

It was an interesting experience and one thing the representative told us is that it is not uncommon that

on occasion you could be selected to not attain the TSA Pre check during your for lack of a better word membership period. Even thought you qualified. 

I go, your kidding..............right?  She goes, no, randomly selected.

So you have a 10% chance of not getting it.

We have had it almost 3 years and will be going for Global, once we can coordinate an appointment.

So far so good we have not made the 10% club.

Take care

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Glad it worked out for you.   We got ours last year.  For some reason Sharon was approved 2 days after the interview but mine took at least 3 weeks.  We like it.  Most places it is a nice quick process.   For some reason it was messed up in Miami but not real bad.  I bet you will be glad you did it.

• Like 2