Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

We will eat at Wonderland for the first time on Symphony this September. Looking forward to it as we have the UDP. My review will be on the UDP so I hope they do a good job for us.

We have done Wonderland a couple of times and it was a great experience when you don't know what is going to happen.

I'm sure you will enjoy it Greg but it is not like Chops Grill or Giovanni's where you would want to go every night.

Graham.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes I think I will love it Linda maybe not. Sure is not an adventurous eater. She said she is up for the challenge but she doesn't eat seafood so I will have to check about what she can eat.

If you have the app you can view Wonderland menu options.   There is a chicken, pork and beef short ribs option.   Eric really enjoyed their Wonton soup and the short ribs.  The forbidden apple desert is also delicious along with the World.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, George C said:

My niece and her family totally loved Wonderland on very recent symphony cruise , it was there first cruise for most of them. We will try it November 2023 on harmony, haven’t yet sailed on a ship that offered that  . 

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

The only negative MIGHT be whoever is playing the Mad Hatter role.  The guy that we had was even more over the top than Johnny Depp.  Mostly entertaining, but also a little creepy.

We did Wonderland on Symphony last October and again on Harmony last January. We liked them both times but the Mad Hatter was not available on Harmony.   We enjoyed the Mad Hatter.   A lot of fun and yes a little creepy.   I loved the view we had on Harmony. 

Before the whole experience begins your waiter ask your preferences and what you don't like and then plans around that.  It has been a 2 and done for us but we will probably do it again sometime. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, George C said:

Looking forward to your review on UDP , I doubt I will sail rccl without it , loved it on allure.

We are trying the UDP for the 1st time this October on Allure.   I may of already asked before but did you try the Samba Grill?   

4 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are trying the UDP for the 1st time this October on Allure.   I may of already asked before but did you try the Samba Grill?   

I don’t recall hearing about that one, we did chops a few times , hibachi a couple times , Giovanni’s a couple times and 150cP., also Izumi. 
we loved the 40 percent off wine bottles under a hundred which is included with UDP , Giovanni’s had the best wine list.

Edited by George C
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

We have done Wonderland a couple of times and it was a great experience when you don't know what is going to happen.

I'm sure you will enjoy it Greg but it is not like Chops Grill or Giovanni's where you would want to go every night.

Graham.

Yes Graham I think Wonderland is more of novelty. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts without changing out menu items. Most people I've talked to seem like it's something you need to experience once.

59 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If you have the app you can view Wonderland menu options.   There is a chicken, pork and beef short ribs option.   Eric really enjoyed their Wonton soup and the short ribs.  The forbidden apple desert is also delicious along with the World.

I had Linda look at the menu and she said there was things on there that she would like. I'll like everything. We've had the World before as dessert at the Chef's table and we are hooked. It's by far our favorite dessert of all time.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Since you're probably familiar with the area, New City Pizza and Rocco's also in New City are the best for pizza IMHO.  Food, of course, is subjective but I can't see Sorrento's on a cruise ship ever coming close in texture and taste.

New City Pizza has been around since the beginning of time.  Back when I was a mere child, my parents would go food shopping on Friday night at the Grand Union where the DeCicco's is now. Always got New City pizza after shopping as Mom was not going to make dinner that night. Pretty sure  it's changed owners a few times but kept the name & taste.

I've been to Rocco's a few times and it never disappointed me. Although I will admit, I've pretty low standards when it comes to pizza.  The one pizza place I never liked was Nicky's in Congers & Suffern. It was good  but it consistently gave me heartburn afterwards.  Dessert was always Tums or Rolaids afterwards.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My 2 favorite Italian restaurants of all time are Rao’s in Manhattan and Buon Amici in White Plains.

I've been to Buon Amici several times and always had excellent food & service. A friend of mine who has very high standards and is very selective about where he eats (i.e. extremely picky) says Buon Amici is one of his favorites as is Parkside in Corona, Queens

• Like 1

4 hours ago, George C said:

I haven’t been there yet but planning to in October when Yankees visit. By the way a bobcat just walked by our living room window, haven’t seen one recently.

It was fun! It was nice being in the A/C. 

We have seen bobcats on our street, but so far not in our yard. I know that’s pretty common from the vids and pics people post on Nextdoor.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I've been to Buon Amici several times and always had excellent food & service. A friend of mine who has very high standards and is very selective about where he eats (i.e. extremely picky) says Buon Amici is one of his favorites as is Parkside in Corona, Queens

There is a good pizza restaurant in St Thomas called Amici and a friend had a great Italian restaurant in Dallas suburb called Amicis, amici is friend in Italian. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, George C said:

There is a good pizza restaurant in St Thomas called Amici and a friend had a great Italian restaurant in Dallas suburb called Amicis, amici is friend in Italian. 

Technically, amici is plural... friends.

• Like 1

When our sixteen year old grand niece was visiting from Hawaii,we decided on pizza one night for dinner. We have two very good pizza places nearby. She insisted on frozen DiGiorno (sp?) from the grocery store. She was pleased we served that for dinner- us not so much. Just sayin’🙄

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, George C said:

We watched a pretty good new  movie yesterday on Netflix “13 lives” about soccer team stuck in caves from about 5 years ago. 

It was good, wasn't it? :classic_biggrin: It is a Ron Howard film, and very well done. It is also available on Amazon Prime Video. Colin Farrell actually played a normal person. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:
5 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I don’t blame you. That and head cheese. 🤮🤮🤮🤮

That just sounds gross no matter how it tastes.

Back in my high school & college days, I worked in several deli's and would hate it when a customer ordered head cheese. Nasty to hold & slice and even nastier to clean the slicer afterwards. Fortunately, not to many people ordered it. I did taste it once.  **** warning to those with a weak stomach, don't read ahead  **** 

Think of slimy jello with chucks of indeterminate meat inside.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

New City Pizza has been around since the beginning of time.  Back when I was a mere child, my parents would go food shopping on Friday night at the Grand Union where the DeCicco's is now. Always got New City pizza after shopping as Mom was not going to make dinner that night. Pretty sure  it's changed owners a few times but kept the name & taste.

I've been to Rocco's a few times and it never disappointed me. Although I will admit, I've pretty low standards when it comes to pizza.  The one pizza place I never liked was Nicky's in Congers & Suffern. It was good  but it consistently gave me heartburn afterwards.  Dessert was always Tums or Rolaids afterwards.

New City Pizza does set the bar high.  Last time we were there was 19 years ago just before we moved to TX.  I just googled and was glad to see it's still there!  The only place I think I ate in Suffern was the big diner on the corner of 59 and Airmont Rd., now closed.  We loved going to Pasta Cucina on Little Tor Rd.  Never disappointed.  Our all time favorite diner was The Park Ridge Diner.  Nothing fancy but huge, fresh dishes.

29 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Look who found Finnley!

image.thumb.png.d3d26e9a6511ed0b1265e4ebf57dd518.png

image.thumb.png.58198357bea2d3644e4a824b4ffe1ff9.png

Oh that smile!!  Love these girls!

• Like 6