Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Wow what a story Maryann. Yes I have some obsessive compulsion tendencies that when I do something it’s all out. I need to remember how old I am. Thanks for sharing your story and I’m glad you weren’t seriously hurt.

Thank you, Greg.  I really was concerned about you after reading your post...it just reminded me of my experience... Everything in moderation 😉

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Greg.  I really was concerned about you after reading your post...it just reminded me of my experience... Everything in moderation 😉

Yes I’ve learned my lesson no need to lose it all day in 6 months. And water, water, water.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Did I see Sun Dried Tomatoes on one of those pies?

Not on this one although I like sun-dried tomato on pizza.  This one I chopped up a bell pepper before covering it with cheese.  On top is cooked fajita meat, peppers and onions. 

• Like 2

Today, DH and I did a bushwalk from Cowan, which is one of the Northern suburbs of Sydney.  We did the Jerusalem Bay Track which is a pretty walk 2.4km down to Jerusalem Bay.  It’s a great walk to do after rain as it follows Cowan creek all the way down so you hear the water and little waterfalls as you walk.76F3261D-57A2-4C15-82CB-2B1520C30EA4.thumb.jpeg.b400c6b3ca42ca99c2e44cb1ad645075.jpeg

030816E4-8092-43E7-B729-CC701816F273.thumb.jpeg.6c83831a710194a093e6689ca5c6f812.jpeg

E13E2620-52D9-4792-B6DD-6C57751F94E9.thumb.jpeg.257000fbdf2c177521f5e0e372ffe4d7.jpeg

9F9EAA42-181B-4420-A0D8-14EF4279AEFA.thumb.jpeg.82c7174694b625ac74752bf53449c43a.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Finally upgraded my phone after 5 years. Actually wasn't even planned to upgrade for another year or so but since Verizon was willing to give me $800 credit for my old Samsung phone that's only worth $79 on Gazelle, I jumped on the upgrade train.

I must be getting old as I'm more frustrated on why things changed in the past 5 year more than embrace the "new and improved" like my kids would on their new phones.  Kept running into the "they don't have this in the current version" on how I wanted to set up the phone. 

Spent today looking at various YouTube videos on tips and tricks on how to use some of the new features of the phone.  I'm still old school in thinking they should provide written owners manual instruction inside the box on how to use some of the features...

20220831_190052.thumb.jpg.59fda55245dfde86c6ed51b6bda54b1b.jpg

Anyway, as I started the new installment of the Cheapo Dad trip report last week on the Princess board, we had an interesting conversation packing underwear over there such that I'm curious what this forum had to say.  The question is are you an over packer or under packer of underwear/socks on a cruise? 

For example, for a 7 night cruise, do you pack 8 pairs of underwear "just in case" you need an extra pair such that you are a +1 packer?  Or do you "double up" on a night as to pack light and be a -1 packer?

It seems the ladies that replied have said they are all + packers but their slob of husbands are minus packers in using underwear for more than one day. One husband is supposed to have worn his underwear for multiple days (although the claim was never confirmed by the spouse).

So just checking if it's really true men are mostly negative packers as claimed by their spouses? Any -5 packers here?

• Haha 10

On 8/31/2022 at 11:51 PM, George C said:

My Siamese was able to leap to top of the refrigerator he was the original Joebob, current Joebob is a ragdoll and he is lucky to jump about 2 feet . 

OMG!!  This brought back a memory from a long time ago.  We had a Siamese and she did the same.  Unfortunately for me, I had set the lemon meringue pie I had made up there. What a mess!!

I’m playing catch up from Denmark.  Arrived here 9/1 for today’s TA cruise on Voyager to Boston via Iceland and Greenland.  The weather here has been great.  A cloudy day yesterday, with some showers, but mostly clear skies and sunshine.  

Edited by taznremmy
  • Like 6

On 9/1/2022 at 12:46 PM, dani negreanu said:

Big Brother??😉

@Lionesss, agree, weird clause....

.... and, speaking of new beginnings, very emotional day for us too -- eldest grandson's first day at school 😍

image.thumb.jpeg.895881d2a33abcd52b646541276a3516.jpeg

Dani, he’s going to be a ‘ heartbreaker’ if he isn’t already.  Good looking young man.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/1/2022 at 8:09 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

I went to next cruise desk and booked the 12 night repo cruise on Serenade for Sept 12th Tampa to Boston.

Really like that itinerary, and love that ship.  Great prices for that sailing too!

Yippee,  good news. Really looking forward to meeting you and Eric after a two years of chatting. It is a great itinerary, last time we were in the States was Jan 2019 when we did the ABCs on Jewel. Nice to finish in Boston too 👍 

• Like 2

On 9/2/2022 at 3:37 AM, aussielozzie18 said:

@sgmn Hi Sue, hope all is ok with you and your family.  I know you were looking forward to the arrival of your newest Grandchild.

Thank you 😊 

It's all good now but was a bit traumatic. Baba was born on his due date, text book delivery, all going well until the last few minutes when he ingested some meconium into his stomach and lungs. So was floppy and not crying. Crash button was pushed and baba was whisked away for a few hours which was of course extremely scarey for them . 

He was on oxygen for 24 hours and antibiotics, but late last night they were told he can go home. 

We've had a couple of visits in hospital and got to cuddle him , very precious and perfect 🥰 

Hope to post some pics in a day or so

• Like 20

6 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

Finally upgraded my phone after 5 years. Actually wasn't even planned to upgrade for another year or so but since Verizon was willing to give me $800 credit for my old Samsung phone that's only worth $79 on Gazelle, I jumped on the upgrade train.

I must be getting old as I'm more frustrated on why things changed in the past 5 year more than embrace the "new and improved" like my kids would on their new phones.  Kept running into the "they don't have this in the current version" on how I wanted to set up the phone. 

Spent today looking at various YouTube videos on tips and tricks on how to use some of the new features of the phone.  I'm still old school in thinking they should provide written owners manual instruction inside the box on how to use some of the features...

20220831_190052.thumb.jpg.59fda55245dfde86c6ed51b6bda54b1b.jpg

Anyway, as I started the new installment of the Cheapo Dad trip report last week on the Princess board, we had an interesting conversation packing underwear over there such that I'm curious what this forum had to say.  The question is are you an over packer or under packer of underwear/socks on a cruise? 

For example, for a 7 night cruise, do you pack 8 pairs of underwear "just in case" you need an extra pair such that you are a +1 packer?  Or do you "double up" on a night as to pack light and be a -1 packer?

It seems the ladies that replied have said they are all + packers but their slob of husbands are minus packers in using underwear for more than one day. One husband is supposed to have worn his underwear for multiple days (although the claim was never confirmed by the spouse).

So just checking if it's really true men are mostly negative packers as claimed by their spouses? Any -5 packers here?

We all were definitely plus packers, really, how much room does it save.  Now if I could only get Vikki into the "-'s" on her shoes......

That being said, now that we are D_+ we may start thinking out cutting back and making use of the free bag of laundry

• Like 6

18 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Oh, those pizzas... Did I mention I like pizzas? 🤪

But, since I've gained 2 kilos in our Cyprus vacation, I'm back to cottage cheese 😢

You're so slim Dani you don't need to worry.  Weight gained on holiday usually comes off pretty quickly 

• Thanks 1