Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Let me add my condolences to our friends in the UK on the passing of your Queen.  She was truly a remarkable lady.

Sorry I am late with this, but I am just now getting caught up on the news and this thread.   More on my day later. 

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

My thoughts will be of her when she starts her treatments again. I am hoping that things will get better. Thank you for the update. Let her know we are thinking of her.

21 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

+ 1, @h20skibum Mark, every word 😘

20 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

+2 You are in my prayers.  

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Positive thoughts and prayers a full recovery for your Daughter.   

It is difficult to watch a loved one go thru the process.  I'm sure she is very happy and comforted to have such wonderful parents be there for whatever she needs 💕 stay strong and positive and everyone will get through this.🥰

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers.  It will not be a short journey.  Every two weeks for the next six weeks, then every week until Mid January, then surgery.  They say side effects will get progressively worse.  And after yesterday, things may have just become more complicated.  More on that later.

• Like 15

7 hours ago, Coralc said:

Oh Mimi. We're glad you're back. Fear of heights and an outdoor elevator are a horrible combination. 😬

Frightening experience x 2😟

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

So sorry Mimi that you've had such a bad few days. I hope the dreaded covid continues not to be serious. 

Sending you positive thoughts 

Sue

I sure hope that you and Dick recover quickly, dear Mimi.💖

• Like 3

8 hours ago, George C said:

Started day good found our my brain tumor is still the same small size as it was two years ago. Also our favorite football team Buffalo Bills had a great win against the defending super bowl winner .

But super down my mom is in the hospital for last few days and sick to return to her apartment since she will need around the clock care , she is 96 and had no pain before recent problems, I doubt she will be around much longer , luckily my sister and her family are there . She will be extremely unhappy with nursing home or hospice which she will need . 

George, I am so sorry to hear that your Mom is not well and is in the hospital.  96 year old!  God Bless her.  I hope she starts to feel better 

Great news about your brain tumor!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I absolutely agree.

We were fortunate to say hello and get a smile back from Her majesty at a Royal Garden Party we were invited to in 2015.

What an honor, Graham!!!!!  You and Pauline must cherish this awesome memory.🥰

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, George C said:

Started day good found our my brain tumor is still the same small size as it was two years ago. Also our favorite football team Buffalo Bills had a great win against the defending super bowl winner .

But super down my mom is in the hospital for last few days and sick to return to her apartment since she will need around the clock care , she is 96 and had no pain before recent problems, I doubt she will be around much longer , luckily my sister and her family are there . She will be extremely unhappy with nursing home or hospice which she will need . 

I am so sorry to hear about your mom.  Happy for you that your tumor is the same and your team won.  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers.  It will not be a short journey.  Every two weeks for the next six weeks, then every week until Mid January, then surgery.  They say side effects will get progressively worse.  And after yesterday, things may have just become more complicated.  More on that later.

((Hugs)) Mark, please know that we are all here for you and are praying for your dear daughter as she and your entire family  go through this journey together.💞

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Thinking of you and your daughter as you go down this very tough path.  Sorry to hear things have gotten more difficult. I hope this group is a source of online support for you during this time.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Such a variety of landscapes.34306B11-CE6E-4089-88B0-88E79007CF5B.thumb.jpeg.60e2b7afcce3e9fd68ac425e083a742d.jpeg

1A0B28A1-30EE-498F-87CC-6DBF0AECD0E2.thumb.jpeg.f9c3dd4039490b23acd1728e7d2850ec.jpeg

Beautiful photos.  Thanks for sharing.  My DD spent a wonderful week in Iceland.  They were there in Feb though, it was cold & wet, certainly didn’t see the beautiful green in your other photo although waking up to heavy snow that had fallen overnight was pretty magical for two Aussie girls.

• Like 2

On 9/6/2022 at 11:14 AM, Sea Dog said:

Maybe you get a mural for your wall?

A8FCC93B-8896-4632-87ED-7746F22F0F1F.jpeg.1bcf0dabd7aa4b2c869ad4e643626d77.jpeg

Or one for your bedroom floor?

BA00960E-35DA-43B2-86F4-93466535B912.thumb.jpeg.e5b946560f9452fe3cd7a6a06917e844.jpeg

Love the Dolphin one.

When we were kids, my brother and I had wall murals in our bedrooms.  Mine was a North American autumn setting.  My brother had palm trees on a tropical island.  Mine is long gone but my brother’s has stood the test of time.  I think instead of his childhood desk, a home bar would look good in front of it (sorry for the wonky photo angle).54075922-3598-4602-9B0D-C163025F14EE.thumb.jpeg.1d81ad863c7367052d60729eaffa28b9.jpeg

• Like 10

@George C

I am so happy for the results of your scan, that the brain tumor is behaving, and not growing.

I cannot believe they waited that many days to inform you.  It must have been hard waiting, but worth the wait.

Sorry with  the news about your mom.

Those times are so hard when we see our parents age, at least you are able to be there for her.

I remember those days all to well, I would just sit at the bedside and listen when they talked and when they were quiet I just reminisced about our lives growing up. 

At times I do not know if they knew I was talking, (Yup I have the gift of not shutting up), but if it did not comfort them, it did a world of good for me.

Take care

• Like 8

9 hours ago, George C said:

George I am so sorry about your Mom. It’s hard realizing they are at the end and need constant care. Linda’s mom went through the same thing. We hated the fact that she had to be in a nursing home. But she made the best out of it. Sounds like she has lived a good long life. 

10 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Perfect!!  Just need Seadog’s cocktails 

Ha love this. I can envision a couple of Kraken Colada’s sitting on the bar.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I have not commented or asked any further questions out of respect for your reluctance to talk about the issue. Please don't take it as indifference or not caring. I always feel like I'm walking a fine line when it comes to medical issues on this thread. 

• Like 19