Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Hopefully this will be the last update for tonight.  

Literally in less than 10 minutes since I talked to Vikki things changed again and she's on her way back to her parents place.

The CT scan came back.  What they initially thought was bone protrusion was nothing more than cuts and scrapes from her fall.  Sending her home and told her to see the fracture clinic at home on Monday.  No major break and no surgery required....good news. 

Wow, this is good news but still a crappy situation.  Reading your updates made me think of Owen with his wrist. Give Vikki a hug when you see her and leave a chocolate on the pillow at turn down. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

My mum always made proper Cornish Pasties every Saturday when we were kids. When my kids were at uni she would make batches for them to take back and freeze

We enjoyed these when we visited. I can see why made batches for you. 😋

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

tomorrow I will start my review. I have lots of competition with Benny Bruns live review. It’s interesting as his take on some things are a complete opposite of mine. Bottom line everything is subjective.

I don’t like how he posts his photos with no spaces between them. As a live reviewer it drives me nuts. 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Ken, so glad of those good news, wishing Vikki a speedy and full recovery 🌷

My step cat just sent me a "Happy New Year" ---

image.thumb.jpeg.12a74c81b6c976cc622f48b72e4bbd86.jpeg

Wishing a Happy Jewish New Year to all those who celebrate

Happy New Year Dani.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, while sitting on the deck tonight at the lake house, a flock of Starlings (is that a thing) flew overhead, first time I have seen one.  They are way faster, than regular satellites, but unmistakeable.

jc

At first I thought you were talking about birds.😑

• Like 3

When we have a hurricane bearing down on us, everybody panics, and go off yo get gas and go to Publix to get water.  

The news media runs out to Publix, and publishes a picture of the shelves where water would be, and says the shelves are empty, implying there is no water left.

What they don't show, pallets near the entrance stacked with water.  Plenty of water, just not on shelves.

On the subject of gasoline,  a number of years ago, while was living  in Ct,  there was a hurricane strike this area, with wide spread power outages. Gas stations had gas, but it was in the ground, and no power to pump it.  As a result, they were ordered to install emergency generators. I have no idea how they process payments. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Good news is this is not my ankle.  Bad news is it's Vikki's.  We were at her brothers new house a couple hours away for dinner and I had left to come home and let Merlin out when my daughter let me know that this happened.  With so many cars in the driveway Vikki went to get something out of her car and stepped off the edge of the driveway into a ditch.

Her brother took her to the hospital and apparently it's broken and dislocated.  They were only there 45 minutes and apparently they are now on their way home (to her parents place that's close to her brothers).  Just waiting to find out the full extent of her injury and what the treatment plan is.  Looks like she will be off work for at least the next little while.  

Screenshot_20220924_222552.jpg

Wow..that looks so painful!  Poor Vikki.

9 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Halifax got hit hard yesterday/today by the hurricane.  According to NBC it was the strongest storm ever to hit….

As if they have always known what happened in Nova Scotia a 1000 years ago….  

I saw pictures of Halifax and the damages..especially the homes that were washed out to sea. God help these people..

• Like 4

Owen update. Friday night their football team won 15-0. The opposition didn’t even get a first down. Owen punted a few times and got a point after touchdown.

He unfortunately didn’t made the rep hockey team. They only took 2 first year players and cut 6 this round that were trying out. They cut 6 from the previous round as well. The one was the obvious selection and should be there. The other kid who is smaller but always makes the team for years. His dad is an executive on the board. 🤷‍♂️  Owen was happy he made it as far as he did and is looking forward to playing with his teammates who didn’t try out as well as those that did not make the team.

As for today, we are laying low at home and Owen has baseball tryouts at 10 AM for next year.

• Like 16

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Literally in less than 10 minutes since I talked to Vikki things changed again and she's on her way back to her parents place.

The CT scan came back.  What they initially thought was bone protrusion was nothing more than cuts and scrapes from her fall.  Sending her home and told her to see the fracture clinic at home on Monday.  No major break and no surgery required....good news. 

So sorry this happened to Vickki.  Good news that she doesn't need surgery.  I had to be put totally under when they relocated my dislocated ankle.  Then put under again for surgery.  I hope Vikki continues to heal with as little pain as possible.  Sounds like she's a trouper and deserves to be spoiled!

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I don’t like how he posts his photos with no spaces between them. As a live reviewer it drives me nuts. 

I skip the Benny Brun reviews.  Too many pictures...and too many similar pictures of the same thing from a different angle.  Too much.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Owen update. Friday night their football team won 15-0. The opposition didn’t even get a first down. Owen punted a few times and got a point after touchdown.

He unfortunately didn’t made the rep hockey team. They only took 2 first year players and cut 6 this round that were trying out. They cut 6 from the previous round as well. The one was the obvious selection and should be there. The other kid who is smaller but always makes the team for years. His dad is an executive on the board. 🤷‍♂️  Owen was happy he made it as far as he did and is looking forward to playing with his teammates who didn’t try out as well as those that did not make the team.

As for today, we are laying low at home and Owen has baseball tryouts at 10 AM for next year.

Whether Owen made the rep hockey team or not, he's a Star player making everyone proud.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Finally back home after traveling for most of the day. We got to the Miami airport at 9:30am for a 2:10pm flight. Had to wait to check bags and of course there were no chairs. Then the flight got delayed. Luckily we had a over two hour layover in St. Louis. With the delay we only waiting in St Louis for an hour. The pups were very happy to see us as you can imagine.

tomorrow I will start my review. I have lots of competition with Benny Bruns live review. It’s interesting as his take on some things are a complete opposite of mine. Bottom line everything is subjective.

Glad to hear you and Linda made it home safely after your awesome cruise. Looking forward to reading all about it 

Of course she was wearing her favorite pair of pants.  I said turn thrm into shorts, her reply was they would be short shorts. 

Screenshot_20220924_231946.jpg

Wow, that is some wrap on Vikki's foot and leg.  Great to hear no surgery is required.  I hope she mends quickly!

7 hours ago, taznremmy said:

OK…I am 15 pages behind, but catching up.  But this just makes me mad.  I’m in Calif. and most stations are at $5.59🙀

I’m using that as my justification to be on another cruise😹.  Currently in Vancouver and boarding Serenade OTS tomorrow.

Stay well, and back to catching up.

Bon Voyage!!  Have a great time!🛳️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good news is this is not my ankle.  Bad news is it's Vikki's.  We were at her brothers new house a couple hours away for dinner and I had left to come home and let Merlin out when my daughter let me know that this happened.  With so many cars in the driveway Vikki went to get something out of her car and stepped off the edge of the driveway into a ditch.

Her brother took her to the hospital and apparently it's broken and dislocated.  They were only there 45 minutes and apparently they are now on their way home (to her parents place that's close to her brothers).  Just waiting to find out the full extent of her injury and what the treatment plan is.  Looks like she will be off work for at least the next little while.  

Screenshot_20220924_222552.jpg

Prayers for quick healing.

Take care

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Beware, she might remove the grats if she'll not be satisfied with your service 😉

@Luckynana

Maryann, Wishing you negative results and positive times and weather on your cruise 😘

Thank you, Dani!  Wishing you and your family a Happy and Healthy New Year!💕

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

The latest prediction on Ian has it tracking farther to the west, which has been the trend. Here in south Florida, we are now out of the cone of uncertainty. PC is still on the edge, but  if it continues the trend, it could become clear also.

It looks like any western cruise routes may be affected.

Hoping Naples fares we'll.  Our Condo is about a mile from the beach.  Our dear friends who keep an eye on our place are in Kansas visiting family 

8 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Whether Owen made the rep hockey team or not, he's a Star player making everyone proud.

Absolutely, Bonnie!  Owen is a Star player, as well as a great kid.  We'll get to meet him on our Bella cruise @Ont_Lisa

I meant @A&L_Ont

My phone won't let me delete the Ont_Lisa😕

Happy and Healthy New Year, to you, Bonnie, Jack, and family!🥰

• Like 3

Just talked to Vikki and she's doing well.  Said her ankle is achy but not painful.  Last night the orthopedic surgeon actually came in and wasn't on duty at the time which I thought was great.  Unfortunately because it is a different health care group they can't send the files electronically but he did write a detailed report and took copies of everything for Vikki to take to the fracture clinic on Monday.  Vikki said they were all very surprised that they could not see any breaks/fractures given how badly it was dislocated.  I'm guessing that is why she does not seem to be in very much pain

• Like 12

8 hours ago, taznremmy said:

OK…I am 15 pages behind, but catching up.  But this just makes me mad.  I’m in Calif. and most stations are at $5.59🙀

I’m using that as my justification to be on another cruise😹.  Currently in Vancouver and boarding Serenade OTS tomorrow.

Stay well, and back to catching up.

Sending you good wishes for an amazing cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To all my Friends who celebrate

Blessed and safe Rosh Hashanah  

ESPECIALLY DANI

@A&L_Ont

Andrew, I am sure it was a tad disappointing that Owen did not make the team, but at least he has his family and friends to encourage him as he takes on more endeavors.

You are blessed with an awesome child, (health, academic achievement, and sports)  and the parental upbringing has everything to do with that.

I have always looked forward to your updates not only on Owen, but your mom, family, and of course Miss Lucy ((((((((((MEOW)))))))))).

It is going to be a great cruise come March when we finally get to put real, walking, talking, breathing people to CC thread people.

And Finally

Today is the big day.

Miss Lizzy gets full reign of the house (except the basement utility side) (I told the DH it is time to tidy up his work area...............................not), but she can have the downstairs family room.

I was afraid to let her go up and down the staircase, with all the open areas between the railings.

So far she has been a VULTURE staring over the balcony...................and of course doing ZOOMIES up and down those stairs.

She ran into a wall once and purred to talk about it.

Today became an indoor working day.  

Expected to rain most of the day.

But, we also have many football games to watch on Direct TV sports package.

Keeps the DH happy

To all Be safe

Take care

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Paul from Maryland said:

I skip the Benny Brun reviews.  Too many pictures...and too many similar pictures of the same thing from a different angle.  Too much.

Yes, I agree about your thought of his photos. I try to put only 5 photos in a post and keep them different. 

29 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

You are correct about that. Baseball practice was cancelled from rain. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Sorry to hear this.  I hope she heals quickly.

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

My step cat just sent me a "Happy New Year" ---

Wishing a Happy Jewish New Year to all those who celebrate

Dani, and all our friends who celebrate, wishing you a Happy New Year.

16 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Yes, I agree about your thought of his photos. I try to put only 5 photos in a post and keep them different. 

Add me to the list of people that are driven nuts when there are no spaces between pictures.  I like to see captions for each picture.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Just talked to Vikki and she's doing well.  Said her ankle is achy but not painful.  Last night the orthopedic surgeon actually came in and wasn't on duty at the time which I thought was great.  Unfortunately because it is a different health care group they can't send the files electronically but he did write a detailed report and took copies of everything for Vikki to take to the fracture clinic on Monday.  Vikki said they were all very surprised that they could not see any breaks/fractures given how badly it was dislocated.  I'm guessing that is why she does not seem to be in very much pain

Wow Ken!  So glad it didn't turn out worse for Vikki.  Having recovered from five toe fractures in my right foot in 2020, I can vouch for how painful it can be.  I was also lucky to have avoided surgery.  Sounds she will be good to go by your December cruise!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

If I remember correctly this was your 1st time to use the TSA thing. How did you like it.   I wonder if the Miami TSA line improved.  Looking forward to the review.  I am looking forward to seeing how you liked the UDP.  Three more weeks until we will use it.

The TSA a pre check worked great coming out of KC. Going back in the Miami airport was a nightmare. First there was shift change and they took forever to change out agents. Then our line TSA Pre-Check was funneled into the regular line of folks for the x-ray machines. I had to go through the standing arms above your head scanner because of my knee replacement. I even had to take off my shoes. It was a joke. I hate that airport. You walk for miles to get your luggage. More about that in my review. It seemed like the people that had "Clear" moved along faster than anyone else. We even joked with other passengers what's the point of having TSA Pre if you get bunched with everyone else.

8 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That's great news Ken. Hoping for a speedy recovery .

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

I agree. He takes a million photos. I did cameras for 40 years when I'm on a cruise I don't feel the need to shoot pictures of everything. My review is really going to be more story telling with pictures. It's my journey and experiences and I hoe people will enjoy it. One more post and then I am going to start it.

• Like 10