Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I just turned on the Seattle game for the first time, I thought the fog was rolling in.

Judge just batter for the first time..........he is doing great, 9 at bats.......8 strike outs for the Series. Very unlike Royalist.........Judge is consistent! 🤣

He was booed at Yankee Stadium.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was keeping the cats out of my room until early this morning Sparky was crying at the door then when I opened to let him in he curled up with me for a couple of hours.

My daughter is usually my grand dogs favorite person in the family.He did not leave my son in law even when my daughter came hone from work.

• Like 3

So, while Jim was in the Ship Infirmary during our Sea Day,  I went to Customer Service to find out what the Protocol would be with our leaving the ship.  I was told someone would call me;  that person went on Duty around 4:00.  I stayed in my cabin until 5:30, and still had not hear from anyone.  I went back down to Customer Service and said I hadn't heard from anyone, so what should I expect to happen in the morning?  I was told someone would get our luggage, and we would be taken to the hospital.  I finally got a phone call that evening and the conversation went like this:  "Your husband can go to Medical."  I said "my husband is in medical.  we will be getting off in the morning and going to the hospital".  She then said "will you be staying in the hospital, or a hotel?"  I was like, "um, I don't know?" and she said, "oh, you don't know?" and quickly hung up on me, before I could say another word.

Jim came back from Medical later that night and said we have to take our luggage with us to Medical.  I told him that I was told someone would take it from our cabin for us.  Well, no one came to our cabin, so we called Customer Service.  There was no way Jim could take our luggage with me.  Someone came up and helped me with our 3 pieces of luggage.  By the time we got to Medical, the Paramedics were already on board, and took Jim out on the stretcher, while one of the Medical employees as well as the young man who helped with the luggage and I followed.  The Medical employee tried unsuccessfully to contact the Port Agent for a good 20 minutes or so, while she and I stood there with my luggage.  The ambulance had already left with Jim, and luckily for me, the Paramedic gave me the name of a Hotel that is across the street from the hospital, just before they left.  I went and got a cab myself while the Medical employee stayed with my luggage.  This was so darned stressful, and not what I was told was going to happen.  

The hotel was lovely, and everyone there was so kind and hospitable.  

The Medical Staff on Adventure was Awesome!!!!!  The Doctor, the Nurse, and the employee that stayed we me (I wish I knew what her title was....liason???)  They were all so very kind, so caring, and so professional, they put Jim and I at ease the entire time we were there.  Kudos to them all!

I have to say that every person we encountered in Halifax was very friendly as well as very helpful.  We would  definitely like to get back to Halifax and visit this beautiful City.

Thank God we have Medical Insurance.  Has anyone here been in a hospital outside of the U.S.??  I'm just not sure how it works....

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Hello my dear friends.  Jim and I got home Thursday evening from Halifax.  I've been too exhausted to read  any posts, or write until this evening.  I know the last time I'd posted was after having our lobster roll in Bar Harbor.  The next day we were in Portland and had a much better lobstah roll, along with excellent chowda.  That evening after having dinner in the Dining room, Jim started to feel uncomfortable.  We went back to the room and he just couldn't get comfortable....by 2:00 a.m., he said he had to go to Medical, since he was in too much pain.  The Doctor did some bloodwork and put him on an IV to hydrate him, and gave him some pain medicine.   We were scheduled to be in St. John in the morning, and the doctor advised us to get off the ship and go to the hospital there, so around 4:30 am I went to our room and packed everything up.  Jim came back upstairs around 6:30 and said we're to be back at Medical for 8:00 debarkation.  The Paramedics came on board and took Jim and I to the hospital.  Several tests were performed, and the Doctor felt it was Jim's Gallbladder.  The Doctor said it should come out.  Jim wanted to get back on the ship and thought he'd get it taken care of once the cruise was over, so we got back onto the ship.  Bad idea, since the next day we were at Sea, he wound up in the Infirmary hooked up to another IV.  Halifax was our next stop, and it became our home for the next week.   That was last Thursday.  Jim was taken to the ER and by evening was finally admitted.  Emergency surgery was performed early Friday morning.  Excellent care was given to Jim while there.  

Glad he is doing better, I hate these things in our body you don't really need,  ex. gall bladder , appendix.

Had my appendix out about 5 years ago, very painful. Things like this always seem to flare up between 2am and 4am........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Big day in Mystic CT today. They have been having a day long party to commemorate the 100th year birthday of the bridge that crosses the Mystic River in the center of town. I'm presently at the Mystic Seaport waiting for the fireworks show that starts at 8:15. Loads of people here and everyone seems to be in a very good mood. We will see if that mood changes when everyone is trying to get out of here to go home!😯

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Glad he is doing better, I hate these things in our body you don't really need,  ex. gall bladder , appendix.

Had my appendix out about 5 years ago, very painful. Things like this always seem to flare up between 2am and 4am........

At least the gall bladder has a useful function. The appendix is just a remnant that provides income to surgeons.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

At least the gall bladder has a useful function. The appendix is just a remnant that provides income to surgeons.

Appendix, must not be very large. I believe mine was taken out through my belly button, does that sound correct?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Oh no! I am glad you are safely home now. Sending best wishes to Jim for a speedy recovery.

I am happy to hear from you. We were thinking about you and wondering.

Hugs.

Thank you so much, Arzeena!🥰

27 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you Maryann.  I was getting worried about you.   So sorry to hear about Jim.  That had to be very scary going to an unknown hospital. Happy to hear he is recovering and you are both back home.  ❤

Thank you, Debbie. 😘

16 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry to hear about Melanie.  Hopefully her husband remains mild.  Everyone at work was coughing all week.  I find out Monday if others tested positive this weekend.  

Curious, how did they work insurance in Halifax?   Did you have a travel plan for medical?

From what my daughter said, lots of people here in Forked River have been sick with Covid.  Crazy how it seems to be on the move so quickly.  I've been reading on FB Adventure group, several people got Covid on our cruise.

I'm not sure how the insurance will work...scares me a little.  Jim seems to think we have to pay hospital bill, and we'd get reimbursed????  I sure hope we don't have to pay upfront for all of this.  One of the drs on the surgeons team asked if we had medical insurance, and asked the name of the Company, so I sure hope they will deal with it.  When we were in the hospital in St. John, we weren't asked any questions about insurance.

13 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Maryann, so sorry Jim was unwell and you had to cut short your long awaited cruise. This gallbladder should have had the decency to wait until the cruise's end, at least!!  Glad that he's now on the mend.

Stay healthy, take care, and big hugs (((( )))) 😘

LOL Dani!!!  You are so right....the gallbladder should have had the decency to wait until we got back to NJ!!  (exactly what Jim was hoping for)  Thank you, my friend!😘

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

@LuckynanaSorry to read about your unplanned adventure. Needing that kind of medical care when away from home is stressful. I'm glad it all went well.

Thank you, OB!  As unfortunate as this whole vacation panned out, Jim had excellent care, from Ship Medical, to the hospital Doctors, nurses, etc.😉

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Thank you, Jim!😊

15 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Big day in Mystic CT today. They have been having a day long party to commemorate the 100th year birthday of the bridge that crosses the Mystic River in the center of town. I'm presently at the Mystic Seaport waiting for the fireworks show that starts at 8:15. Loads of people here and everyone seems to be in a very good mood. We will see if that mood changes when everyone is trying to get out of here to go home!😯

You have a beautiful night for the fireworks show.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

My gallbladder was removed, laparoscopically, with a tiny incision right next to my belly button.

Yes, Jim's was laparoscopically removed also.  How long ago did you have your surgery?  Did it take a long time to heal?

14 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you so much, Arzeena!🥰

Thank you, Debbie. 😘

From what my daughter said, lots of people here in Forked River have been sick with Covid.  Crazy how it seems to be on the move so quickly.  I've been reading on FB Adventure group, several people got Covid on our cruise.

I'm not sure how the insurance will work...scares me a little.  Jim seems to think we have to pay hospital bill, and we'd get reimbursed????  I sure hope we don't have to pay upfront for all of this.  One of the drs on the surgeons team asked if we had medical insurance, and asked the name of the Company, so I sure hope they will deal with it.  When we were in the hospital in St. John, we weren't asked any questions about insurance.

LOL Dani!!!  You are so right....the gallbladder should have had the decency to wait until we got back to NJ!!  (exactly what Jim was hoping for)  Thank you, my friend!😘

Thank you, OB!  As unfortunate as this whole vacation panned out, Jim had excellent care, from Ship Medical, to the hospital Doctors, nurses, etc.😉

So sorry to hear this.  At least you are home and safe😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I have been taken by ambulance to hospital many times in my lifetime but never during the day .I had one early evening adventure but every other one has been between 1 AM and 4AM.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

Yes, Jim's was laparoscopically removed also.  How long ago did you have your surgery?  Did it take a long time to heal?

Mine was done almost 28 years ago so I don't remember exactly how long the recovery was but it couldn't have been too long as I had to take care of 6 week old twins. My husband remembers about 7-10 days. I hope Jims recovery is easy and quick.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

yes, we get off Oasis tomorrow. We ended up parking at the port since no storms were headed this way. 

Oh no! Did you get Covid on board?

2 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

How are you feeling?  Did you enjoy the remainder of the cruise?

Just now, DaniDanielle said:

How are you feeling?  Did you enjoy the remainder of the cruise?

I tested negative again this morning and was released from isolation around lunchtime. Breathing is improving, was able to go to lunch and dinner so that is better than room service. We had a good day just chilling on deck. Thanks for asking. 😀

• Like 8

Maryann, I am so sorry this happened to Jim. You must have been stressed, worried, etc. beyond belief, but for the most part, it seems that you encountered caring people to help lighten your stress level. It sounds like Jim got good care and that's most important.

I hope Melanie is better and that your son in law does not develop the symptoms she had.

Try and relax now that you're home!

You were missed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1