Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Now for Part 2 story of my trip.  First of all, challenges never run in short supply for me. They do not seem to end.  

After we arrived in Civitavecchia, we checked into our hotel.  We took out the Covid Test Kits and self tested.  The results showed Positive for both DH and me.  How could this be happening?  For a couple days, I had a sore throat but I thought it was due to all the cigarette smoke from so many people smoking. I had a little runny nose but it felt like I had a very mild cold.  That was all.  DH had a cough but that was it. Now all these thoughts are running through my head.  We can’t go.  We’d have to cancel our cruise.  We figured we had to go to the Pharmacy to get tested and get documentation for the results.  We would need these for if we have to cancel and get full refund.  Ugh.

We went to the Pharmacy but it was closed but would open back up at 4:30PM.  So we went back then and got tested.  These were uncomfortable brain ticklers.  Sure enough, after having avoided the plaque for almost 3 years, the Rona finally caught up with us.  We informed our TA who was on this cruise also.  We sent him the documentations and he started the process for the full refund for us.

Meanwhile, we still have the Transatlantic to deal with.  Because it’s a separate booking, we could not cancel that cruise without us testing Positive for it.  So what do we do for 12 days?  We have to hang around!  But we have to isolate at the same time.  We had to somehow make lemonade out of lemons and we decided to go to Pisa.  We’d wear our masks.  We stayed one night in Pisa. Then we found there is a Hilton Grand Vacation in Pisa, out in the country.  Thankfully, they had 4 days available for just when we needed it.  The last room available!  So we booked it.  Rented a car and drove to the Hilton.  It is not the same Hilton Grand Vacations like in Las Vegas or Hawaii.  Lol.  Only condos with kitchenette.  No free breakfast, no restaurants and no other amenities on property.  Just your basic condo. That’s fine.  We just want a place to isolate and relax and maybe just drive around the country side.  We went to the local grocery store.  Got some food to make for all our meals for the days we are here.  We are now planning what to do after Hilton.

I have no more symptoms- no sore throat, cough or runny nose.  DH still has a little bit of cough.  We won’t test again until 10/29.  Hopefully we will test Negative by then.  It was really tough to see our friends leaving to board Odyssey while we got left behind.  It all just seemed so unreal.

What a huge disappointment for you both.  Praying your tests on the 29th will be negative and you can do you TA!

Edited by jmh2006
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Here’s a little bit of a funny story considering everything that’s going on with me.  

I was at Target yesterday trying to find some twin XL sheets since we had to change out my moms really comfortable queen size adjustable bed for one of the adjustable hospital bed with the alternating pressure air mattress due to getting some sores on her derrière 😔. For one thing it’s hard to find Twin XL sheets right after all the college kids went back to the dorms.  But I was able to snag some at Target that weren’t dinosaurs or unicorns and rainbows LOL.

So while I was there I needed to pick up some more apple sauce and yogurt. Since she is having a hard time swallowing thicker foods.  I decided to check the baby food aisle for other fruit flavors.  While looking, a lady asked me how old my little one was.  I replied 78. She asks, oh 7 or 8 months, you don’t know how old your child is? In a very condescending way.  I just looked back at her and said 78 years old.  She took a second and gave be a puzzled look and walked away.  It was a very strange encounter but made me laugh as I was walking to the register.  Yeah, I know, I have a warped sense of humor.

well, that’s my funny story for today.  I wish I had a video or pictures of me trying to move her heavy adjustable bed frame and mattress out of her room, but hard to do when you have to do everything by yourself.   

Ok, another little funny moment.  While i was moving her bed from her room to mine.  I was looking for a new mattress and bed anyways, and hers was only a few years old.   I had her sitting in her recliner in the living room.  All of a sudden, in a very clear and serious voice she says….. If you give me a few minutes to rest, I’ll be able to you with the heavier parts. I couldn’t help but chuckle a bit and tell her it’s not the heavy.  🙂

Your funny story of lady at Target reminds me of a time I was in baby food isle with a friend.  I was looking at getting baby food for my cat that had an allergic reaction and had a swollen tongue and was unable to eat cat food.   Vet suggested I try baby food.   

Woman asks me name of my baby.  I tell her Cosmo, she gave me the strangest look and walked away mumbling to her husband something like "what's wrong with people nowadays, who names their son Cosmo"   I couldn't help but shout out.   He is a Ginger😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 16

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Your funny story of lady at Target reminds me of a time I was in baby food isle with a friend.  I was looking at getting baby food for my cat that had an allergic reaction and had a swollen tongue and was unable to eat cat food.   Vet suggested I try baby food.   

Woman asks me name of my baby.  I tell her Cosmo, she gave me the strangest look and walked away mumbling to her husband something like "what's wrong with people nowadays, who names their son Cosmo"   I couldn't help but shout out.   He is a Ginger😁

Great story.  I laughed out loud when you said…. He is a Ginger.  Oliver woke up and looked at me with the Bella head tilt.  Thanks for the genuine laugh, I really needed it today. 😀

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I worked with a guy who has a son named Cosmo.He is about 50 now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes you the flu shot.  I usually get mine in November since flu season usually hits our area januaryish.

My granddaughter who is in college flew to NY tonight to surprise my daughter for her birthday.Then the whole family came here to surprise Toby and I.The interesting thing is that Toby cooked and baked for the party tomorrow night and one of the foods she prepared is the favorite of my granddaughter who flew in tonight.

• Like 4

Just got home from the hockey arena. Owen’s team tied 5-5 and he had a spectacular goal. 

Owen also played their last regular season football game of the year. They won 14-1 a S finished the season 5-0. 

Their team scored 112 points over the season and 10 against them. Playoffs start next week. 

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Wine Delivery today, Life is good!

IMG_0841.JPG

Couple shot taken from Draper Look Out on Draper Mountain

IMG_0808 (1).JPG

Stocking up for winter? You sure that’s enough? 😆

Beautiful area.

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I got the last booster 4 days ago.It supposedly will help against a new strain coming out soon,

How can it help against a new strain coming out if it hasn’t come out yet?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

It did and the problem was he would keep attacking even when trying to get out of his area.

Great photo of the trigger fish.  Had one of those fish act very aggressively towards my face whilst snorkeling in waters around Mystery Island in the South Pacific.  Only way to get away from him was to get out of the water and walk further down the beach and then enter the water.  
Sorry it actually attacked you and drew blood. Nasty.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My granddaughter who is in college flew to NY tonight to surprise my daughter for her birthday.Then the whole family came here to surprise Toby and I.The interesting thing is that Toby cooked and baked for the party tomorrow night and one of the foods she prepared is the favorite of my granddaughter who flew in tonight.

How wonderful.  Enjoy the party.

9 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Great photo of the trigger fish.  Had one of those fish act very aggressively towards my face whilst snorkeling in waters around Mystery Island in the South Pacific.  Only way to get away from him was to get out of the water and walk further down the beach and then enter the water.  
Sorry it actually attacked you and drew blood. Nasty.

The Picasso trigger isn’t even one of the more aggressive ones. 😳  We would never keep them in our tanks for this reason. We loved Mystery Island. So many shells and most were alive.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ReneeFLL said:

The Picasso trigger isn’t even one of the more aggressive ones. 😳  We would never keep them in our tanks for this reason. We loved Mystery Island. So many shells and most were alive.

😳 pass on that.  Re Mystery Island - one of the cruises from Sydney this summer  has an itinerary change and is stopping there twice.  Cruisers are complaining because there is nothing to do.  I would love to have the option to snorkel there twice in one cruise.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Wine Delivery today, Life is good!

IMG_0841.JPG

Took some pictures today around the neighborhood since the weather was so nice

IMG_0829 (1).JPG

IMG_0828 (1).JPG

IMG_0827 (1).JPG

IMG_0826 (1).JPG

IMG_0825 (1).JPG

IMG_0824.JPG

IMG_0823.JPG

Two new houses being built in the neighborhood.

IMG_0848.JPG

IMG_0847.JPG

IMG_0832.JPG

IMG_0831 (1).JPG

Couple shot taken from Draper Look Out on Draper Mountain

IMG_0808 (1).JPG

IMG_0807 (1).JPG

Our House

IMG_0804.JPG

IMG_0800.JPG

IMG_0799.JPG

IMG_0798.JPG

IMG_0796.JPG

Clubhouse

IMG_0773.JPG

Trees are pretty who knew you drink as much as John?

• Haha 9

7 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Sunday morning before we went to the cathedral for mass, DH went to the Galleria Della Academia.  I did not go because I did not feel like I could walk very much without much pain.  He took pictures of the famous statue of David, some other statues and some paintings.

875F5629-C931-4680-B1CE-C770A2538642.thumb.jpeg.528c5477520a617ac655d3bb1015a12c.jpeg

6939D628-2D23-426B-B312-920310A901BC.thumb.jpeg.f621aba54b3f9ac0818b813ad71a0227.jpeg

F041A4A9-0E75-42FF-A140-04FCD53DEE96.thumb.jpeg.6c4ccadd50ba29cb32734e5590e414d2.jpeg

58CE1FC8-E882-48E6-BE96-CAA818DC3A3A.thumb.jpeg.377332b7af57bf23ce77af137c0c0280.jpeg

EB668ED7-1CC9-42EB-8881-FA873669FFDF.thumb.jpeg.1f25ddfe34b32e6b9a6552a780e90bfc.jpeg

We were booked on your sailings, and cancelled because the DW couldn’t leave her mother for a month….  

I am hoping you catch the TA.

jc

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Stocking up for winter? You sure that’s enough? 😆

Beautiful area.

How can it help against a new strain coming out if it hasn’t come out yet?

You of all people should know you can’t question the science.  We have spent billions for shots, take yours and shut up!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

28 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

😳 pass on that.  Re Mystery Island - one of the cruises from Sydney this summer  has an itinerary change and is stopping there twice.  Cruisers are complaining because there is nothing to do.  I would love to have the option to snorkel there twice in one cruise.

Same here. I could be in the water all day looking at stuff. I used to do it when we lived in Key West. Didn’t want to get out.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I don't mind the different dimensions.  Things like the Green Monster in Boston make Baseball unique.  Then again, I'm a Red Sox fan.  I just don't like things that are too different, like the uphill section in the Houston outfield.  Is that still a thing, or did they remove that?  Not sure what I think about the old days in the original Yankee Stadium where the monuments were in play in the outfield.  

Totally agree that’s one thing about baseball each stadium is unique, I have been a Yankee fan all my life , blaming the stadium for the loss is a totally lame excuse. 

• Like 2