Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I decided that today would not be a good day to “go big”.  

One of my childhood friends (same age as me), passed away.  He married my 3rd cousin, and we would always reminisce about growing up, when we would have family get togethers. 

Then, I just read that an old girlfriend was struck and killed by a car last night.  Dated for a couple years in high school and a year in college.  Once again, same age as me.  

Not doing anything to tempt fate today. 

So Sorry to hear about these losses.   May they rest in peace.🙏

• Like 1

Our refrigerator starting making some odd noises this weekend then Monday night the compressor got very loud (Yes, I tried giving it the Fonzie punch as he could make anything work with his magic touch).   It is still working but hanging on by a thread.    The temp in the fridge is not cool enough to keep dairy, lunchmeats, etc. cool enough.   I hate to say it, but I had to throw out a pound of Bacon!     The freezer is okay for now. 

Apparently we are still having supply issues with Refrigerators.   We browsed a couple different local appliance stores and lowes/home depot online sites and narrowed down to 3 models we liked.   Last night we went to see them in person and all three are out of stock.    Our first choice will take 2 to 3 weeks to get.     So we went to another store and were told the same thing.     We gave up on that particular model and found one we liked and was told they have 1 left.    Ordered it for delivery on Saturday when we will both be home.    Went home with the dimensions and realized we are a 1/2 inch short - it won't fit!

Called and cancelled that order this morning.     Someone at work said to try BJ's or Costco - checked them out and not very many options but found 1 model that had everything we wanted - guess what that is a min. delivery of 3 weeks!    Uggh!     I then found that some model online at a store about 45 minutes away who says they have 2 left and can deliver Saturday.     I placed that order online and fingers and toes crossed they actually do deliver on Saturday.     

Little FYI we learned from Home Depot and Lowes when there in person last night - they both said do Not believe the inventory/stock or delivery info their websites show.    They are almost always wrong.      Sounds like their IT and inventory people are just as good as Royal's😇😁

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I message from my iPhone to family on Samsung phones with no problem. You don’t need WhatsApp. 

You were able to message from the iPhone to a Samsung while in airplane mode over internet?  Was the Samsung in airplane mode?  I couldn't get any message from Sharon or the girls iphones.

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

You were able to message from the iPhone to a Samsung while in airplane mode over internet?  Was the Samsung in airplane mode?  I couldn't get any message from Sharon or the girls iphones.

Same here.   My Samsung has never been able to receive texts while on cruising so we always use the Whatsapp like you do.

7 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have an iPhone 13 that was in airplane mode and connected to Voom with wifi calling on.  Two family members off the ship have Samsungs, not sure what phones.  I doubt either of them were in airplane mode but they were likely using wifi, not cellular at the time I was messaging with them.  Had no issues while on Quantum in May or Oasis a couple of weeks ago.  Not sure if they have had Samsung phones prior to those two sailings but have communicated with family for years from the ship with no need for Whatsapp at all.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Same here.   My Samsung has never been able to receive texts while on cruising so we always use the Whatsapp like you do.

I just asked Sharon if she tried to text an android off ship.  She tried to text her sister's android and it did not work.  @Momof3gurlz Deb, I would suggest that you test what you can do soon by putting your phone in airplane mode and seeing what you can and can't do.  This way we may be able to help you through any problems or concerns. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I have an iPhone 13 that was in airplane mode and connected to Voom with wifi calling on.  Two family members off the ship have Samsungs, not sure what phones.  I doubt either of them were in airplane mode but they were likely using wifi, not cellular at the time I was messaging with them.  Had no issues while on Quantum in May or Oasis a couple of weeks ago.  Not sure if they have had Samsung phones prior to those two sailings but have communicated with family for years from the ship with no need for Whatsapp at all.

We will test it out.  Thanks.  I have been able to call with wifi calling on but I don't remember texting.   Thanks. 

• Like 1

@Sunshine3601Sorry about your refrigerator, Debbie!  There's never a good time for an appliance to go kaput...especially when it's a fridge!  Years ago, just a day or two before we had a cruise, our refrigerator died on us.  We put what we could in our neighbors fridge and freezer, and went shopping when we got home.  What we wanted would've taken over 6 weeks, so we had to settle.  😕

It was fine, just not what we wanted.  

Happy to hear you will be getting your new refrigerator delivered by Saturday!!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We will test it out.  Thanks.  I have been able to call with wifi calling on but I don't remember texting.   Thanks. 

I was in daily contact with family that had flown in to watch my Mom while I was away.  We have found that we need to reboot our phones a couple times during the week as sometimes after a port day, we have issues reconnecting to Voom, but otherwise, we have been fine.  We always install latest updates before we leave too so phones are up to date.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Last night we went to Ava's Senior Night at her Field Hockey game.  It was her team's first night under the lights.  (They played on the Boys Football Field).  The game had just begun, when the fog rolled in.  Ava is co-captain of the team, and as such, the co-captains wear a yellow arm band.  Luckily for us, Ava also has a yellow hockey stick, so we were able to see her through the fog.  She played an outstanding game, and today we found out that she and another player made the All-Star Senior Team to be played next month.  😊

Congratulations to the parents and grandparents of this talented girl.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Last night we went to Ava's Senior Night at her Field Hockey game.  It was her team's first night under the lights.  (They played on the Boys Football Field).  The game had just begun, when the fog rolled in.  Ava is co-captain of the team, and as such, the co-captains wear a yellow arm band.  Luckily for us, Ava also has a yellow hockey stick, so we were able to see her through the fog.  She played an outstanding game, and today we found out that she and another player made the All-Star Senior Team to be played next month.  😊

Congratulations to Ava 🤩

The fog was really bad this morning when I was driving to work.   A group of deers ran across the street and I could hardly see them.   Someone should give them glow in the dark safety vests😁

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Congratulations to Ava 🤩

The fog was really bad this morning when I was driving to work.   A group of deers ran across the street and I could hardly see them.   Someone should give them glow in the dark safety vests😁

I encountered deer when I was leaving to go to the hospital this morning, too.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Congratulations!

Thank you, Marietta!

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Congratulations to Ava 🤩

Thanks Debbie!

Glow in the dark vests!!!!  LOL!  Could you imagine!

I worry about deer when we leave early in the morning when we leave for Naples 

• Like 3

I know this is a Royal forum, but I also know there are a lot of animal lovers on here. Posted today on Holland America FB page is a picture of a true service dog . Joska just gained the honor of sailing and serving her owners for 700 days.🎉🐾.❤️ I have met her at least 2 times on crossings . Thanks for your understanding.

• Like 14