Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I enjoyed it.  I would send you mine but my son rushed me so he can read it😳

Nice offer. Just pass it off to someone else. I can wait for mine.

I get a monthly update from Goodreads with all the upcoming mysteries/detective type books coming out. Those keep me very busy. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

And if your accidental selfies look anything like mine, you're probably squinting, frowning, eyebrows furrowed and otherwise looking like your severely constipated. 😂

I actually think they come out better when you mistakenly think you are taking a picture of something else.😊

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The after show last night with the captains was a huge disappointment as far as I'm concerned. All Andy did was ask a bunch of nonsense questions when the time could have been used to delve into the responsibilities of their jobs or something of substance. They could have even talked about their thoughts on Beyond. Then they bring in Cat Lady Captain Kate and she asks more stupid questions.

And what was the big deal about this taking place on Beyond? We got to see nothing of the ship. They never even talked about the ship. That entire worthless show could have been filmed in any studio. Sorry I stayed up for it.

In my opinion Andy is a hack. This had nothing to do with the captains...it was all about Andy.

I never watch his show because it's too sophomoric. I thought this one would be an exception but I should have given it a 2nd thought. I won't fall for the hype again, tho.

Edited by Bailey & Sophie
Clarification
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

My parents depended on a septic system until the town ran sewers down their road. When I bought land for my house I only considered lots that had sewer and natural gas lines in the street.

I grew up in an area that had town sewers so I when I moved to my current house, I just assumed it was a matter of time before the town would run sewer lines down the road. Nope! Every time is came up for consideration, the residents overwhelmingly voted it down. Mainly the cost: digging up the streets, installing the sewer lines, hook-up to the house, upgrading the treatment plant that serves the commercial properties,  plus the decades long environmental studies as we reside with the watershed that supplies NYC with it's drinking water.  I think the cost was something like $2,000 per year, per house, for 20 years.  Or I can get my septic tank pumped for $450 every 3 years vs $6,000 for sewer.  Of course, after 20 years, the cost swings in sewer's favor but whatevs

So while I always said my next house would need a sewer hookup, I've gotten  used to the septic that it's no longer a consideration. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Here's another reminder: Get it pumped!

Thanks! Done, I went online to schedule, saw they have a truck in my area this Friday & clicked to schedule.

Now I have to go dig 2 holes to expose the lids. It's take me about 90 seconds as they are under 6 inches of dirt. Or I can have the company do it for me for $45.  That's $45 for 90 seconds of work, probably less for them.

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Better a letter in the mail, than sewage backup a backup in the lowest point in the house such as a shower or tub. 🤢

Let me guess, it's happen to you?  The downstairs bathroom is about 6 feet away from the tank, it's right outside the exterior wall.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 2

@A&L_Ont and @Jimbo

As you guys are the experts in crap, er, I mean knowledgeable in waste management,  when I made my appointment to have my septic tank pumped, they suggested I have an addictive added to promote good bacteria growth. The reason is that ALL my wastewater drains into the septic: showers, dishwasher, washing machine, etc. which can breakdown the good bacteria.

Cost for my 1,000 gallon tank is $115, on top of the $450 to have it pumped. Seems like an unnecessary expenditure. (i.e. scam).

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

It actually premieres on November 21st. 😄  OB cant' wait for his buddy Captain Lee to be back. 😇

I might actually check it out. I saw part of one old episode a few years ago. Looks interesting. With The Walking Dead wrapping up in a few weeks, I'll have an extra hour to fill in my TV schedule. Plus, I can join the conversations!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The after show last night with all the captains was a huge disappointment as far as I'm concerned. All Andy did was ask a bunch of nonsense questions when the time could have been used to delve into the responsibilities of their jobs or something of substance. They could have even talked about their thoughts on Beyond. Then they bring in Cat Lady Captain Kate and she asks more stupid questions.

And what was the big deal about this taking place on Beyond? We got to see nothing of the ship. They never even talked about the ship. That entire worthless show could have been filmed in any studio. Sorry I stayed up for it.

I recorded on my DVR, guess I won't waste my time watching that recording. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I might actually check it out. I saw part of one old episode a few years ago. Looks interesting. With The Walking Dead wrapping up in a few weeks, I'll have an extra hour to fill in my TV schedule. Plus, I can join the conversations!

The franchise is getting as bad as CSI with all the spinoffs.  Down Under just finished last week, Sailing Yacht will be back next year, Adventure premiered last night and Mediterranean likely wraps up in a few weeks before Below Deck  takes its time slot.  You can see all the past seasons on Bravo.  They do marathons of past season very frequently. 

Edited by reallyitsmema
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Cruise Critic is really hacking me off. Still can't log in via my phone. I changed my password. It works on my laptop but not my phone. Anyone else having problems still?????

Yup, its been frustrating here too.   I have not been able to log on from work desktop for the last 2 days.   I cleared cookies and browser.    At least I can get in from my samsung phone and just tried my personal laptop and that was a struggle but finally got in.    

• Like 1

Thankfully I don’t take accidental selfies but I do frequently take accidental shots of my legs below the knees and my footwear and photos of  whatever surface I am standing on.  I must somehow press the camera button when I am putting my phone back  in my bag.

This happens during our weekend walks and whilst on holidays.  
Nice photo, nice photo, oh look a photo of my muddy sneakers on a rock.

Nice photo, nice photo, oh look the cruise cabin has cream carpet…🤦‍♀️

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

8 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

@HBE4 I replied but I must have used a word I can't as my post is hidden.  Will see if it appears eventually.

Now I'm curious! 😂

That happened to me once. I think someone has to review it. Took 3 days.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Thankfully I don’t take accidental selfies but I do frequently take accidental shots of my legs below the knees and my footwear and photos of  whatever surface I am standing on.  I must somehow press the camera button when I am putting my phone back  in my bag.

This happens during our weekend walks and whilst on holidays.  
Nice photo, nice photo, oh look a photo of my muddy sneakers on a rock.

Nice photo, nice photo, oh look the cruise cabin has cream carpet…🤦‍♀️

I have been taking pictures of my fingertip for some reason lately. 

DC4F4F7D-CF14-4968-AFC8-57AB13536677.thumb.jpeg.32824113f86c5b9d503b9ab7a30e986c.jpeg

It is actually supposed to be funky clouds over the Vehicle Assembly Building at Cape Canaveral. Oh well…..

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

In the summer if the tank is under a few inches of soil the lawn will brown out and die when it is hot with no rain. It will be very distinctive and usually not far from the edge of the house where it exits.

We've lived here with a septic tank for 40 years.  Had to dig down to the two lids twice to have it pumped. Never did that again...had the risers and plastic lids installed.  From the grass, down to the two lids, is about 2.5 feet.

My tank doesn't affect the grass, but it's always the first place the snow melts (due to the heat from the waste water and aerobic action).

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Went to the beach and took some pictures when I couldn't really see my screen in the bright daylight. Got home and found a bunch of selfies because the front camera was selected.🙄🙄🙄🙄

I was laughing hard.  😆  Been there.

While in Curacao I had to do a little climbing to start down the ocean side.  When I got back and reviewed shots I found that I triggered the video which luckily was only about 3 minutes. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

@A&L_Ont and @Jimbo

As you guys are the experts in crap, er, I mean knowledgeable in waste management,  when I made my appointment to have my septic tank pumped, they suggested I have an addictive added to promote good bacteria growth. The reason is that ALL my wastewater drains into the septic: showers, dishwasher, washing machine, etc. which can breakdown the good bacteria.

Cost for my 1,000 gallon tank is $115, on top of the $450 to have it pumped. Seems like an unnecessary expenditure. (i.e. scam).

Here in Maryland the cost to have our septic tank pumped is about $400.  Fees vary a lot, your county may charge more.

My goal is to have our tank pumped every three to five years.  It really depends on how many people live in your household.  More people means more frequent pumping.

I've recently been adding a supplement called NuTank.  Mostly because I have a slow drain and have to use a strong drain cleaner.  The chemical in the drain cleaner doesn't do the septic tank any favors.  I use the drain cleaner every two months.  Then a week later I add the supplement.  The supplement is a small item that you flush down the toilet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is crazy!  After trying since yesterday, and reading the past many many pages and trying so many times to log on between yesterday and today, I just tried again...and boom!!  I'm in!!!  How frustrating this has been for us all! 🤷‍♀️ Especially since I am in no way tech savvy, I am happy to be able to correspond again!  Hello to you all!

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

This is crazy!  After trying since yesterday, and reading the past many many pages and trying so many times to log on between yesterday and today, I just tried again...and boom!!  I'm in!!!  How frustrating this has been for us all! 🤷‍♀️ Especially since I am in no way tech savvy, I am happy to be able to correspond again!  Hello to you all!

Welcome back!

EDIT: Just saw the above post. Boo!

Edited by HBE4
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

The franchise is getting as bad as CSI with all the spinoffs.  Down Under just finished last week, Sailing Yacht will be back next year, Adventure premiered last night and Mediterranean likely wraps up in a few weeks before Below Deck  takes its time slot.  You can see all the past seasons on Bravo.  They do marathons of past season very frequently. 

Ah, I guess that's why it seems like it's always on. 😁

And I guess your post has been approved. Don't see what could have held it up. 🙂

• Thanks 1