Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

21 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Jagsfan - Mimi and Jimbo- You have  gotten my attention regarding a cruise to Bermuda from Florida.

Can you give me some info about these cruises?

Where do they sail from in Fl and how long are the cruises? Do they include other ports?

We have sailed on Celebrity from Bayonne to Bermuda and enjoyed those cruises, but they sail mostly in the Summer months. I looked at RCCL to Bermuda from Bayonne, but they seem to be only five day cruises.

Since we sometimes visit FL in the Fall, I was thinking a cruise similar to the ones you posted about may be good for us.

Thank you !

MJ🙋🏻

Port Canaveral  8 nights..............3 ports,  Bermuda, Nassau and Coco Cay

We are going to Disney middle of this month for 9 days........but now we will back in mid September too. 🙂   the 2 Best times to go to Florida.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Anything that I, or any of the other Florida residents here, can help with?  We went through that same process 2 years ago.  I'm guessing that your question is related to the homestead exemption as we found that confusing.

Very much appreciate the offer.  Actually, we have had property in Georgia under a similar protection so the homestead exemption isn’t that big a deal.  We were trying to get our Florida licenses and car tags.  We finally just bagged up every document we thought could possibly be needed (birth certificates, marriage certificate for name change, proof of insurance, proof of residence, passports, titles) and off we went to the tax collector’s office.

We were be impressed with how organized they were…and we had more documentation than the average bear…. Didn’t realize they wanted the cars all to be psychically there…so we got one tag and will bring the other two later.  Impressed we got our new licenses on the spot and were also able to register to vote.

And then it rained!!  We need the rain, I know, but I’d really wanted to take a load of deconstructed boxes away…. Oh well, as Scarlett said “Tomorrow is another day.”

• Like 7

What are the dates for the Florida to Bermuda cruises. (I will look it up, but since I'm here I thought I'd ask first).

I know they did those last year....but I thought they stopped because Bermuda was having so many hoops to jump through.  I also think at least one of them had about three hours in Bermuda before they had to leave because of an approaching hurricane.

Last year it was May, August, September and October.  

Edited by mafig

2 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Very much appreciate the offer.  Actually, we have had property in Georgia under a similar protection so the homestead exemption isn’t that big a deal.  We were trying to get our Florida licenses and car tags.  We finally just bagged up every document we thought could possibly be needed (birth certificates, marriage certificate for name change, proof of insurance, proof of residence, passports, titles) and off we went to the tax collector’s office.

We were be impressed with how organized they were…and we had more documentation than the average bear…. Didn’t realize they wanted the cars all to be psychically there…so we got one tag and will bring the other two later.  Impressed we got our new licenses on the spot and were also able to register to vote.

And then it rained!!  We need the rain, I know, but I’d really wanted to take a load of deconstructed boxes away…. Oh well, as Scarlett said “Tomorrow is another day.”

When we moved and changed everything over we were impressed how smoothly it went and how nice everyone was.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mafig said:

What are the dates for the Florida to Bermuda cruises. (I will look it up, but since I'm here I thought I'd ask first).

I know they did those last year....but I thought they stopped because Bermuda was having so many hoops to jump through.  I also think at least one of them had about three hours in Bermuda before they had to leave because of an approaching hurricane.

Last year it was May, August, September and October.  

Looks like August , September and October for Mariner

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Regarding the Buc-ee's discussion earlier, I read a meme today that described it as "It's like a Cracker Barrel and Walmart had a baby that had a litter of Pilot stations and those grew up and married Texas." 😂 

Love me some Buc-ee's!! The Beaver Nuggets snacks are my favorite, but really EVERYTHING there is my favorite.

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 7
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Looks like August , September and October for Mariner

Prime hurricane season, except maybe the beginning of August.

September and October are bad because Bermuda is in hurricane zone, Pt. Canaveral is , and so are we .....we live in SW Florida and are still dealing with insurance companies and FEMA.

May would be great.😎  Nice weather in Bermuda then, too.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, mafig said:

Prime hurricane season, except maybe the beginning of August.

September and October are bad because Bermuda is in hurricane zone, Pt. Canaveral is , and so are we .....we live in SW Florida and are still dealing with insurance companies and FEMA.

May would be great.😎  Nice weather in Bermuda then, too.

Guess we have been lucky, when we have cruised in September we have always had great weather.

We have been there once in May also, was suppose to be overnighter in Bermuda from Boston. Couldn't dock the ship. The seas were to rough, we did however stop there on the way back to Boston for a few hours. Can never count on the weather no matter what time of the year.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

Lenny- Hoping that you are feeling physically better today and that your symptoms were less today.

It seems that those of us who are blessed with older age bear the loss of family and friends who pass from our lives and hearts. Your friend must have had a difficult journey dealing with leukemia and Alzheimer’s. He is suffering no more.

Wishing you a full recovery soon and healing hearts for you and your dear Toby.

MJ💐

Thanks,MJ.I had the best medicine today.My grand daughter who is going back to college tomorrow came to spend time with Toby and I today.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Our itinerary is a little different then yours. Ours arrives In Bermuda on Sunday at 3pm and leaves on Tuesday 3pm.(48 hours) Yours arrives on Monday at 3pm and leaves on Tuesday at 3pm.(24 hours)

Most likely though lots of places in Bermuda on Sunday will be closed in less some stay open because a cruise ship is overnighting. Probably not know until we get there.

Most stores in Bermuda will be closed on Sunday except some near the dockyard may be open. 

Some of the touristy shops scattered throughout the island may be open but may close at 5 pm.   Pubs and restaurants should all be open Sunday.

Buses and ferries typically stop running by 6 pm.

You might plan on dinner and drinks Sunday in Hamilton or somewhere near dockyard then get an early Start Monday morning to St George.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, cruisingpeople said:

Lenny, So sorry to hear that your year is not starting out better than you had hoped for. Unfortunately, we have no choice but to take the things that life sends our way and just have to try and make the best of it.

Thank you.Unfortunately it has been like this for me every year since 2013.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Guess we have been lucky, when we have cruised in September we have always had great weather.

Same here.  Maybe different with leaving from FL.  We cruise to Bermuda from Baltimore or Bayonne. 

May is nice weather but if you want to swim or snorkel water can still be a bit chilly in the 60s.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Our itinerary is a little different then yours. Ours arrives In Bermuda on Sunday at 3pm and leaves on Tuesday 3pm.(48 hours) Yours arrives on Monday at 3pm and leaves on Tuesday at 3pm.(24 hours)

Most likely though lots of places in Bermuda on Sunday will be closed in less some stay open because a cruise ship is overnighting. Probably not know until we get there.

Actually, the itinerary says arrive 2 Oct at 8am, lv 3 Oct at 3pm. 
That gives us a little longer. And since it’s Wednesday and Thursday, everything should be open. 
I hope I can find something that will show me the island with minimal walking!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Same here.  Maybe different with leaving from FL.  We cruise to Bermuda from Baltimore or Bayonne. 

May is nice weather but if you want to swim or snorkel water can still be a bit chilly in the 60s.

Yes, In May the water was really cold. When we did the Hartley Underwater Sea Walk, we did it with pouring warm water in our wet suits. Was a fun excursion. This was years ago though.

Water in September should be much better, just like it is at the Long Beach Island in September, Beautiful !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Jagsfan - Mimi and Jimbo- You have  gotten my attention regarding a cruise to Bermuda from Florida.

Can you give me some info about these cruises?

Where do they sail from in Fl and how long are the cruises? Do they include other ports?

We have sailed on Celebrity from Bayonne to Bermuda and enjoyed those cruises, but they sail mostly in the Summer months. I looked at RCCL to Bermuda from Bayonne, but they seem to be only five day cruises.

Since we sometimes visit FL in the Fall, I was thinking a cruise similar to the ones you posted about may be good for us.

Thank you !

MJ🙋🏻

We have never been to Bermuda, and Dick actually found this, typed up a fancy certificate and gave it to me for Christmas. So I have one to look forward to after our Feb Wonder cruise. 
I have a lot of  research to do, so we can see as much as possible, considering my lack of stamina for walking. 

9C3FC99C-ACD7-478B-935A-6F375A22AAC8.jpeg

550CCDF6-5054-4885-9C34-3B48182184AC.jpeg

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

You reminded me to clean out my pantry….had an excess of the “wrong” size cans

EE368D94-537F-46C1-B9E9-10669961A1A7.jpeg

Make sure to toss any canned Sauerkraut, too! 😀 (Public Service Announcement) 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Make sure to toss any canned Sauerkraut, too! 😀 (Public Service Announcement) 

I made sure I used the one can of sauerkraut before I headed to Florida for the Winter!😉

I saw that I have a jar of sauerkraut here in the Condo.  I will never buy another can of sauerkraut again!  😁

• Haha 7