Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 4/24/2023 at 9:41 PM, Sea Dog said:

Success! I could not be happier.

IMG_1463.thumb.jpeg.fad7b87ebe1c6850c677115ef0adac65.jpeg

Looks great. What’s the yearly maintenance consist of?

On 4/25/2023 at 9:08 AM, aussielozzie18 said:

Public holiday today and a lovely day weather wise in Sydney for the Dawn Services and other remembrance services held for ANZAC Day.

My FIL served and this photo was taken in Martin Place in Sydney CBD, before he boarded a troop ship departing Sydney.799C62FA-229B-4A9E-821B-4D7FA65EC201.thumb.jpeg.b11f6d5f6a47cecbc2518f3e63de7364.jpeg

Happy ANZAC Day.

20 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

thanks Judy, we just made it, finally, to Marrakech…

The wifi is very weak… we wanted to experience “living like a local”… and that’s what we got…

beside, it is HOT — 100-102F 😰😰😰

Glad that you made it to Marrakech. Enjoy the well deserved vacation.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Fireworks get to me every time.  This was the finale.  I hope you can watch the video okay

We also love fireworks. The pictures and video are great.  We always stay next door at the Hale Koa and we missed them. 🙁

10 hours ago, sgmn said:

Really upset this morning. 

Checked the baby Robins first thing on the cam as normal, to find that at 3.30 this morning a cat (not ours) got into the greenhouse and the nest is now on the floor empty. 😔

Another pic from the camera shows mummy robin sadly looking at her empty nest. 

Devastated....they were only a few days from fledging 

Mother Nature can be cruel sometimes....

That sucks. Poor babies and mom.

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

The severe arthritis is painful when I stand up or move with limited mobility and why I have been offered a replacement but I am putting off as long as I can having 5 cruises booked that I want to go on.

That makes sense. I was thinking it was bone on bone which would be very painful.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Keksie said:

Right now Blue bell has an Oatmeal Cream Pie flavor.  My new favorite!  I do miss the bluebonnets.

That’s sounds interesting.

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

For @dani negreanu and others who asked about the return air vent grill for our kitchen remodel. We had one made ,also paint color matches the rest of the cabinets on that wall.

Turned out really nice. 🙂

20230323_084259.thumb.jpg.6be34bb4b2ae1d4618275086e841e6b5.jpg

20230426_093626.thumb.jpg.51aef8a2a0bcee44ec20a5ba975ca707.jpg

When you said it matched the cabinets I thought what the heck does he not see. Then I saw the second picture. It’s beautiful.

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That's correct, except if you buy it on the very last night when they just let everyone take it with them. 

Smart idea.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:
On 4/24/2023 at 8:41 PM, Sea Dog said:

Looks great. What’s the yearly maintenance consist of?

Basically they will come out and power brush and put down any fill pellets if needed for $300. I Will basically leaf blow any leaves, twigs and debris off it. Pretty low maintenance.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, sgmn said:

Really upset this morning. 

Checked the baby Robins first thing on the cam as normal, to find that at 3.30 this morning a cat (not ours) got into the greenhouse and the nest is now on the floor empty. 😔

Another pic from the camera shows mummy robin sadly looking at her empty nest. 

Devastated....they were only a few days from fledging 

Mother Nature can be cruel sometimes....

So sorry, Sue.  Something got into the nest in our backyard about 2 weeks ago...

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

From one fireworks lover to another... really nice pictures!

I too love fireworks.  Beautiful, Helen! @FromSea2ShiningSea

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

We also love fireworks. The pictures and video are great.  We always stay next door at the Hale Koa and we missed them. 🙁

I hope you catch it next time you visit.  Here’s one for you and Mike.

1182C0E8-7FCE-4BF9-9C21-252A323F65F0.thumb.jpeg.595bae9b67afd4c690849916fe7e54d6.jpeg

John @Ozark_Kid Sorry I didn’t answer your question about the water temperature.  I was told that it is cool but nice when you first get in, certainly not cold and it is very pleasant after that.

See you real soon. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

For @dani negreanu and others who asked about the return air vent grill for our kitchen remodel. We had one made ,also paint color matches the rest of the cabinets on that wall.

Turned out really nice. 🙂

20230323_084259.thumb.jpg.6be34bb4b2ae1d4618275086e841e6b5.jpg

20230426_093626.thumb.jpg.51aef8a2a0bcee44ec20a5ba975ca707.jpg

Love it, Jimbo.  Very pretty!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Made it to Orlando. We have a few hours to kill before dinner and decided to go to the Orlando Vineland Premium Outlets for a little shopping. Went into this store and thought of

you Graham @grapau27.

IMG_0502.thumb.jpeg.0df8572a7bda6a48cc57066484bf22b5.jpeg

Thank you Bob.

I have several polo shirts and caps from this store as well as the Ralph Lauren tops from the RL outlet.

Vineland Premium outlets is one of our favourite outlets.

The Longhorn steakhouse nearby is our go to when we are in Lake Buena vista.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, sgmn said:

Our ocean view guarentee room has just been assigned for our med sector of the world cruise. Third floor right at the back, think its under the Main DR 🤷‍♀️

Pack earplugs.  Test a few and find the most comfortable before you leave.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We are headed down to Orlando today.  Our younger daughter will turn 25 on Friday.  She's the one that used to dance competitively and now coaches a couple of dance teams.  They have a competition this weekend at the Hilton Orlando/Convention Center.  She flies in early tomorrow morning but the competition doesn't start until Friday morning, so we'll pick her up at the airport and head to Universal Studios for the day tomorrow.  She wants to see the new(ish) Harry Potter area.  Since we won't get to the park until around 11:00, I figured we'd better get Express Passes so that we're not waiting in line for hours.  3 Adult tickets plus 3 Express Passes (separate from the ticket) is like taking out a mortgage on a house.  Wow.

Micheline will also give her this to wear at the competition on Friday...her actual birthday.  Since we won't be at the competition, she's told the other coaches to make sure that she wears it. Parenting can be fun. 😁

Amazon.com: BRT Bearingshui 25th Birthday Sash and Tiara for Women, Rose Gold Birthday Sash Crown 25 & Fabulous Sash and Tiara for Women, 25th Birthday Gifts for Happy 25th Birthday Party Favor Supplies : Home & Kitchen

image.png.1287362841f29562d23d139ac8a123bc.png

Happy 25th birthday on Friday for your dear younger daughter Bob.

Graham.

Happy-25th-Birthday-Gif_09_wordsjustforyou_160421.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/26/2023 at 6:48 AM, h20skibum said:

Saw this while out for our afternoon walk.  K-9 training and handling in progress. 

IMG_7111.thumb.jpeg.7ec5624d6427049e02ea48da76405582.jpeg

There is a local kennel that specializes in raising and training K-9s.  (German shepherds, Belgian Malinois, Dutch shepherds). They offer a 3 month training class for trainers, and a 1 month class for handlers.  We have seen them training in different areas around the county, to simulate real world environments.  

I think this is where many departments, across the country, get their k-9s and their training. The award for furthest traveled today goes to Colorado Springs, Co.  Also saw units from Missouri, Illinois, Ohio, and of course Pennsylvania. 

It is interesting to see them work. 

This would be very interesting to watch.  We have a border collie/German shepherd cross and one trainer we used had Max doing amazing manoeuvres after only 3 training sessions.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

@NHProud I want to thank you for bringing up smell training and Covid. I was hesitant to try but I am glad I did. I started using the essential oils four weeks ago and have shown some improvement in both taste and smell. Still a long way to go but happy to actually enjoy smelling my hyacinths and tulips. 

I ended up buying a kit from the Smell Project. Amazon carries it cheaper than the projects website. There is another I saw from an organization called “abscent. I thought that one had a cute name lol. Their website had some really good videos for anyone going through loss of taste and smell. 

Thanks for being the “push” I needed. 😀

3CA24535-CA84-4F45-B2BF-A7F72C527499.thumb.jpeg.875c9083ad169d3a21f99c171253ff65.jpeg

40AF2DE8-66F8-43FA-A930-B8A2EF181320.thumb.jpeg.74763d99040664adf94411250d35e75c.jpeg

8F6EAEA9-815B-4691-8D46-197C5FE4B73B.thumb.jpeg.be82e80a2c05af8333dab87c21723a58.jpeg

E393D5CD-F432-4404-A596-95A569EDD678.thumb.jpeg.84e2bf19f0aa0bf163c161a2a5e49a1d.jpeg

673F9468-EBD7-42A9-ACC7-A39EB4E2A5C1.thumb.jpeg.bf752bbf25ac18b89d3c57b07cdd5bdf.jpeg

That is good news ! Glad it worked for you .  

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 2

@reallyitsmema  I sincerely hope you get your full sense of smell back.  Interesting to read about your purchase.

@ReneeFLL Glad your flood damage was minor.  I feel for your neighbours who lost more.  

Watched a video this week of a dog that worked out how to use the ice dispenser on the fridge…

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, NHProud said:

That is good news ! Glad it worked for you .  

I have never used essential oils so I went with the kit with the directions.  Kind of like essential oils for dummies lol  I knew not to just sniff the actual oil bottle but not what else to do, so this worked.

I saw the original post, so responding to that. 🙂 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was thinking that if that was mine there would soon be nothing left.... and then I saw the second picture.

Do you use utensils for pizza?  Curious to what your forefathers would say to pizza etiquette.

59 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Pack earplugs.  Test a few and find the most comfortable before you leave.

Micheline highly recommends these. She won’t travel without them. Comfortable and block out a lot of noises, like snoring for example. 😉

https://www.amazon.com/Macks-Pillow-Soft-Silicone-Earplugs/dp/B07G1MWHNR/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Do you use utensils for pizza?  Curious to what your forefathers would say to pizza etiquette.

Not at home because I have easy access to washing my hands when finished but I often times do use utensils if eating out. Though I do think it probably looks odd.

• Like 2