Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Have you tried the Neural Filters yet?  There are several options.  I used colorized on the following black and white pic taken in the 50's of my older brother and sister.  It took about 5 or ten minutes to get it to look like this! Amazing to me.  I love the skin tone. Could of done better but it was a quick try.

8x10-2-BobSue.thumb.jpg.6a856e753433803d8667cb238f3b253b.jpg

Nice.  I'm just getting into some of the newer features myself.

Here is an old picture of my grandfather when he was a kid.  I restored this about 10 years ago, but just played with the neural colorizing feature to come up with a color version.

Original

image.png.85df32976ea76201ddd154c4bae05358.png

Restored

image.png.bfc2f6e9833ed3c9d14b8a0e2a1eed0b.png

Colorizing filter (Default Settings)

image.png.6d27583ca8396e1053311f9a893057aa.png

Getting rid of all the folds and defects in the original would be a MUCH quicker process now than it was 10 years ago.

dp

• Like 17

50 minutes ago, dpostman said:

Nice.  I'm just getting into some of the newer features myself.

Here is an old picture of my grandfather when he was a kid.  I restored this about 10 years ago, but just played with the neural colorizing feature to come up with a color version.

Original

image.png.85df32976ea76201ddd154c4bae05358.png

Restored

image.png.bfc2f6e9833ed3c9d14b8a0e2a1eed0b.png

Colorizing filter (Default Settings)

image.png.6d27583ca8396e1053311f9a893057aa.png

Getting rid of all the folds and defects in the original would be a MUCH quicker process now than it was 10 years ago.

dp

Isn't it crazy good how colorize works.  You may of noticed that the Nueral Filters has a picture restore feature to remove cracks.  I didn't have as much luck with it but the cracks in the picture I tried it on were really deep separated cracks.  To get rid of the background cracks I used to just cut out the subject and replace the background. 

• Like 4

On 7/14/2023 at 6:12 AM, Sea Dog said:

Thanks Graham. Took her to get checked in at 5:30am and came back home to let the dogs out. I’ll head back to hospital in an hour. Surgery should take about an hour and 15 minutes. She’s not nervous but I didn’t sleep at all last night. Got about 2 hours sleep. Looks like today after I get her home we will both be sleeping. Thank you for your care. Wish I could say my knee pain is better but it’s not.

Thanks Sue. Everything should go well. I know she is glad to be having this surgery done. She has had so much pain in her hand.

Sea Dog, Ref knee pain: There's a poster on CC nicknamed Tree_skier. He recently described pretty significant reduction in knee pain; he mentioned that he had lost weight, took turmeric and glucosamine condroitin, and was advised ref low impact exercise. I will try to find his post. He mentioned that his doctor had told him to postpone knee replacement as long as he could bear it. Recent hike in WA state - pain free.💕

Edited by Etta1213
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

Sea Dog, Ref knee pain: There's a poster on CC nicknamed Tree_skier. He recently described pretty significant reduction in knee pain; he mentioned that he had lost weight, took turmeric and glucosamine condroitin, and was advised ref low impact exercise. I will try to find his post. He mentioned that his doctor had told him to postpone knee replacement as long as he could bear it. Recent hike in WA state - pain free.💕

Yes I have been in contact with him and we have discussed both his issues and mine.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, George C said:

Dallas should hit 108 today , pool water not that refreshing.

I finished a lab appointment, food shopping in 2 stores by 9am to beat this infernal heat.  No end in sight, no rain for at least the next 10 days.  I can only imagine the pool water temp.

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Debbi, Brillo is doing fine.  She works night shift.  Example I texted to make sure its OK to post she is working and she responded at 3:38am.  I know her humor is still fine. I sent her a 2004  picture of my daughters eating cookies and she laughed and warned of games played.

Lakeside2004-152LighthouseCookies.jpg.aaf3125b4499c519a9b4162ad7703ef5.jpg

John, thanks for the update! Glad Debbi is ok.  Lovely pic of your daughters.  I don't think games will be played with that lolly, unlike others that have been posted previously. 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, George C said:

Dallas should hit 108 today , pool water not that refreshing.

I heard on the news today that the temp in Rome (Italy) should hit 107°F. I can't imagine being a tourist there with that kind of heat.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I heard on the news today that the temp in Rome (Italy) should hit 107°F. I can't imagine being a tourist there with that kind of heat.

I saw that and the same for Greece with them also having wild fires. That's why I prefer to see Europe in the early fall

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I finished a lab appointment, food shopping in 2 stores by 9am to beat this infernal heat.  No end in sight, no rain for at least the next 10 days.  I can only imagine the pool water temp.

John, thanks for the update! Glad Debbi is ok.  Lovely pic of your daughters.  I don't think games will be played with that lolly, unlike others that have been posted previously. 😉

When she texted back she said you are so sweet to worry about her.  I agreed.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

We were in Rome 7 years ago in mid September visiting the Vatican no air , no fans , wife who is great shape had to sit and rest . Will never visit southern Europe in summer . Did Europe in March a long time ago and weather was perfect .

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I saw that and the same for Greece with them also having wild fires. That's why I prefer to see Europe in the early fall

Phoenix AZ forcast for the next 10 days temps between 112⁰F to 117⁰F.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Phoenix AZ forcast for the next 10 days temps between 112⁰F to 117⁰F.

Everyone always say though, in AZ that is a dry heat..............so which is hotter? AZ or Texas? on NJ's humidity heat?

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Everyone always say though, in AZ that is a dry heat..............so which is hotter? AZ or Texas? on NJ's humidity heat?

Humid hear too.  Current temp 87⁰ F RealFeal 109⁰  76% humidity.   So temps don't always reflects how it feels.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Humid hear too.  Current temp 87⁰ F RealFeal 109⁰  76% humidity.   So temps don't always reflects how it feels.

78 degrees here feels like 81 degrees.........got to love the Blue Ridge Mountains around us. 🙂

Humidity here today is only 47%

Air Quality Index

Moderate

Air quality is acceptable; however, for some pollutants there may be a moderate health concern for a very small number of people who are unusually sensitive to air pollution.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

78 degrees here feels like 81 degrees.........got to love the Blue Ridge Mountains around us. 🙂

Humidity here today is only 47%

Air Quality Index

Moderate

Air quality is acceptable; however, for some pollutants there may be a moderate health concern for a very small number of people who are unusually sensitive to air pollution.

I’m just wondering how your planning for your Greenland cruise is going .  I have a friend who is cruising to Greenland and Iceland from Southampton in September.  I’ve mentioned to you before that another friend found the excursions in Greenland lacking . 

I canceled the cruise you’re on for a Pacific coastal and there is only one excursion in Santa Barbara and you have to call to book it . There are no excursions in Astoria and the Los Angeles ones are very expensive.  It is a good thing that I lived in LA for 9 years and so familiar with area and Santa Barbara. 

We disembark in San Diego ( home port ) and many continue on through the Panma Canal. 

Since many are doing a weather report here’s mine for San Diego: 

Temperature : 85° F 

Humidity.      : 54% 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Today's weather:

Day

7/18
106°Hi
RealFeel® 111°
RealFeel Shade™ 104°
Hot with blazing sunshine; breezy this afternoon; danger of dehydration and heatstroke if outside for extended periods of time

Take care in that heat ☀️

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Today's weather:

Day

7/18
106°Hi
RealFeel® 111°
RealFeel Shade™ 104°
Hot with blazing sunshine; breezy this afternoon; danger of dehydration and heatstroke if outside for extended periods of time

Well Bonnie, looks like if you go out, find some shade so it only feels like 104⁰ 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

That must be a thing this year (cars and garage doors).  My son was in a rush 3 months ago to load up and take my grandson to camp at school.  He left the rear trunk up on his Tesla X, and crushed the deck lid and garage door that was up at the time.  

Garage door is fixed, but he is still waiting on a new deck lid for his Tesla.  That is one expensive part.

ouch

• Like 1