Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Dinner tonight in CK.

I had the Grilled Mediterranean Octopus and the Braised Short Rib. Mike had the Grilled Duck Breast and Tomato Mozzarella. Everything was very good.

Saw a show tonight with Martin Brock, a magician and comedian. I would recommend it.

20231129_201422.thumb.jpg.60f7598f4228e22daf048ba6bd260419.jpg

20231129_202437.thumb.jpg.d1a12c7079a01293badf48f246dfecdb.jpg

20231129_201435.thumb.jpg.7a6233c7507c45b35257277505637c46.jpg

20231129_202444.thumb.jpg.88358f3b11f88d617db31a8e84cc2e0c.jpg

• Like 14

On 11/29/2023 at 9:01 AM, sgmn said:

Yesterday was our weekly babysitting  day with our 2yr 8mth grandson.  He has a cold and cough but initially looked pretty much OK as just had his baby medicine and inhaler. But we decided to miss out on our normal music class and play ground visit due to the cold. But we did feed the ducks, probably a mistake as he was running around for a few minutes in the cold air. Things went downhill as the day progressed and it ended up in A@E and overnight stay in hospital as his wheezing had started again and the Dr's need to monitor his oxygen when he is sleeping. 

Sending you our best wishes for your grandsons health Sue.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/29/2023 at 9:57 AM, CSHS1979 said:

Initial cost for entire UWC was $59K pp, dbl occupancy.

When they released the 17 mini legs it dropped by almost half, but all the included benefits became ala Carte. We stayed with original booking. MB said about 12 families rebooked

I hope you are all well Laura.

• Like 3

What a PIA. Today is checkin day for our January Grandeur cruise, and it will not let me checkin on my computer, have to do it on my phone.  I do not like having to type on my phone, but I had no choice.  Only good part is scanning the passport instead of typing the info, although i have that stored in a word document. and I could copy/paste the info 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Greg, how do you feel?

Thanks for asking. The the whole pretty good. This knee is responding better than my first knee replacement. I leave here shortly for my first post op with the surgeon but first having a cat scan this morning on my groin to see if I have a hernia. I also have some numbness in my other leg on the outer thigh. My doctor thinks it’s meralgia paraesthetica from a constricted nerve. Hopefully it will go away with time. So all and all I am getting there. Still tough to sleep at night with some pain issues but I’m off the Oxycodone and I am walking without a cane and I can drive. One day at a time.

• Like 27

41 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Greg, how do you feel?

Thanks for asking. On the whole pretty good. This knee is responding better than my first knee replacement. I leave here shortly for my first post op with the surgeon but first having a cat scan this morning on my groin to see if I have a hernia. I also have some numbness in my other leg on the outer thigh. My doctor thinks it’s meralgia paraesthetica from a constricted nerve. Hopefully it will go away with time. So all and all I am getting there. Still tough to sleep at night with some pain issues but I’m off the Oxycodone and I am walking without a cane and I can drive. One day at a time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

My doctor thinks it’s meralgia paraesthetica from a constricted nerve. Hopefully it will go away with time.

Some good and some bad news...

I had a strong pain in the groin, bending me in two, drs thought it came from the back, turns out it was the above upper thigh, refused to go away until I was prescribed Lyrica, and then also it took time....

Hoping for you it will go away 🤞

• Like 6

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

Some good and some bad news...

I had a strong pain in the groin, bending me in two, drs thought it came from the back, turns out it was the above upper thigh, refused to go away until I was prescribed Lyrica, and then also it took time....

Hoping for you it will go away 🤞

Thanks I will ask my doctor about that. Just got back from the Cat scan. I hated drinking two bottles of that barium. Yucky tasting and then they put a IV in me of dye for some other imaging. My stomach feels horrible right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I also have some numbness in my other leg on the outer thigh. My doctor thinks it’s meralgia paraesthetica from a constricted nerve. Hopefully it will go away with time. 

I once had numbness on one side of my right thumb that was due to nerve trauma from grasping a retractor during a surgical case while I was a medical student. It took 1.5 years for the nerve to recover and the numbness to resolve.

• Like 4

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

I once had numbness on one side of my right thumb that was due to nerve trauma from grasping a retractor during a surgical case while I was a medical student. It took 1.5 years for the nerve to recover and the numbness to resolve.

My doctor thought it could have happened lying on the operating table during surgery and the nerves got constricted.

My doctor brother says it can be relieved by using a ultrasound and injecting some sort of liquid into the nerve. Not sure I understand all that but he says he does it all the time with great success. He has a good friend here who did my knee injections who he said can do it. I have my first post op appointment today and will talk to them about it.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I need to avoid CC on Wednesdays. 😡

I read what happened last night just now. Meanwhile Lisa is watching it while eating lunch.  I’m not going to say a word to her, other than you all here found it to be a good tribal. 

image.thumb.jpg.c96c898863c279e1119af85deeab1d2c.jpg

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I read what happened last night just now. Meanwhile Lisa is watching it while eating lunch.  I’m not going to say a word to her, other than you all here found it to be a good tribal. 

Nice looking tree!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

What a beautiful, serene picture!

• Like 3