Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

@FromSea2ShiningSea You will be proud I've been seriously working on the list this cruise. This is my last night unfortunately. 

Mastercard 

20231227_183914.thumb.jpg.651aee5a18b440b7817be2a34ed9351f.jpg

Goombay Smash

20231227_203608.thumb.jpg.2958f8756bb7dfc9baeec7f20a560ce9.jpg

Buttery Nipple 

20231226_200214.thumb.jpg.fb541c73c1310e8d4516701beb0ffe99.jpg

Blue Hawaii 

20231226_192735.thumb.jpg.39618cde41e0bb97566186dbef24a412.jpg

Papa Jac

20231229_174355.thumb.jpg.6449324bf8357e7b58fe6bdd1e0858d3.jpg

Good job, Renee! The bag looks familiar. Did we see that on Jewel? I think there was one that you were interested in but then it was gone because someone had bought it.

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks. Yes I do believe it's from John. Helen and I tried to make headway on our TA and British Isles cruises several months ago, but I think we both failed miserably. At least I know I did.

Yes, that is John’s list. No matter how I try, I cannot make any headways. I am a total lightweight. We’ll see how we do on Icon.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

@mo&fran Sorry I forgot to answer your question about Linda she doing pretty good. The nerve block is starting to wear off but her pain is around a 3 so she’s surprised it’s not worse. Fingers crossed it doesn’t get too bad.

Hopefully she can stay ahead of the pain and it stays around a 3 or less.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Keksie said:

Under Cruise Discussion Topics, Ask a Cruise Question, Help Looking for useful suggestions/tips/tricks

Big fun!

Thanks.  I went in and was sorry Renee's post was poofed.

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Someone is extremely proud & very passionate about packing lightly and smartly fitting everything they need in life in a small carry-on. 😉 

Too bad they are not as economical in the amount of words they use in a post as they are with the amount of clothing they pack.😄

Sadly, fairy dust has been sprinkled & posts have poofed.

That is some war of words in there.  I liked your last post.  Glad I was able to read it before it was poofed although I see no reason that would happen.

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I know it is in Ocean County but not exactly where.I know people living in Rome,NY and Denver,NY.

Great weather in LI today😀

Lenny, Florida NY is in Orange County near Middletown NY and borders parts of Northern NJ. It's on the way to the Catskills.

@ReneeFLL Renee, it looks like you made quite a dent in your drink list.  Quite impressive and I also love your purses.  Very artistic. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Ate at Hibachi tonight. 

Sushi to start followed by Miso Soup. 

IMG_2941.thumb.jpeg.4bc74c7e82fc8433d31bb2b38772656c.jpeg

IMG_2945.thumb.jpeg.789c05aeba5cc46150a4ea0ec5d0899c.jpeg

I had the salmon, chicken, beef and shrimp. The made me have all the proteins. 

IMG_2948.thumb.jpeg.19f309babc17503c78ac3da8cf94f1b8.jpeg

After we went to the white party. It was inside due to the chance that f rain. 

IMG_2952.thumb.jpeg.836714644c72ff7a72d559ec5f90d0ff.jpeg

• Like 14

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Yes, that is John’s list. No matter how I try, I cannot make any headways. I am a total lightweight. We’ll see how we do on Icon.

Give yourself some credit. That is a pretty aggressive list, not for the faint-of-heart. 

Not to brag, but I love to drink, especially when on vacation. And I might need 2-5 or more cruises to complete that list.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We came back to our room, and we had evening turndown. Even chocolates on the bed. Not sure if every room category gets this but it’s been a long time since we’ve had this on the ship. 

IMG_3310.thumb.jpeg.d0c8e1af5363f0e9189e948e2e4bc718.jpeg

No towel animal?

However, chocolate is better. Can't eat a towel animal. 😉

Edited by HBE4
  • Haha 7

Last 2 drinks of this cruise. Another Mastercard and a Long Island Tea. Brrr! It's going to be in the high 40's when we dock tomorrow. All I have are some short sleeve shirts and capris to wear off the ship. Not going to wear my slinky dress pants so I'm going to be cold. 🥶

20231229_191625.thumb.jpg.d64fb57af693d699197579e0cddbf8da.jpg

20231229_182916.thumb.jpg.b1bf0a09fec499b19bf5dc9a5b5e55af.jpg

• Like 15

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thanks.  I went in and was sorry Renee's post was poofed.

That is some war of words in there.  I liked your last post.  Glad I was able to read it before it was poofed although I see no reason that would happen.

Lenny, Florida NY is in Orange County near Middletown NY and borders parts of Northern NJ. It's on the way to the Catskills.

@ReneeFLL Renee, it looks like you made quite a dent in your drink list.  Quite impressive and I also love your purses.  Very artistic. 

That was a typo on my part.I meant to type Orange.

11 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Will a  free trial on Paramount Plus get me the Philadelphia Eagles/ Arizona Cardinals game this Sunday.

I never bought the NFL package this year because every game up until now was a National game here is Southwest Virginia.

Otherwise might hang around a bar for 3 and half hours and that is along time to just stay there.

So will just getting the  free trial give me access to the game? Not sure how Paramount Plus works?

I am no expert, but it usually defaults to the local channel where we live.  In September we were in the Airstream in Arkansas, and it defaulted to the local Little Rock channel for live tv.  We were able to watch the Chiefs game.  Other than that it is just like any other streaming service they have a backlog of shows that you can watch on demand.  If you like Star Trek it is particularly good, as it usually has all of the various versions of all of the shows on demand.  Including the new ones.  Since, we can’t easily get the local channel with an antenna, and even when we can ( a bit of a try and do til it comes in, we can’t record it, and I watch almost nothing important live) it is really the only option for us to watch CBS shows.  I like 4 shows, Survivor, Amazing Race, Ghosts, and NFL.  Wife likes 60 minutes and the Sunday morning show.  I hate commies, so I rarely watch those.  I do like the new Star Trek shows which you can only really watch on Paramount Plus.  

I think during your free trial time, you will get everything that is available.  Just look for the live tv sidebar.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Keksie said:

@ReneeFLLyou are my hero.  

Thanks, I don’t know why people are like that.

7 hours ago, HBE4 said:

+1

@ReneeFLL said everything I was thinking but was afraid to write. LOL.

And you were right, a general, helpful tips/tricks/hacks thread should be just that, people sharing what works for them. There is no right or wrong. Why that certain person felt the need to turn it into a competitive sport is beyond me but I've seen them do it on other threads as well. Always right & needing to get the last word in. *sigh*, I guess not everyone can be as wonderful as us. 😀😉😇

. And kudo's to you for sticking to your guns in a very diplomatic way.

Did it disappear or am I just not seeing it? I was wanting to say more, but I bit my tongue. 

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks, I don’t know why people are like that.

Did it disappear? I was wanting to say more, but I bit my tongue. 

Sadly, yes it did. But I think you got all of your valid points across. 👍

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Is Ghosts back on? ☺️

Is it any good? I've seen advertisements for Ghost UK. Probably imported the show to fill the gap due to the writers strike.  Seems to have pushed a lot of shows back 6-12 months. 

4 hours ago, mo&fran said:

More good news.  I had my first ENT appointment yesterday. He said his visual inspection of my throat shows no sign of the cancer. He will monitor every couple of months. He said it could take a year for all of the after effects of the radiation to go away. 

While I was in treatment, they stopped and I received 2 units of blood. When I returned, the oncologist did a blood test and ordered another of blood.  Earlier this week I had another test, and the oncologist said it is looking good and no more blood. 

Apparently  the treatment affected the bone marrow.

I guess these are all good signs.

That’s great news.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Is it any good? I've seen advertisements for Ghost UK. Probably imported the show to fill the gap due to the writers strike.  Seems to have pushed a lot of shows back 6-12 months. 

Ghosts US is really funny, and we enjoy it. 

We used to love Being Human, British version. The US Version was a poor imitation. In this case, we enjoy (US) Ghosts. Young couple buys mansion to turn it into an Airbnb. Ghosts make up most of the cast. She can see them, but he can't. Lighthearted comedy. Even at $300/month, we don't watch much TV but enjoy it. ☺️

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, mets07 said:

Beautiful view of Manhattan this evening from the Chart House restaurant in New Jersey. I know I have posted pics from here before.  

20231229_185335.thumb.jpg.6b55d5095d0a98f236ef57ddbd6157c6.jpg

I haven't been to the Chart House in decades....ions...forever.  I need to get back there. Love that view. Best place to see NYC skyline is from NJ.

EDIT:  Just call me Captain Obvious.  Can't really see the NYC skyline while in NYC. 😜

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

The aunt of a future grand son-in-law just died in a cruise. I didn’t ask what ship, but it happened after Christmas Eve. 

That’s terrible. I’m so sorry to hear that. 

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

When I have more time,  maybe I post a reply. I wasn't kidding when I said Renee wrote exactly I was thinking. I won't be able to duplicate Renee's style but maybe the spirit of her gone-to-soon post.

You did a very good job.

Just now, DaniDanielle said:

I agree too!  Really cute bag.

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, aussielozzie18 said:

@ReneeFLL  Would love you to post photos of all 4 handbags if you feel inclined - at some point.  Do any cruise lines sell them on board?  If not, they should.

I have seen them on the Allure, Jewel and now the Adventure. I’ll check the Icon and Odyssey next month and February. I don’t remember seeing them on the Odyssey last month, but I didn’t look. I’ll post a picture after we get home.

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

I normally do as well.I posted a picture in the Floataway Lounge from about 30 years ago.

I guess I didn’t see it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1