Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I spent the last 2 days taking down Christmas.  I have a box of Christmas discards too.  We have a hallmark ornament for every year we’ve been married, 44 plus more. Unfortunately I dropped 1999 yesterday.  Boohoo.  The top broke off.  I ordered off Amazon a clear plastic ball to put it in so I can save what’s left. 

DH got the outside Christmas put away and is draining, cleaning and refilling the hot tub today.  Almost 60 here but will freeze by tomorrow night so it’s a good time to do it.  The kids and grands used it a lot over Christmas so it was time.  

All the snow sounds pretty but I’ll take the warmth here while it lasts.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Sorry if I haven’t been around or kept up. Lots of things going on. Slowly deconstructing Christmas. Having a hernia makes it go a lot slower plus Linda is one armed so she can’t help much. I hope everyone is doing good. And happy cruising to all those currently on ships.

Take it easy!  

26 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

was just thinking of you both the other day. Slow and steady is the pace. 

Thank you Andrew. Yep I’m amazed how fast I run out of gas. The only things left are 3 trees, master bedroom garland and stair garland and of course outside. Hope to do a little each day.

25 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I spent the last 2 days taking down Christmas.  I have a box of Christmas discards too.  We have a hallmark ornament for every year we’ve been married, 44 plus more. Unfortunately I dropped 1999 yesterday.  Boohoo.  The top broke off.  I ordered off Amazon a clear plastic ball to put it in so I can save what’s left. 

DH got the outside Christmas put away and is draining, cleaning and refilling the hot tub today.  Almost 60 here but will freeze by tomorrow night so it’s a good time to do it.  The kids and grands used it a lot over Christmas so it was time.  

All the snow sounds pretty but I’ll take the warmth here while it lasts.

Love those Hallmark ornaments. We have a bunch too. I am sorry your ornament broke. I had one break and found a replacement on eBay.

24 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Take it easy!  

That’s my motto right now. Thank you.

• Like 3

While my daughter (today is her 37th birthday) and son in law in NJ are shoveling snow, I'm here in TX enjoying this wonderful sunny mid 50s weather.  So delightful, the only outerwear I needed was a light denim jacket worn open since it was so lovely outside.  When I ignore the occasional ice storms, tornadoes, hail, Dallas is really a great place to live.  Honest!

@dani negreanu Dani, I'm glad your grands are settling in nicely in Amsterdam, and that sirens are beginning to slow down where you are.

@Sea Dog Greg, slowly, slowly, after your hernia operation you'll be a tiger.  I hope Linda is doing well with pain management.

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

While my daughter (today is her 37th birthday) and son in law in NJ are shoveling snow, I'm here in TX enjoying this wonderful sunny mid 50s weather.  So delightful, the only outerwear I needed was a light denim jacket worn open since it was so lovely outside.  When I ignore the occasional ice storms, tornadoes, hail, Dallas is really a great place to live.  Honest!

@dani negreanu Dani, I'm glad your grands are settling in nicely in Amsterdam, and that sirens are beginning to slow down where you are.

@Sea Dog Greg, slowly, slowly, after your hernia operation you'll be a tiger.  I hope Linda is doing well with pain management.

Happy birthday to your daughter,Bonnie

• Like 1

Knew I shouldn’t have taken the captain drinking last night.  He is having trouble keeping a straight line.

IMG_6590.thumb.jpeg.8a7bca2548f9ae59c5169ea8afe49838.jpeg

And what is up with that Carnival ship jumping our wake?

IMG_6591.thumb.jpeg.8152e03e5acfb3d554490c9502de4c97.jpeg

• Haha 11

49 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

While my daughter (today is her 37th birthday) and son in law in NJ are shoveling snow, I'm here in TX enjoying this wonderful sunny mid 50s weather. 

Happy Birthday to your Daughter 💐     

They say we are currently 40f but it is quite breezy and feels much colder than 40 degrees.   11 more days and we will be in Sunny Florida (hopefully it will be warm and sunny).

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

She’s doing great . Hardly any pain at all. She starts therapy on Monday.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Would you mind also shoveling all of Manhattan?  I'd like to have no snow when we get there on Wednesday please.  Thanks. 😜

The long term forecast looks good for us right now...Thursday and Friday should be in the mid 40s and sunny.  I'll take it!

You're in luck. Temps in the 50's Tues & Wed along with a heavy rain storm Tuesday night should wash away any remaining snow along with most of the winter salt/grime that goes along with it.  The sidewalks will be sparkling.

5 hours ago, George C said:

I thought you were going to say you will wait till the snow melts 

That actually sounds like something I would say. 👍

According to my ruler, I had between 5 - 7 inches depending on where I measured. It was a heavy wet snow so it's possible there was more and it compacted.  My snow blower was able to easily handle it,

Unfortunately, Leonard refused to come outside so there was no chance to see his "Circle of Nope" in the snow.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Happy Birthday to your Daughter 💐     

They say we are currently 40f but it is quite breezy and feels much colder than 40 degrees.   11 more days and we will be in Sunny Florida (hopefully it will be warm and sunny).

I sure hope it will be sunny and warm when you are here, Debbie!  We've had rain and cool breezes, expecting showers off and on through Saturday.  I need sun to get some energy.  Jim and I got our RSV shots yesterday and I'm tired..I do think it's just the lack of sun 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

We also enjoy Dallas area have been here for more than 40 years, occasionally get annoyed with the politics since we are liberal and state is extremely conservative. Just came back from movies watched Iron Claw , true tragic story of a wrestling family, in one of the opening scenes one of the brothers was wearing a Jerry Jeff Walker T-shirt, we were huge fans and saw him about 30 times , he recently passed .

• Like 4

@Sea Dog Greg, sounds like Linda is doing very well.  I got some good advice when I started PT.  My therapist told me to take pain meds 30 minutes before starting a session after I moaned and groaned the first time without taking meds.  Of course, everyone's post surgery PT is different.  Just stating my experience.

• Like 4

Just now, BonTexasNY said:

@Sea Dog Greg, sounds like Linda is doing very well.  I got some good advice when I started PT.  My therapist told me to take pain meds 30 minutes before starting a session after I moaned and groaned the first time without taking meds.  Of course, everyone's post surgery PT is different.  Just stating my experience.

Yes that is advice I got for my first knee replacement and I always take a pain med before therapy and Linda will do the same. It does help.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

@lenquixote66 Lenny

@Sunshine3601 Debbie

@dani negreanu Dani

@Luckynana Maryann

@DaniDanielle Marietta

@h20skibum Mark

Thank you so much for your birthday wishes to Jennifer!

Happy birthday to your daughter.  My son turned 37 on Thursday.  Every Christmas, I think about 1986 when I was 8 3/4 months pregnant.  Getting cookies and the turkey in and out of the oven was an interesting experience.  I was also chasing a 2 1/2 year old who was so excited.  Luckily, Dave was a great help.  I’m sure you have similar remembrances.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ATG said:

Happy birthday to your daughter.  My son turned 37 on Thursday.  Every Christmas, I think about 1986 when I was 8 3/4 months pregnant.  Getting cookies and the turkey in and out of the oven was an interesting experience.  I was also chasing a 2 1/2 year old who was so excited.  Luckily, Dave was a great help.  I’m sure you have similar remembrances.

Thank you! Sweet memories for sure.  

• Like 1