Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Welcome home.   Food looks amazing.  That is one very large filet!   

@grapau27The steak looks very gray, or is it the lighting?

I like mine medium rare- was it a cook it yourself restaurant, looks like a hot stone perhaps?

Edited by c-leg5

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Welcome home.   Food looks amazing.  That is one very large filet!   

Was weather decent the whole cruise?   What would be the average temperature this time of year?

Thank you Debbie.

Average temperature was 70-77°F.

• Like 1

Looks like Odyssey and Liberty will be at Coco Cay together next Sunday. I've never been there except for a middle of the night clandestine crew exchange during covid. For those who have been there, will the place seem crowded with these two ship? If nothing else I hope it will at least lead to a good horn battle at the end of the day!🙂

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

Looks like Odyssey and Liberty will be at Coco Cay together next Sunday. I've never been there except for a middle of the night clandestine crew exchange during covid. For those who have been there, will the place seem crowded with these two ship? If nothing else I hope it will at least lead to a good horn battle at the end of the day!🙂

No, you will be fine. The Oasis pool may seem crowded, but plenty of space on the island.

We usually make a sharp left after the bridge and sit there. It is a quiet place. We also like to walk around and check out other spots, but that one is my first go to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

You’re absolutely right about it being so much easier years ago!  At least they’ve recently done away with the park reservation requirement.  I can’t offer much regarding Genie+ as we leave this up to my oldest to arrange; she’s a whiz at it.  I will say it’s worth it to purchase Lightning Lane. They’re much like a ride reservation, similar to the old Fast Pass system, except FP’s were free and now they’ve found a way to have you pay for it.  LL is definitely needed for any must-do and/or newer rides such as Tron and the Star Wars attractions. 
We have not stayed at Wilderness Lodge but have dined there. It’s a gorgeous resort.  I can also recommend Whispering Canyon Cafe right there, which is family style and a really fun, interactive experience that our grandsons (11 and 9 at the time) loved.  

Thanks for that.  My daughter did a lot of research before their first trip there, and did the genie+ and lightning lanes.  I know I will be picking her brain for recommendations.  I think with so many days there, and park hopper passes for those days, we will see what we want.  Plus, we will just take some time to enjoy the resort. 

Found these in the wedding book, and wondered if they are still good. 🤣🤣

IMG_0616.thumb.jpeg.588f4b893404913a7d8900b6ebb2aec6.jpeg

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

21 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Last time, we went to Coco Beach Club, but those prices are pretty high now.  At least it had a heated pool. 

We usually hang out at Harbor Beach.  It is pretty close to food venues.  Water there, and in the Oasis pool may be a little cool. 

IMG_0537.thumb.jpeg.a36d8accb3cb79c26119fcdaad57542a.jpeg

I think they need to update their map on the island to show the new adult places.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

No, you will be fine. The Oasis pool may seem crowded, but plenty of space on the island.

We usually make a sharp left after the bridge and sit there. It is a quiet place. We also like to walk around and check out other spots, but that one is my first go to.

Is that Chill Island? That’s where I think we will go 

16 minutes ago, RedSails1968 said:

Is that Chill Island? That’s where I think we will go 

A little before the actual Chill Island. It is behind the hammocks on the left. There is no swimming area, just rocks and a view of the ship. Lots of lounge chairs.  I don't know if it has a name or is part of Chill Island.

Are we on the same cruise? I would love to say hello.

Edited by Arzeena

11 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

A little before the actual Chill Island. It is behind the hammocks on the left. There is no swimming area, just rocks and a view of the ship. Lots of lounge chairs.  I don't know if it has a name or is part of Chill Island.

Are we on the same cruise? I would love to say hello.

Thanks, I will look for it. That’s so nice but no, we are on the Freedom on October 20. Just planning ahead. 😎

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

@Ocean Boy

OB, it seems we will miss you by one day in FLL?

We leave on the Symphony on the 4th.
I hope to see pictures......in sandals! 😁 Have a wonderful cruise!

Thank you and wishing you a wonderful cruise as well.🙂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Every time we have been there with two ships it did not seem crowded at all. Especially at the Coco Cay Beach Club. Now with the new area I imagine crowds will not be a issue at all.

1 hour ago, voyager70 said:

Unfortunately 😁

Or fortunately! 😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Or fortunately

I actually like the Chiefs, but sooo sick of the whole Kelce/T Swift media obsession. Never, ever been a fan of the Niners. Sorry to all the NorCal folks 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, voyager70 said:

I actually like the Chiefs, but sooo sick of the whole Kelce/T Swift media obsession. Never, ever been a fan of the Niners. Sorry to all the NorCal folks 🙂

Yes I wish the media would leave them alone. But I am very happy for them. Great love story.

• Like 1

@Sea Dog  Congrats to the Chiefs.  I really thought we were going to meet you in the Super Bowl.  Unfortunately, it was not meant to be.  So disappointed in our 2nd half collapse. 😞

Hope your knee is doing better and Linda is recovering well with her shoulder.

@lenquixote66  Were you the one who recommended Griselda on Netflix?  We're halfway through the series.  Wow, great acting by Sophia Vergara.  So intense!  

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes I wish the media would leave them alone. But I am very happy for them. Great love story.

I very rarely watch pro football but I did watch both games yesterday.

One of my son in laws grew up in a Baltimore suburb and is a huge Ravens fan.I have relatives who leave been living in Topeka,KS since 1975 who are fans of the Chiefs.I have friends from HS who have been living in Northern Calif for 50 years and my late BIL went to college in Michigan .

• Like 2

Just now, ValerieJo said:

@Sea Dog  Congrats to the Chiefs.  I really thought we were going to meet you in the Super Bowl.  Unfortunately, it was not meant to be.  So disappointed in our 2nd half collapse. 😞

@lenquixote66  Were you the one who recommended Griselda on Netflix?  We're halfway through the series.  Wow, great acting by Sophia Vergara.  So intense!  

Yes,I did .Not only was it the best acting ever in my opinion by Sophia Vergara but among the best all time acting performances of my lifetime.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ValerieJo said:

I feel bad for you and your team they had an incredible year. I really didn’t think the Chiefs would make it to the Superbowl. But as I heard today, never count out Mahomes and the heart of a champion.

Knee is doing ok but sleeping at night is an issue. Linda’s shoulder is doing great.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I very rarely watch pro football but I did watch both games yesterday.

One of my son in laws grew up in a Baltimore suburb and is a huge Ravens fan.I have relatives who leave been living in Topeka,KS since 1975 who are fans of the Chiefs.I have friends from HS who have been living in Northern Calif for 50 years and my late BIL went to college in Michigan .

You picked two great games to watch. Hopefully you will watch the Superbowl, it will be a great game.

• Like 2