Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

The kitchen is almost finished.   A few little touches and putting everything up and it will be finished.

After

20240209_163453.thumb.jpg.8f0532b1e740169fcffb5e78aef7a7bc.jpg

Beautiful, Karen!!!!  Enjoy your new kitchen!!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

There is no cure for two of the medical issues that I have,Venous Insufficiency and Parkinson’s.Both have gotten worse over the past year.

I took myself off the medications because the side effects are horrible and since the medications cannot cure the illnesses I have decided to live my life as long as it may be my way

I have had a wonderful life with many good friends.My father lived to age 85 with both of these illnesses and more.

Toby knows who the CC people are who I e-mail with and when I leave the planet or get to the point where I am unable to post on here.

Thank you to all those who have posted about me this past week.I sincerely appreciate your thoughts

Thank you for posting Lenny. So sorry that you suffer from so many ailments but  so glad that you are okay and that you have a procedure in place to let is know if things turn horrible.  Love your positive attitude 🙂

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

I asked them if they could add meat to the vegetarian so to make it a combo for me and they said no.  They didn’t have the meat ingredients in their supply for the day except for pepperoni.  I wanted everything on it so no combo for me on that day.

Oh wow. I didn't realize their supplies were THAT drastically limited. Obviously I know they can't be as stocked as a land-based place. But to just have the option of pepperoni, veggie, or cheese seems extreme.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Happy National Pizza Day!  This was from Sorrento’s on Icon.  It was absolute deliciousness but it would have been even more delicious if it had MEAT on it.  

IMG_8304.thumb.jpeg.6671f49f503f90b8f54d89e83b7ff035.jpeg

I wonder if they were making the pizza better for the inaugural cruise or if they will continue that? We were told by some of the staff that they were doing things better, but would go back to normal the next cruise. I'd be interested to here about the pizza.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Oh wow. I didn't realize their supplies were THAT drastically limited. Obviously I know they can't be as stocked as a land-based place. But to just have the option of pepperoni, veggie, or cheese seems extreme.

They do have other ingredients like bacon or chicken for the BBQ Chicken pizza or pineapple & bacon for the Caribbean pizza or ingredients for the Primavera pizza.  They just don’t have all these ingredients on hand.  Everyday, they have the usual cheese, pepperoni and a specialty pizza for the day and they are given the supplies they need for the day.  

5 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I wonder if they were making the pizza better for the inaugural cruise or if they will continue that? We were told by some of the staff that they were doing things better, but would go back to normal the next cruise. I'd be interested to here about the pizza.

I would like to think (or hope) this is their standard.  It all looked pretty normal to me.  I hope they continue making good pizza. 🍕

IMG_7321.thumb.jpeg.99e6b1d0b885f97343fa06eb064e1741.jpeg

This was the American Combo from the first night.  It had bacon & pepperoni 🍕

IMG_7322.thumb.jpeg.99d568174d9acf29662b2ef5deed32bd.jpeg

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

"Normal" As in not as high quality. 🙄 That seems a little deceptive. No wonder management and executives seem to think everything is hunky dory on their ships, food quality wise. 😄☺️

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Next weekend. She left today for an 8-night and I board the 17th for an 8-night. I'm planning on starting a report before I leave if people are interested.

Nice!  Love 8 nighters.   Yes, a report would be great 😊  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Rotten week you've had, Lenny.  We all on here are glad to hear from you!  Feel better!!!!🥰

Late this afternoon my BP spiked again.I called my doctor and he told me to take a higher dose of one of the medications I am taking.I had been taking a higher dose but it lowered my BP so much that my doctor changed it.I am going to try one more day on what I am taking currently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Thank you for posting Lenny. So sorry that you suffer from so many ailments but  so glad that you are okay and that you have a procedure in place to let is know if things turn horrible.  Love your positive attitude 🙂

I try to stay positive . I belong to a very caring Support Group and that has helped me greatly.

Thanks for your posts,H.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Will any of the 15 be cured?

Someday,hopefully.One is Ulcerative Colitis .I was diagnosed in 2004 .While I still have the illness I have not had it bad since 2013.I have to follow a diet and do not eat foods that can cause problems.I have had 7;skin cancer surgeries.Will there ever be a cure for that ,I do not know .I stay out of the sun whenever I am outside.I have Post Traumatic Vertigo I get attacks several times a year.I have Fuchs Dystrophy and will need a Corneal Transplant at some point .I have Occular Migraines and I am fine if I do not drink alcohol or eat chocolate.I have had many surgeries for Spinal Stenosis .I could go on but I think you understand my points of reference.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Arzeena said:

🥰Lenny,

I am happy to learn that you are OK.

I will never be okay but I try my very best to have a positive attitude .My family is very supportive .I have an Occupational Therapist who aside from being excellent is one of the most caring human beings I have ever met.

She has set goals for me to accomplish that I was certain I would never be able to do and somehow I have.She has increased my strength greatly.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I always joke that 3 great, revolutionary life-changing events occurred in 1964.

1) The Beatles came to America and revolutionized music.

2) Ford introduced the Mustang & revolutionized sporty cars for the younger generation.

3) I was born.

And in that order. 🤣

I was in college in 1964.I had a part time job working for Life Magazine.I had part time jobs every semester as well as every summer.Working for Life was the very best.

• Like 4

Since we are showing off our pizza pictures, these two are from the Symphony. They were OK. And I would have also liked some kind meat other than pepperoni. Pepperoni is a cat I know and I will never touch a pepperoni pizza. 

20240209_211329.jpg

20240209_211335.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Since we are showing off our pizza pictures, these two are from the Symphony. They were OK. And I would have also liked some kind meat other than pepperoni. Pepperoni is a cat I know and I will never touch a pepperoni pizza. 

20240209_211329.jpg

20240209_211335.jpg

Pepperoni is a cat?🤔🤔

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

20240209_211329.jpg

20240209_211335.jpg

Not good...

20240209_234207.thumb.jpg.236750f6323477c7b508bf10ad8084a1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2