Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

We're holding up, barely.

I'm at loss of words to describe the sheer fear we feel when our "leader" has the "chutzpah" to shame our only staunch ally -- the US.

A war in the north will be ten fold more destructive than the one which is still going on.

Thank you Dani for your thoughts. I care and worry about everything you are going through and having to endure. I feel the same as you and please know I support you. You are loved.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Glad to hear Charlie is doing better, and you made it to AC.

We're holding up, barely.

I'm at loss of words to describe the sheer fear we feel when our "leader" has the "chutzpah" to shame our only staunch ally -- the US.

A war in the north will be ten fold more destructive than the one which is still going on.

Prayers 🙏 for you Dani @dani negreanu and all of your friends and family and country.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

I really like their ryes, but the bottled-in-bind rye isn’t widely available and I’ve never seen it in WA so I’m excited to try it.  

I’d heard of their red and blue corn bourbons but have never seen those in the wild either, so I grabbed one…they were out of the blue.

Great score, I occasionally check their website but there isn’t much listed.  Especially not the red/blue corns.  Best time to buy it is when you see it!!  

Ben Holladay is another I would like to try but doesn’t show up in the wild in my area.  I believe they are closer to @Sea Dog area.  Missouri 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Moonstruck is another really good movie!

My first apartment was in Carrol Gardens a very Italian neighborhood in Brooklyn and it was one of the places Moonstruck was filmed, had a great Italian bakery a block away and park had a bocci court.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Ben Holladay is another I would like to try but doesn’t show up in the wild in my area.  I believe they are closer to @Sea Dog area.  Missouri

Yes Holladay Distillery is about :45 minutes north of us in Weston, MO’ a beautiful little town by the Missouri River. Kyle their master distiller is a great guy and so very smart. He is the brains behind a lot of their new expressions.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Looks like a great celebration. How was the Blue?

I knew I was going to have some Gold at restaurant and I didn’t want to go from blue to gold so I haven’t opened it yet . I would have ordered blue at the restaurant if I know that it was going to be half priced, they normally charge 24 for gold i figured blue would have been 60 or so . 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Bonnie, you write so well about your memories of growing up in Manhattan;  you have great recall of movies, etc.  Jim and I had finally finished writing our stories for Storyworth, which our daughters had given us for Christmas last year, so that our children and grandchildren could read about our experiences growing up, learning about our relationships with our parents, our siblings, our friends, our many trips we've done with friends, etc.

I bet your daughter Jennifer, as well as your grandchildren,  would love to learn more about their Mom/Grandmother, and Dad/Grandfather.

We did our own version of Storyworth..I have journals of every important event in my childhood from as far as I can remember to the present including every job I ever had.The company that I worked for 25 years had more than 1000 employees but a large group was there as long as I was and we converse on a regular basis and have interesting discussions.

Unfortunately many have passed away.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thank you so much Maryann.  I mentioned in here awhile back that the best new baby gift I received when I became a mom was a parent book, gifted by my bff, instead of the usual baby book that records baby's accomplishments.  In the Parent Book, it chronicles my and Jack's experiences from the time we were born to when we met, dated, married, etc.  Pictures follow each stage of our lives. I hope Jen cherishes it as much as I did creating it.

And, as far as recall of movies, I have to admit to seeing "My Cousin Vinny" more times than I can count.  "Ghost" (Molly you in danger girl) and "Moonstruck" (In time you'll drop dead and I'll come to your funeral in a red dress) are two others that I can recite most scenes.

Every summer from 1949 to 1959 my parents and I went to Rye Beach Playland on a boat that left from Manhattan.It was a trip arranged by my fathers employer .

• Like 2

Re My Cousin Vinny:

I met Marisa Tomei shortly after the movie came out.She was the guest speaker at my oldest daughters HS graduation.
It is a school for the Arts and Marisa was a graduate of the school.

My daughter was the recipient of several awards and Marissa spoke to the students and their parents afterward.

Nearly all of the graduates have had careers in theater ,movies and or television.

Although my daughter has been a School Teacher many years she was the Host of a Cable Netwoork TV show initially.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, George C said:

My first apartment was in Carrol Gardens a very Italian neighborhood in Brooklyn and it was one of the places Moonstruck was filmed, had a great Italian bakery a block away and park had a bocci court.

Just a bit of Moonstruck trivia:

It was filmed at real locations all around the city, with the fictitious restaurant the Grand Ticino shot in the West Village, Cammareri Bakery in Carroll Gardens, and the Castorini family home both located in Brooklyn Heights. That townhouse has now been put on the market for the first time in over a decade

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, George C said:

My second job was with ADP and that was at 2 broadway back in 1971 . My first cruise was back in 1975 a cruise to nowhere 😁, got hooked on cruises in 1977 and have done at least a cruise a year in every year since , total of approximately 80 . 
luckily wife loves to cruise also got engaged on Sovereign and honeymooned on SS Norway in 1991 , celebrating our 33 anniversary next Saturday.

In 1971 I was working at the White and Case Law Firm on Wall Street, prior to my getting married that July.

Our very first cruise was on the SS Norway out of Miami back in 1982.

• Like 5

Another scorcher out there today!!!!  It is so hot and humid.  I did eat my breakfast outside on the back deck that was shaded, but I wound up coming back inside right after and got into the AC.  I'm feeding my Koi 3 times a day instead of the 2 I always do.  They are voraciously hungry and get very active in this heat.  

• Like 4

On 6/21/2024 at 8:25 AM, Ocean Boy said:

One that I always enjoy watching again is Kelly's Heroes. So many big name actors in such an enjoyable movie! 

Right there with you. A great movie. 

On 6/21/2024 at 6:26 PM, Luckynana said:

@Sunshine3601

Happy, Happy Birthday Debbie!!!  Enjoy your Special Day!!🌹

From me too. Hope you had a great birthday Debbie. 

On 6/21/2024 at 6:19 PM, Keksie said:

Drove myself to the ER.  They are so nice there.   No waiting and everyone was so nice even if it did take 3 tries to start the IV line.  Tramadol on board and I felt all better and after the CT scan that verified a kidney stone I was sent home with a referral to a urologist.  Several meds were sent to the pharmacy.  Or maybe not.

Half way home they call to say one of the prescriptions glitched so I needed to come back and get a written one to take to the pharmacy.  Back I go, get the prescription, drop it off and go home.  Call the urologist and have an appointment Monday.  The pharmacy texts the prescription is ready.  I  call and they didn't get the other prescriptions so back I go to the ER to get written ones.  Then to the pharmacy.  I begged and they filled them while I was there.

So that was my day.  Sigh.

Hope things are improving for you. 🤞

On 6/22/2024 at 9:32 AM, George C said:

Very happy we don’t need to deal with propane tanks , some areas here have natural gas and some don’t. When we bought both of our houses we made sure they had gas . First thing I did in our current home was to add a gas line to our outdoor grill 

Celebrating turning 75 today, will go to our normal restaurant and start with some Johnny Walker Gold then get a really good bottle of wine with dinner . 

Hope you had a great birthday George. 

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

You have no idea how much your support, encouragement, kind words and sympathy means to me (and are relayed to my "surroundings"). 

It gives me hope, it gives me strength, it carries me from day to day.

Sending you all the hugs you can handle.❤️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

TenderArrivestoShore3.thumb.jpg.59d0fc97a53f1094a85b24ed23daf823.jpg

Love hearing your stories of when your first cruise was. Our first cruise was our honeymoon cruise in 1997 to Italy and the Greek Isles on the Costa Classica. We love it, but unfortunately after having our first son we didn't cruise again until our 20th wedding anniversary in 2017 on Adventure of the Seas. It was our first RC cruise, and we have been hooked ever since.

• Like 11