Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Thanks all for the kind words on my movie extra experience. Unfortunately another friend of mine who was an extra got warned for posting pictures on their experience on social media since we signed a NDA. Out of an abundance of caution I had the mods delete the post so I don't ruffle any feathers at Hallmark. At least some of you got to see it before they removed it. Thanks for understanding.

• Like 22

Congratulations on your selection in being an extra in a movie!!!!

How exciting and what a great fun way to enjoy life and live your retirement making ongoing memories. 

Now we have to think of something to top that.  I can only imagine. 

Anyway. 

Take care. 
Be healthy

Sue. 

• Like 1

Good morning.

It is partly sunny and 62°F here at 07.55am with a high of 80°F later.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

I got an email from Celebrity cruises highlighting some cruises and our new reciprocal Elite plus loyalty through our RCL Diamond plus loyalty.

I hope everyone is safe and well and happy.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

We’re on Anthem docked in Southampton and they just announced that Microsoft has had a major, worldwide outage. To check your airline since many flights are delayed. They are having issues getting people off the ship due to it. Boy am I glad we’re doing a b2b. Hopefully they can fix it soon.

Edited by ATG
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks all for the kind words on my movie extra experience. Unfortunately another friend of mine who was an extra got warned for posting pictures on their experience on social media since we signed a NDA. Out of an abundance of caution I had the mods delete the post so I don't ruffle any feathers at Hallmark. At least some of you got to see it before they removed it. Thanks for understanding.

I guess I missed something here.

Thankfully not affected  by the global IT outage.  Our office not impacted.  Our local major supermarkets - I had to go to both straight after work -  not impacted either.  

Hope no-one is suffering major travel delays.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Luckynana said:

The Limoncello that John and Laura made and shared at our Bella Cruise was pretty good!!😉

It was, but tell me you didn’t say “wooooh” if you downed it like a shot 😉😂!  I wonder if homemade is smoother than commercially bottled? Guess it could go either way. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Thankfully not affected  by the global IT outage.  Our office not impacted.  Our local major supermarkets - I had to go to both straight after work -  not impacted either.  

Hope no-one is suffering major travel delays.

It was quite late when everyone got off Anthem. Right now there is a very long line outside the terminal waiting to board. Luckily, it is a gorgeous sunny day.  I’m so glad we’re not flying!

• Like 8

We are so thankful to be home.  We just got home last night from Amsterdam after our cruise in Norway.  So glad we missed the global outage of flights by just a few hours.  It would have been an awful experience at the airport there.  

Norway was absolutely spectacular.  It was a wonderful trip.  I will go through each day’s pictures and will share when I can.

Sorry I missed so much postings and all the happenings on this thread.  Will try to somehow catch up.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

I am not sure that I am ready to see Halloween trees just yet. 

IMG_1907.thumb.jpeg.e5f5fc5aa5c4bffe13aba33f71aaba96.jpeg

And speaking of Halloween, does anyone see those giant (12-15 ft high) skeletons left up year round at people’s houses?   There are some houses where they have been up for a couple years now. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

And speaking of Halloween, does anyone see those giant (12-15 ft high) skeletons left up year round at people’s houses?   There are some houses where they have been up for a couple years now. 

To be followed soon with Christmas.  I am not ready. I am still in summer mode.  I guess they don't have storage for the big skeletons so.just leave them up.  A new trend would be holiday appropriate clothing and accessories for them.  A leprechaun outfit for St Patrick's day for instance.  Lol.  If I were younger and more motivated I could have a thriving business in giant skeleton stuff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Yesterday was amusement park day.  We initially thought of driving to the amusement park in Erie, but weather was going to be 15° cooler than Pittsburgh.  Kennywood Park was our choice for the second time this summer.  

I must say, the lines were the longest I have seen. 

IMG_1902.thumb.jpeg.777349e95c8c63a34bb58c43f1b29994.jpeg

Most of the rides, we were waiting 40 minutes or longer. 

IMG_1903.thumb.jpeg.34aaa23b802422bf9b95030296d41680.jpeg

It was still a beautiful day, and we managed to ride a few things we didn’t on our last trip there. 

IMG_1897.thumb.jpeg.bc72d40f8965317257a80264a6ed1c94.jpeg

I know I am not ready for this driver. 

IMG_1908.thumb.png.e5dcd957d02a0bacf4238823ca4e6a08.png

• Like 22

4 hours ago, ATG said:

We’re on Anthem docked in Southampton and they just announced that Microsoft has had a major, worldwide outage. To check your airline since many flights are delayed. They are having issues getting people off the ship due to it. Boy am I glad we’re doing a b2b. Hopefully they can fix it soon.

I read that early this morning. Issues with an update that Cloudstrike did that had bad code which caused it. It is being rectified. Major systems crashed all over the world. Airlines, hospitals, etc etc .

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is 77°F and sunny here at 13.47pm.

I am sitting in the summer house with my phone on charge posting on CC.

I hope everyone is having a super day.

17213930121033946188091568326561.jpg.1d7436d0d1c50b3f1651844493dfbf5a.jpg

The summer house looks perfect!

OK OK your toes do too!😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

13 hours ago, helen haywood said:

That describes Campari.  Shudder.

I am not a fan either. Too bitter.

13 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@Sea Dog  What an exciting dream come true for you!!!  I love all of the great pictures you've shared of the day you became a part of the Hallmark Christmas Movie!!!  Well done, Greg!🎄

Thank you Maryann.

10 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Sea Dog Delighted to read that your Hallmark experience exceeded your expectations.  I was a big fan of ER so instantly recognised “Santa”.  Very cool. Look forward to you posting a screen grab, if you make it on screen.

He was really nice and extremely tall. He had lost weight since his ER days but he is a big guy. 

10 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Congratulations on your selection in being an extra in a movie!!!!

How exciting and what a great fun way to enjoy life and live your retirement making ongoing memories. 

Now we have to think of something to top that.  I can only imagine. 

Anyway. 

Take care. 
Be healthy

Sue. 

Still on cloud 9.🌤️

9 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@Sea Dog I did see the photos and was going to leave a comment saying that I was glad for you that you had such an experience. It is a happening that you will remember for a very long time.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

Thanks. I wish I could have taken more pictures to remember this experience.

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I guess I missed something here.

Sorry I will post later when I can but basically I posted my experience as a movie extra in a new Hallmark Christmas movie with pictures that could violate my NDA contract.

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

We are so thankful to be home.  We just got home last night from Amsterdam after our cruise in Norway.  So glad we missed the global outage of flights by just a few hours.  It would have been an awful experience at the airport there.  

Norway was absolutely spectacular.  It was a wonderful trip.  I will go through each day’s pictures and will share when I can.

Sorry I missed so much postings and all the happenings on this thread.  Will try to somehow catch up.

Welcome home! Glad you had such a great time.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

We had a house in our neighborhood that had one of those giant skeletons. He left it up after Halloween and eventually put a big Santa hat on it for Christmas which I thought was kinda dumb. Eventually he took it down after New Years. I have no idea where you would store that.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, NHProud said:

@dani negreanu Nice photo of your night out with your friends. Back to reality, unfortunately, I hope you are emotionally okay after the drone attack on Tel Aviv. 

Thanks.

Judy, what can I say -- it was too close to comfort, very near our oldest son rented apt. We know the area well, it's also where your embassy is located...

Quite a "catch-22" situation -- lose-lose 😢.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

36 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks.

Judy, what can I say -- it was too close to comfort, very near our oldest son rented apt. We know the area well, it's also where your embassy is located...

Quite a "catch-22" situation -- lose-lose 😢.

I'm so sorry you have to live with this uncertainty Dani.

Prayers 🙏 uplifted to you and your family and friends.

It is 85°F now in our back garden.

IMG_20240719_164823.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1