Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

52 minutes ago, singinalot said:

@Milwaukee Eight how do you like the egg? what kind of things have you tried on it? my FIL makes pizza 😍 on his

Let’s see....

We have cooked a pizza a few times. 

Pork butts are a fav and @John&LaLa loves making pull pork. Have cooked a few butts.  Ribs are awesome. 

Chicken is great on the egg. Pretty frequent. Several ways to cook it. 

Lamb chops great too. 

Cedar planked Salmon is awesome. I’ve cooked other fish too. Wahoo, Tuns. 

Beef almost everything,  Short Ribs (Kong), Brisket, all sorts of steaks. 

There are lots of accessories available for the BGE. 

I use a lot of wood chunks to add flavor. Hickory for Pork. Mesquite/Oak for Beef. I like a little Apple/Pecan for fish. A sample of everything for Chicken. 

Going to try a Turkey for Thanksgiving. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, singinalot said:

ooh do explain what that is 🤔 🦃 

Butterfly it, cook meat side up. No cavity. Cooks in half the time or less

Screenshot_20201117-231337_Chrome.thumb.jpg.60fd025d080eb6100dd6b37a5af36161.jpg

20 pounds may be a problem.  May have to do it twice. 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Hi,  Just wondering if you are able to pick up several of these masks being made in Israel and ship to all of us for formal nights when we start sailing 

https://www.yvel.com/2020/08/12/face-mask/      

They only cost something like a 1.5 million USD

Gladly, but there is just one bespoken mask, and choosing to which one of you to ship will be tough.... Let me "sleep" on it for a while 😁

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, singinalot said:

@Milwaukee Eight how do you like the egg? what kind of things have you tried on it? my FIL makes pizza 😍 on his

Have you ever tried naan bread pizza on a grill?  So delicious.....I have several versions but my favorite is margherita pizza with fresh tomatoes and basil from my garden. Yummy!!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Same here,   My DH and I helped my Dad replace his roof a couple years ago (tear off and replaced a couple pieces of roof decking, new tar paper and architectural shingles.    We had a blast.    

I am not all that good at spackle,  I have been told I go to heavy with it. but I same here I can hang the sheetrock and tape it.   

We did our own EP Henry paver patio and absolutely love the design we did!     Always proud of our finish product every time I sit out there.   

The house we are in now is ready for a kitchen makeover and that was on my plans for this year but we have been so busy with work that we just haven't had the time.

We definitely have to meet sometime on a cruise in 2021!!

Yes, we do!  🙂 

46 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Don’t think I have tried that. We generally get our pizza dough from Publix. 

I still haven't tried one yet. I'm curious how it works. I'd think all the heat would leave when I open it, and since it only cooks a few minutes, how does it recover that fast 

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Try a propane heated deep fryer.  Best turkey I've ever had. 

We have a fry-a-thon every year.  Tempura batter on mushrooms, shrimp, pickles, asparagus, sweet potato chips, onion rings, avocado and finally a few turkeys,  Best turkey every and just eating all day while watching football.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes that is a beautiful area.  I was suppose to be last May, but....you know what happened.

Rebooked for next year.

Looking forward to seeing your adorable summer cottage!

I hope it will happen, but still not 100% it will.   For now, though...we are not driving the "land yacht" up there this summer, instead renting four different houses in different areas to do our real estate shopping, and try to make a dent in the supply of fresh seafood up there.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My 'routine' day was to Heathrow, first time since March to give my passes and uniform back. My airline has finally announced redundancies due Covid, and as I was planning to retire next year I have jumped  before I was pushed 😬

After working full time for 48 years, 41 of them in aviation, life sure is going to be different.  Not quite the retirement my husband and I planned, but hopefully we will be traveling the world soon. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Hi Vett

Kowalski's and Subway took away their outdoor seating.

How about Bachman's on Lyndale. There's indoor seating by Patrick's.

I thought it was supposed to be warmer!

HI: That would be perfect. 12:30 work for you? Please bring Bailey & Sophie photos.

Finally we get to meet. And discuss RCL cruise plans!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, sgmn said:

My 'routine' day was to Heathrow, first time since March to give my passes and uniform back. My airline has finally announced redundancies due Covid, and as I was planning to retire next year I have jumped  before I was pushed 😬

After working full time for 48 years, 41 of them in aviation, life sure is going to be different.  Not quite the retirement my husband and I planned, but hopefully we will be traveling the world soon. 

You work your whole life to reach that point,  enjoy it no matter how you got there.  Hopefully you'll be travelling soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, singinalot said:

yep baby steps n learning what works best for you! 👌🏻 brace soul going into the holidays!

Made it 16 hours, not too bad.  Will definitely need a few days to acclimate before doing morning cardio though.  Would not have wanted to run this morning.