Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

17 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Today is our 28th anniversary. Celebrated with dinner at our club tonight. They gave us some champagne to start the night, some raspberry creme brûlée for dessert, and some caramel macarons to bring home. VERY good Wagyu beef tenderloin for our meal (sorry, no pics of the beef). Great view while eating. A very good way to start our cruise week. TOMORROW IS CRUISE DAY!
70FCC2A3-002E-45DB-880C-2D56D41CD11A.thumb.jpeg.82db2b70efdb5c7737539b6b8925d637.jpeg

C198A210-767B-48F8-B73E-00873846A1A4.thumb.jpeg.d2db81066c252fec193c3005dbc8391d.jpeg

Happy Anniversary, Micheline and Bob❤️

Have a wonderful time on your cruise!🛳️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We went all over the Space Center, it was long ago so can’t remember everything.  My kids were young.  Seeing moon rocks,  space capsules and suits was something.  My brother lives  near Houston so we drove all over looking at stuff.  Astro-World was a big hit.

I had two friends who relocated from Brooklyn to Houston in the mid 60’s.We loved the underground city .

38 minutes ago, island lady said:

Depressing to then unload everything back out this morning.  Have cancelled the first two weeks of our six week tour...

I am sorry this happened to you. Same thing happened to one of my good friends and their RV except they were in the middle of nowhere when it broke down. Good that it happened close to home and at the start. I hope you can salvage your trip.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, island lady said:

OK...no travel pictures for the next 2 weeks.  Sigh....

Fridge/freezer packed to the gills, clothes refreshed, dry goods in, Meds packed, Plenty of wine!...kayaks loaded on the Jeep, hooked up, fueled up...and hit the road yesterday at noon.  Heading out to our first state park for the six week tour of the Florida Panhandle.  Got up on the highway...and bus started to sputter.  She refused to go anything over 45 MPH.  Great...just great.  And we had it serviced before we left for Maine.  Worked fine at low speed...but no high speed...and even started losing it at lesser speeds.

Made it to the next exit, circled around on the side streets, limped back home.  Our excellent RV service located inside our community is closed on the weekends.  Can't even make an appointment until tomorrow.  Then...no idea how long until we can get it in...or how long the repairs.  

Depressing to then unload everything back out this morning.  Have cancelled the first two weeks of our six week tour...hoping we may salvage at least a couple of reservations we have for later.  Not sure...but important thing...made it home, and not sitting on the side of the highway.  

This had pretty much nailed our decision to sell the land yacht this winter.  Managed to go drown our sorrows at favorite local sushi restaurant today for lunch.  Sigh....Was good sushi though!  

20210919_122338.jpg

20210919_122621.jpg

Really sorry to read this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Just saw something pretty cool. The recently recovered SpaceX rocket was just towed past us. Not something that you see everyday. 
82A33D98-EC65-4809-96FC-1E6BBBE59E96.thumb.jpeg.c1375e5b40523bcf29e7d853c5d766f9.jpeg

5E8ECA4E-9D0C-4535-A901-7EA2120CB3B0.thumb.jpeg.fe2194e978a82af9a09d911eb3db2155.jpeg

I swear there's always one when I come into town. Lots of subs and destroyers this past week from what I understand.

Interesting that the capsule got back before the booster did

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

@islandlady   So sorry to hear about your Road Trip delay due to your RV problem, Pat and Bucky.  As you said though, you were fortunate to make it back home without being towed.  Good luck getting it fixed as quickly as possible so you can then travel on to the Panhandle.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have not had a beer since 1990.I can eat several slices at a time .I am not saying that it is the best pizza around but definitely the best on any cruise ship I have ever been on.

Need to expand your list of cruise ships MSc is excellent it’s a Italian line, Princess was also very nice.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

OK...no travel pictures for the next 2 weeks.  Sigh....

Fridge/freezer packed to the gills, clothes refreshed, dry goods in, Meds packed, Plenty of wine!...kayaks loaded on the Jeep, hooked up, fueled up...and hit the road yesterday at noon.  Heading out to our first state park for the six week tour of the Florida Panhandle.  Got up on the highway...and bus started to sputter.  She refused to go anything over 45 MPH.  Great...just great.  And we had it serviced before we left for Maine.  Worked fine at low speed...but no high speed...and even started losing it at lesser speeds.

Made it to the next exit, circled around on the side streets, limped back home.  Our excellent RV service located inside our community is closed on the weekends.  Can't even make an appointment until tomorrow.  Then...no idea how long until we can get it in...or how long the repairs.  

Depressing to then unload everything back out this morning.  Have cancelled the first two weeks of our six week tour...hoping we may salvage at least a couple of reservations we have for later.  Not sure...but important thing...made it home, and not sitting on the side of the highway.  

This had pretty much nailed our decision to sell the land yacht this winter.  Managed to go drown our sorrows at favorite local sushi restaurant today for lunch.  Sigh....Was good sushi though!  

20210919_122338.jpg

20210919_122621.jpg

I'm really sorry to hear you had these problems with your Land yacht Pat.

Hopefully the fault is fixed quickly.

• Like 2