Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

She brined her turkey the night before.  OMG!  So delicious, and so moist!  

If perchance there is a reduction for Black Friday, how do I cancel, and then rebuy the package?  As you all know by now, I am not tech savvy 😟

I also add oranges to mine.  I don't cook my cranberries,  Do you, Debbie?

Now I definitely have to brine a turkey in my future. 

there are some decent black friday sales on cruise planner.    I just bought internet packages for all our future cruises and a couple other goodies.    Thinking we will rent jet skis for our cruise to cococay with Son and Fiance but Eric wants to talk with them first.    Great price with 50% of 53.99 and 18.99 for the passenger. 

To cancel an existing cruise planner item go to order history then you should be able to select cancel the item for refund.   then you simply go in and rebook at new low price.    I suspect it will take them a couple weeks to process returns as I imagine a lot of people are doing that during the sales this week. 

Yes, I do cook my cranberries on stove top.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mafig said:

Our local butcher had a piece of his finger missing.  As a child I was fascinated by it.

lol.  This reminds me of a childhood memory of my sister in law that I heard about years later.  The girls all took dance lessons and finally one day, my sister was asked why, when she danced, did she hold her hand up with one finger down.  Her reply was "Mr. X dances like that".  Little did she realize but it was because he was missing a finger, not that he had it bent down like she thought.  Even now, almost 50 years later they still laugh about how she used to dance.

Price on my cabin went up and no change on the dining and beverage went up but I did get the water park tickets for $54 or so.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

We are heading out to Staten Island for Jim's 911 Cat Scan for his lungs.  🙏

Very best wishes for a good report!

1 hour ago, mafig said:

Our local butcher had a piece of his finger missing.  As a child I was fascinated by it.

😲

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mafig said:

A friend of mine lost the very tip of his little finger in a lawn mower accident. While he ran screaming inside to get his mom, their Irish Setter ate it. :classic_smile:

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

7 hours ago, George C said:

Her brother Joebob thought the very end of the tail was a cat toy , I then had to catch Gracie t take her to the vet. Cats were not happy yesterday while they were removing old roof and adding the new one , noise level was pretty loud . 

We had a roof redone a few years ago.  The noise of taking off the old roof and putting on a new metal roof made for a very long week for the dogs, cats and I.  My husband was still working then so he missed most of the "joy"  I know we need a new roof on this house soon and I am not looking forward to it.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Home Depot is 2 miles from our house.  Lowe’s, which I like, is a 45 minute drive.  What makes HD easy, besides the distance, is that I can look up what I want online and it tells me what isle it is on and what spot in the isle in the store.  Also makes for an easy (most the time) return of things I order online.

Lowes does the same thing.  It will give you the aisle number and the bin number within the aisle.  I also like the Lowes app's ability to scan a bar code for any item while in the store and see all of the details of the item on their website.  Useful for checking specs (which geeks like me thrive on) or looking at reviews.  HD probably has something very similar.  They probably watch either other carefully and I can't imagine that one has anything much different than the other.  Exception...the ability to rent a truck at HD for an hour for $19.95.  I've done that a couple of times with large things that wouldn't fit in my SUV.  I don't think Lowes has anything like that.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Coralc said:

A friend of mine lost the very tip of his little finger in a lawn mower accident. While he ran screaming inside to get his mom, their Irish Setter ate it. :classic_smile:

😲😲😲

On to a more "tasty" subject. The best turkey I ever had was fried. Tender, moist and juicy. I never heard of fried turkey until I moved to Texas.  I kept picturing cutting up the turkey in parts and frying it up in a huge pan like fried chicken.  My nephew had a turkey fryer and kept it in his garage with the door open.  Not sure but I think if not careful it could blow up?? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

😲😲😲

On to a more "tasty" subject. The best turkey I ever had was fried. Tender, moist and juicy. I never heard of fried turkey until I moved to Texas.  I kept picturing cutting up the turkey in parts and frying it up in a huge pan like fried chicken.  My nephew had a turkey fryer and kept it in his garage with the door open.  Not sure but I think if not careful it could blow up?? 

We’re going to middle DD’s, just over the state line in MA, for Thanksgiving.  They’re preparing 3 turkeys- a traditional oven roasted one, a smoked one in SIL’s smoker and a deep fried one (which is done in turkey fryer in the driveway). Their will be 5 adults, 1 toddler and a baby for the meal; there should be plenty of leftovers LOL! 

I’m bringing sausage stuffing and pumpkin pie, youngest DD is bringing a sangria and carrots au gratin (which is a traditional “must have” at every holiday meal in our family) and in addition to the turkeys, middle DD is doing the mashed potatoes, gravy, and a charcuterie board appetizer. 
I really love the Thanksgiving meal. 

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 8

16 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Christmas is finally up and turned on.

Do you have a lot of people over during the holidays? That would be an incredible amount of work for just the two of us since we don't have any local friends or family. It looks lovely! 

We collected ornaments for a few years on our travels, and still do. Maybe one of these years we will get back in to having a tree. But since we are trying to get rid of stuff, we don't really do gifts of things anymore either. I guess we are sort of Humbugers. 

We have roast chicken for Thanksgiving too. I enjoy seeing the photos and hearing about everyone else's celebrations though. Please share! :classic_biggrin: And Happy Thanksgiving. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We don’t entertain like we used to. I do it mainly because it’s my favorite holiday and I’m a Christmas freak. Someday I should scale down but I’ll keep doing it as long as I can physically do it.

Greg:

Since you have your Christmas display my suggestion for you to Google is Dyker Heights Christmas

and

Frank Seddio Christmas

Dyker Heights is in Brooklyn and people come to see the Christmas displays from all over NY and NJ

Frank Seddio is a Brooklyn politician who has been decorating his street and other streets for more than 40 years.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, mafig said:

My grandfather had a friend that was missing his entire arm. We were told he lost it when he put his arm out of the window of a moving car. Don't know if that's really true but none of us ever put our hands or arms out of the window.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Exception...the ability to rent a truck at HD for an hour for $19.95.  I've done that a couple of times with large things that wouldn't fit in my SUV.  I don't think Lowes has anything like that.

The lowes near us does truck rentals too.  We were putting a new roof on my Dads shed and rented one to transport roof decking and shingles, etc.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mafig said:

About 4 yrs ago I detached my finger in car door.  I was in shock and went inside after picking up my car keys unlocking door grabbing my finger and taking inside to rinse off.  I was home alone at the time and waited about 20 to 30 minutes till I drove myself to hospital with my finger wrapped up in a paper towel and ziploc baggy.

Re-attached and works great!  Very lucky to have my index finger. 

• Like 12

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

To cancel an existing cruise planner item go to order history then you should be able to select cancel the item for refund.   then you simply go in and rebook at new low price.    I suspect it will take them a couple weeks to process returns as I imagine a lot of people are doing that during the sales this week. 

Thank you, Debbie!   

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Christmas is finally up and turned on

Beautiful, Greg!

48 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We don’t entertain like we used to. I do it mainly because it’s my favorite holiday and I’m a Christmas freak. Someday I should scale down but I’ll keep doing it as long as I can physically do it.

We don't either, but that's no reason to stop decorating the way you love to, Greg!  We don't put as much out as we used to, since we head to Florida so soon after Christmas.  We still have the real Christmas Tree, but instead of putting it up just a few days before Christmas and keeping it up until Little Christmas, we now put it up earlier, and take it down two days after Christmas.  

20 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

My grandfather had a friend that was missing his entire arm. We were told he lost it when he put his arm out of the window of a moving car. Don't know if that's really true but none of us ever put our hands or arms out of the window.

LOL...I'd bet it really wasn't true how he lost it.  We were always told the same thing!  Just sayin....

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Greg:

Since you have your Christmas display my suggestion for you to Google is Dyker Heights Christmas

and

Frank Seddio Christmas

Dyker Heights is in Brooklyn and people come to see the Christmas displays from all over NY and NJ

Frank Seddio is a Brooklyn politician who has been decorating his street and other streets for more than 40 years.

I have seen their displays not in person but they have been featured in some videos. Yes they do it big and are very well known for it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

About 4 yrs ago I detached my finger in car door.  I was in shock and went inside after picking up my car keys unlocking door grabbing my finger and taking inside to rinse off.  I was home alone at the time and waited about 20 to 30 minutes till I drove myself to hospital with my finger wrapped up in a paper towel and ziploc baggy.

Re-attached and works great!  Very lucky to have my index finger. 

Holy cannolli, Debbie!  How awful! Amazing that you grabbed your finger and brought it to the hospital and had it reattached.  Wow!  Just wow!!!!!  

I didn't have anything major like that happen...but, I was pulling my mom's accordian-type garage door shut, with my hand getting caught while pulling the door down...my fingers were actually indented(four fingers) and was taken to emergency room...OMG..I can't even imagine what you experienced!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Holy cannolli, Debbie!  How awful! Amazing that you grabbed your finger and brought it to the hospital and had it reattached.  Wow!  Just wow!!!!!  

I didn't have anything major like that happen...but, I was pulling my mom's accordian-type garage door shut, with my hand getting caught while pulling the door down...my fingers were actually indented(four fingers) and was taken to emergency room...OMG..I can't even imagine what you experienced!!!

I was amazed at the whole process.  They did an emergency re attachment in the ER Room then sent me home.  I probably shouldn't have driven myself home as I wasted on pain meds.

Next morning saw a highly recommended orthopedic surgeon (I think that's what he was called).    

He scheduled me to go in the next day to do surgery in OR and wasnt sure how much use or feeling I would have. 

I opted to be awake for the surgery as it would expedite the scheduling but couldnt see with covered shields around my arm.  The doc asked me what music I wanted playing and OR was jamming.  The surgical nurses were freaked out I was awake and talking and laughing with them.

But boy i felt the vibration go thru my body when he hammered in a long spike through the bone.

I was a pirate for awhile with this curved end of a spike sticking out the top of my finger.  Have to find a picture. 

He was a great guy and a great doctor, very little scar, full motion, full feeling and I have a fingernail that grows too!

I never lock my car door till I'm a few feet away from the car now.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I have seen their displays not in person but they have been featured in some videos. Yes they do it big and are very well known for it.

My cousin Charlie married a woman who celebrated Christmas.Every December 25 my parents and I and other relatives would go to Charlie and Mary’s apartment in the Bronx for Christmas dinner.Mary and Charlie had two children.Their daughter Judi got married in 1974 and moved with her husband to Topeka,KS. We lost touch after a few years ,I cannot recall why.

However,we reconnected a few years ago and Judi told me that she has two children.Her daughter is an MD with a practice in Kansas City,MO and also is a media personality.I posted to you ,Greg,a while ago and asked if you were familiar with her but you never responded.I assume you did not see my post.Her name is Amber Botros.

• Like 1