Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Yes.

Screenshot_20211212_184026.jpg

Screenshot_20211212_184114.jpg

Screenshot_20211212_184139.jpg

58 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Mimi- 

We will be glad to help you with dinner!

I just have to find a flight from Islip to JAX.

What time is dinner? Maybe we can make it!

MJ😄LOL !

You might have to bring the vegetables!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Conci aaarje or Concie ehhhhh

I say con si airzh, but con si air is also correct. 
One reason I create such confusion in foreign countries when I attempt a few words in other languages is my total inability to get the accent right. 
I know what’s correct, I simply can’t wrap my tongue around it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Living in England or Italy ? One of my former co-workers was born in Italy and lived in England 50 years.She spoke Italian with a British accent.Now at age 92 she lives in Florida.

So now she speaks Italian with  British/southern American accent?

17 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Just the ones she made.

She was a character and always full of fun and mischief but she passed away over 30 years ago.

My grandmother, my mom's mom, came to the U.S. with her sister. Their brother (my uncle) stayed in Italy. She would frequently go back to visit.  When I was 12yo she informed my parents that she was taking me to Italy because I needed to know the rest of the family. We stayed about two months. I met cousins my age and became one of them. She gave me my heritage and I will be forever grateful to her for having that insight. I cried like a baby when I lost her.

• Like 17

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So now she speaks Italian with  British/southern American accent?

No,she speaks English with a British accent.In the years that we were working for the same company she refused to address me by my first name even though everyone else did.After she retired and would call periodically to find out how I am doing she began to address me by my first name.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

My grandmother, my mom's mom, came to the U.S. with her sister. Their brother (my uncle) stayed in Italy. She would frequently go back to visit.  When I was 12yo she informed my parents that she was taking me to Italy because I needed to know the rest of the family. We stayed about two months. I met cousins my age and became one if them. She gave me my heritage and I will be forever grateful to her for having that insight. I cried like a baby when I lost her.

She was my dad's mam.

Her dad fled Italy with his brother in the 1890s and they both married English girls.

• Like 2

We had a wonderful day today!  We had a huge breakfast this morning at Perkins with two of our daughters, four of our grandchildren, and one of our SIL's.  We then drove to a Christmas Tree Farm about a half hour from our homes, and found the perfect trees for our homes.  Our tree is beautiful, and is now 8 feet tall, after Jim cut 2 feet off to fit in our living room.  We used to get much taller trees when we lived in NY where our home had very high ceilings.  Our daughter and SIL's tree is 14 feet high....it is huge!!!! and beautiful! 

I am so glad I joined them today.  I was only going to go to breakfast with them, and then head out shopping this morning,  but my 16 year old granddaughter asked, "Nana, why don't you join us"?  ❤️ That did it!  Happiness is....!

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

She was my dad's mam.

Her dad fled Italy with his brother in the 1890s and they both married English girls.

My grandmother came here in 1890 she was 20 and already married she lived to 1966 , I think she learned a couple of words of English each year she was in this country 😁

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I say con si airzh, but con si air is also correct. 
One reason I create such confusion in foreign countries when I attempt a few words in other languages is my total inability to get the accent right. 
I know what’s correct, I simply can’t wrap my tongue around it. 

I have been to Israel approx. 20 times.  I lived there for a year after we were married in Israel.  Although not fluent in Hebrew, I know plenty of words, phrases.  I will always sound like a foreigner.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MJSailors said:

That would be fine ,Mimi !

Are string beans good ? I am planning  on having them tonight with baked chicken and mashed potatoes.

Enjoy your smorgasbord dinner !

MJ🙋🏻

Well, I chickened out. I’m having what I think is the oldest item, the chicken Kiev, and for sides, Tiramisu and more Tiramisu. That eliminates some of the pileup in the freezer, and I love Tiramisu. 
I told Dick he’s on his own. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

On 12/7/2021 at 2:55 PM, island lady said:

@ownedbypets

Thank you so much for coming by to see us!  Really made our day!!   So nice to finally meet you! 🥰

And thanks again for showing us your absolutely gorgeous Star Loft Suite.  Wow!!  Beautiful!

You are just as sweet in person as you are online.  Thanks again for finding us!  🙂   Hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise, and hope to see you around the ship! 

It was great meeting you too! We had a fantastic cruise. Hope yours was as perfect as ours.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

We had a wonderful day today!  We had a huge breakfast this morning at Perkins with two of our daughters, four of our grandchildren, and one of our SIL's.  We then drove to a Christmas Tree Farm about a half hour from our homes, and found the perfect trees for our homes.  Our tree is beautiful, and is now 8 feet tall, after Jim cut 2 feet off to fit in our living room.  We used to get much taller trees when we lived in NY where our home had very high ceilings.  Our daughter and SIL's tree is 14 feet high....it is huge!!!! and beautiful! 

I am so glad I joined them today.  I was only going to go to breakfast with them, and then head out shopping this morning,  but my 16 year old granddaughter asked, "Nana, why don't you join us"?  ❤️ That did it!  Happiness is....!

That sounds like a great time.  We love time with family.  It’s been a long time since I have been to a tree farm.  I like the smell of fresh pine trees.

• Like 3

After our walk this morning at the lake, we picked up the grandkids for breakfast.  Then it was off to our place to make some Christmas cookies.  

143F568B-A23E-4D7C-861D-504D78B43BC1.thumb.jpeg.637be7700fd4fe46130408d2b209faae.jpeg

I did get to sample a couple. 

C80A7FB6-C1C9-4E51-A53E-66CD0E988311.thumb.jpeg.459394b70f591d1ecac6d0ad67a6d05d.jpeg

We didn’t have to start the Lego gingerbread house, because we are still working on the Elf house.  Besides, the kids made the “real deal” gingerbread houses. 

4FA62F98-AB84-498D-9D1B-6E13E3ED5E6D.thumb.jpeg.c43c80024225d8bbb8629f92656013bc.jpeg

93255590-51BD-433C-8897-4F0A99A9B3B1.thumb.jpeg.8883005ec4824ef716f56f4f65d5fa80.jpeg

B694C96A-E6A4-46C6-872B-17EDA10FAB7B.thumb.jpeg.ac7ad1d847f48065e97762d36e0ce1de.jpeg

We also introduced them to the game “Clue”.  They had a lot of fun playing that game. 

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

My grandmother, my mom's mom, came to the U.S. with her sister. Their brother (my uncle) stayed in Italy. She would frequently go back to visit.  When I was 12yo she informed my parents that she was taking me to Italy because I needed to know the rest of the family. We stayed about two months. I met cousins my age and became one of them. She gave me my heritage and I will be forever grateful to her for having that insight. I cried like a baby when I lost her.

Although all 4 of my grandparents had passed on by the time I was born, your heartfelt post touched me in ways that are hard to explain.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Have safe travels.  You won't be disappointed. 

Thank you. The most annoying part of the trip is figuring out what to pack for myself. It's winter weather in NY, spring weather in Tennessee (my halfway,  overnight stop) and summer in Houston. I'll spend a few days there then make the trek back. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Thank you. The most annoying part of the trip is figuring out what to pack for myself. It's winter weather in NY, spring weather in Tennessee (my halfway,  overnight stop) and summer in Houston. I'll spend a few days there then make the trek back. 

When we drove from the Dallas area to NJ in August,  our first stop was Memphis and 2nd stop was Bristol, W.Virginia.  Jack said no way could he make that trip in just 2 days and before retiring he was on the road extensively driving many hours into the night.  

I know Houston's humidity can be very high.  I don't know what their weather is wintertime.  Best to pack a bit for every weather to be sure.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That sounds like a great time.  We love time with family.  It’s been a long time since I have been to a tree farm.  I like the smell of fresh pine trees.

This place was great!  One price, no matter the size of the tree.  $60!  We haven't gone to a Christmas tree farm since our girls were little....and that was a very long time ago.  Our one daughter had gone here last year after her neighbor told her about it, and Melanie wanted a really big tree, which she got last year, as well as this year.  I see a new tradition beginning here...😊  It was a wonderful time, for sure!😉

18 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Spent the afternoon at Symphony Hall in Boston watching the Boston Holiday Pops complete with a visit from Santa.

54914393-9D18-43FA-BC82-3B2C6E75A985.thumb.jpeg.dca19fb7e504fd88e1c391bb30e6bc1f.jpeg

25711C7B-96E2-4FF0-B9FD-0179937F570C.jpeg

C1E98B03-0EAB-4BE2-B62B-2444850246C6.jpeg

Wow!  Very nice!

8 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

After our walk this morning at the lake, we picked up the grandkids for breakfast.  Then it was off to our place to make some Christmas cookies.  

143F568B-A23E-4D7C-861D-504D78B43BC1.thumb.jpeg.637be7700fd4fe46130408d2b209faae.jpeg

I did get to sample a couple. 

C80A7FB6-C1C9-4E51-A53E-66CD0E988311.thumb.jpeg.459394b70f591d1ecac6d0ad67a6d05d.jpeg

We didn’t have to start the Lego gingerbread house, because we are still working on the Elf house.  Besides, the kids made the “real deal” gingerbread houses. 

We also introduced them to the game “Clue”.  They had a lot of fun playing that game. 

What a wonderful day you spent with your grandchildren.  Busy, busy, with all of the delicious looking cookies, and gingerbread houses they've made.  I'm going to have to look into the Lego Christmas houses your family has made together.  Clue is a great game!!

• Like 5