Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Unfortunately, our Son, the baby in his 20s, just texted that he tested positive and is experiencing mild symptoms.   He has had asthma issues his whole life but has improved with age.  He assured us that his breathing is fine.  Says he is just really tired, feels weak and achy with a headache with scratchy throat.  No cough, no sniffles.  His Fiance feels fine so far but will also get tested.

Thank goodness your dear son’s breathing is ok. For any of us with breathing problems, that means the world. 
I’m sorry it’s right at Christmas, but Christmas can be celebrated when he has recovered. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That looks painful.  Glad to hear all went with the surgery and they were able to get it all removed.    Wish you a smooth and painless recovery.  

That's done, now you can relax and enjoy your Christmas.   Merry Christmas to you Pauline and Sarah🎄🥰💕

Thank you Debbie.

Sending our best wishes that your son recovers quickly from Covid19 and you all still have a lovely Christmas.

Graham.

• Like 1

Here is our Christmas tree somehow decorated by Dick without my knowledge! Hard to do, since we live in a condo!

He only used about a third or less of our ornaments, but took care to include the Swedish angels I bought when I was 16, 

some wooden ones bought in the NC mountains when our kids were little, the ceramic ones they painted so carefully, ornaments I bought in Christkindlmarkets in Germany and Austria, and handmade ones my deceased friend made over the years. 
The number of ornaments on the tree may be sparse, but they represent a lifetime of Christmases!

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate, and much love to everyone who has made Dani’s group such a wonderful family to be part of. 
May the new year be a rebirth of peace and joy and freedom to move about the world without fear!

7CEA5FC6-F9CB-4EDC-9341-CB07B56E62A4.thumb.jpeg.40bbd1434c0f556cb45d57e5125a0723.jpeg

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Before everyone gets busy with the holiday I just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. As with some of you, Covid has managed to show up in several family members. No one is particularly ill other than minor colds and some not ill at all other than a positive test but it has managed to derail plans than we were looking forward to . But as they say... it is what it is.

Wishing you all the very best...

FB_IMG_1639282120099.jpg.3a7c2d208943f539a38821f65405d6a9.jpg

FB_IMG_1638325361612.jpg.1c9b73c6b432c5164c2e290dc48a0823.jpg

FB_IMG_1637706779331.thumb.jpg.bb1d37a0d052c89b3b2bbede4890bd2d.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 6

11 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I wish you and RJ a very Happy and Healthy Holiday, Arzeena!🎄

I wish you the same!

Is it possible you can get a Binax or which ever home test kit and do a home test for your GD? It will remove the uncertainity and stress.

You have a safe trip to Florida. Good you are driving and not flying. The airlines have started their holiday cancellation game and it is terrible.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I wish you the same!

Is it possible you can get a Binax or which ever home test kit and do a home test for your GD? It will remove the uncertainity and stress.

You have a safe trip to Florida. Good you are driving adn not flying. The airlines have started their holiday cancellation game and it is terrible.

Apparently the airlines are having trouble putting flight crews together due to people testing positive. A lot of flights canceled today.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you so much for all the best wishes.

I had my op at 09.30am and home by 11.00am GMT.

Pauline waited in the car in the hospital car park so I'm pleased I was done quickly.

I have to go back next Thursday to get the stitches out.

Graham.

Thanks for updating us Graham. Wish you a very speedy recovery.

• Thanks 1

Last Monday I cancelled our January cruise (with much sadness). 

It was booked with a non refundable deposit, and I really did not think I'd get it back.  I was certainly willing to take the loss.

However, today I noted that Royal Caribbean refunded my deposit.  Pretty quick, don't you think?

Merry Christmas to you all.  I don't post here a lot, but I read the thread every day (don't want to fall behind....lol).  I feel like I know most of you.😍

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Time to share a little story.

When I was growing up in Youngstown Ohio, my father worked at Republic Steel.  You see he was never able to complete High School, had to drop out and support his family.  He worked till he was drafted and after the war returned and then one day met his wife, my mom and they were happily married on September 12, 1953 (history buffs, the same day JFK was married).

When the mills were booming, paychecks with overtime were great.

We had the best of the best and traveled frequently in car trips to Florida or Canada.

Then in the late 60's the mills started to slow down, and eventually close.

It was around  1970, when our parents sat my brothers and I down and told us we would have a Christmas tree, but no gifts.

I was 11 at the time (working at a church bingo making $4.00 a week)

My brothers were 12, and 13.  (They made money raking leaves or shoveling snow).

We all made money biking to the store for neighbors to get small grocery items.

So, Christmas Eve, what to do, what to do.

Our parents with us sat down in the living room, and we just opened up about life and talked and shared our stories some of which my parents never knew.

My one brother started on how he and his buddies would bike down to Mill Creek Park and ride all the roads up and down the hills, look for pop bottles cash them in, and when they found enough would end up at DQ and get a cone.

My other brother who had a talent for drawing, was awarded a certificate for his caricatures and was told he should take up art. He never told our parents, because the would not be able to afford all the supplies.

Me on the other hand just shared that I  loved doing crafts and wanted nothing more.

My mom talked about them being so poor growing up that her mom would make baked potatoes and she would keep one in her "muff" to keep her hands warm in the winter when she walked to school.

As for my dad.

Besides a mill right, he had a small claim to fame.

As a hobby he used to ice skate in the winter on a ice that was frozen water on a tennis court.

He became quite good, jumps spins, and figures.  Back then figures were the thing over today's routines.

A friend of his told him, he was good.  He should go to Cleveland and try out for the trials to go to the Olympics trials.  His friend would take him.

So off they went.

About 20 men showed up that day.

My dad did the figures (those of us old enough to remember these).

He was advanced to the next stage.

He went on the ice, did his jumps (simple) skated around did his spins.

The top 3 would advance to the official Olympic trials.

My dad was #4.

Now mind you, no records were ever kept of the local tryouts.

No recognition for trying

But the look in his eyes as he told the story of something that had happened when he was in his 20's showed how complete his life was.

During slim times we may not have had much.

We did have food to eat

My parents would not accept social help  at this time.

But we had each other.

But hours went by that night,  I cannot remember everything, but we were a family.

We always share, and by sharing our lives with each other was the best Christmas ever.

The gifts may not be under the tree, but the ones in the heart make up for them.

Christmas for me is about each other.

My parents are long gone, as one of my brothers.

But life goes on.

So as you celebrate Christmas with family, take the time to reflect on the great memories in life.

Share them with your family.  Years seem to go by so fast.

They happen so quick.

And as Always:

". . . . Remember in life there is always something old to be sought and enjoyed, always something new to be found treasure and shared, thank you for sharing your life with me. . . . "

MERRY CHRISTMAS.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

22 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Time to share a little story.

When I was growing up in Youngstown Ohio, my father worked at Republic Steel.  You see he was never able to complete High School, had to drop out and support his family.  He worked till he was drafted and after the war returned and then one day met his wife, my mom and they were happily married on September 12, 1953 (history buffs, the same day JFK was married).

When the mills were booming, paychecks with overtime were great.

We had the best of the best and traveled frequently in car trips to Florida or Canada.

Then in the late 60's the mills started to slow down, and eventually close.

It was around  1970, when our parents sat my brothers and I down and told us we would have a Christmas tree, but no gifts.

I was 11 at the time (working at a church bingo making $4.00 a week)

My brothers were 12, and 13.  (They made money raking leaves or shoveling snow).

We all made money biking to the store for neighbors to get small grocery items.

So, Christmas Eve, what to do, what to do.

Our parents with us sat down in the living room, and we just opened up about life and talked and shared our stories some of which my parents never knew.

My one brother started on how he and his buddies would bike down to Mill Creek Park and ride all the roads up and down the hills, look for pop bottles cash them in, and when they found enough would end up at DQ and get a cone.

My other brother who had a talent for drawing, was awarded a certificate for his caricatures and was told he should take up art. He never told our parents, because the would not be able to afford all the supplies.

Me on the other hand just shared that I  loved doing crafts and wanted nothing more.

My mom talked about them being so poor growing up that her mom would make baked potatoes and she would keep one in her "muff" to keep her hands warm in the winter when she walked to school.

As for my dad.

Besides a mill right, he had a small claim to fame.

As a hobby he used to ice skate in the winter on a ice that was frozen water on a tennis court.

He became quite good, jumps spins, and figures.  Back then figures were the thing over today's routines.

A friend of his told him, he was good.  He should go to Cleveland and try out for the trials to go to the Olympics trials.  His friend would take him.

So off they went.

About 20 men showed up that day.

My dad did the figures (those of us old enough to remember these).

He was advanced to the next stage.

He went on the ice, did his jumps (simple) skated around did his spins.

The top 3 would advance to the official Olympic trials.

My dad was #4.

Now mind you, no records were ever kept of the local tryouts.

No recognition for trying

But the look in his eyes as he told the story of something that had happened when he was in his 20's showed how complete his life was.

During slim times we may not have had much.

We did have food to eat

My parents would not accept social help  at this time.

But we had each other.

But hours went by that night,  I cannot remember everything, but we were a family.

We always share, and by sharing our lives with each other was the best Christmas ever.

The gifts may not be under the tree, but the ones in the heart make up for them.

Christmas for me is about each other.

My parents are long gone, as one of my brothers.

But life goes on.

So as you celebrate Christmas with family, take the time to reflect on the great memories in life.

Share them with your family.  Years seem to go by so fast.

They happen so quick.

And as Always:

". . . . Remember in life there is always something old to be sought and enjoyed, always something new to be found treasure and shared, thank you for sharing your life with me. . . . "

MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Thank you so much, Sue, for sharing your memories, and for the reminder that Christmas isn’t presents or feasts, it’s the warm glow in our hearts that flickers sometimes, but stays burning for as long as we nurture it. 
Because of your memories, your  parents and your brother are alive to us, too, now. 
Merry Christmas to you and your family. 

• Like 9

18 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We ordered the test kits online on Friday and received them Monday.     

All the urgent care centers near us are now charging $99 for the rapid test.     

CVS is booked up till Jan 5th

Walgreens is only booking up to 7 days out and is all booked up as soon as they post new day/time.

We went this afternoon to Walgreens (booked the appointment last thursday) to get the rapid antigen test to make sure all safe to visit with Family and an elderly person that is coming out of her assisted living home.      We went to the drive thru and they told us they were all out of the rapid tests and we could do the PCR test and we should have the results Christmas Eve or Christmas morning.     We did it since we were there but anyone that was expecting to use that test for travel would be screwed.  

If I was you I would be the first people at their door as soon as they open up that day or relax and order the online kits as you have plenty of time for them to arrive thru optum or emed.   It is easy peasy to do😍

Thanks!  Great idea.  I am going to try to book a back up appointment with Walgreens, but from what the tech on the phone told me...I shouldn't have any problems with the walk in clinic that day.  Most frenzied people are trying to get tests right now for Christmas.  Hopefully not an issue after the end of the month.  

• Like 4

And just like that, we both ended up in a police car with a Hooker on our way to jail!!  I mean, when we inquired, and Hooker said it was a day off, but if we could wait 10 minutes, we could get something special.  Then I said “Do I pay you before or after?”, and boom, we were in the car!!!

4FB58B8A-ACE5-4EA2-8A59-BF0704C52D93.thumb.jpeg.b16c7c114be10cae457fc36a94b546e8.jpeg

That’s how we met Carroll Hooker, arguably one of the best tour guides for Squad Car Tours in Mount Airy, North Carolina.  For those who don’t know, Mount Airy is the birthplace of Andy Griffith, and setting for Mayberry.  I read an article in October when the actress, who played Thelma Lou, passed away. I saw this was only 30 minutes from where we usually stay, so we made plans to stop on our way. 

I read where they had tours where they would drive you around in old 63 Ford Galaxy 500’s squad cars, and it seemed like a neat thing to do.  I can’t remember the last time I was in a car with window cranks, a bench seat, and an ash tray in the middle of the back seat.  When we got there, there was only one driver, and he was taking the last group of the day out. Carroll just happened to be there, and said that it was his day off, but he would get a car and take us around.  What a very nice thing to do. 

Well, my dear wife ended up in jail. 

834E3417-5402-4BD5-A0D8-03904E24CD6A.thumb.jpeg.055dcaac8369acdc8cdf0acd25de8b2b.jpeg

Fortunately for her, it appears she knew the sheriff, and he let her off easy. 

D1C3B579-E1FE-4360-9AE4-00C5A14DCB31.thumb.jpeg.d5802d0b28b02dcf93d63111e1c419b8.jpeg

What a fun afternoon, and I will have to tell more of the story after we pulled in for a fill up. 

B6759FB6-78FD-41A9-85CF-4BAC3E44D28E.thumb.jpeg.0eab38fafa10fefb7814fefbad254ae9.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Haha 3

Well it’s just a little over 30 days for me.

DD trimmed my hair and did a good job 👏🏻.

I have bought everything thing I needed for cruise, who knew you needed so much stuff for 10 days lol.

Now I have to Figure how to fit everything in a 20 inch carry on and an airline approved sports bag.

I have a feeling I’m not going to fit 10 days of clothes and my door sign.

Edited by Maitaivegas
  • Like 6

13 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Lenny this is wonderful.  I don’t know if the Debbie you mention is me or Sunshine, but it really doesn’t matter.  It’s the thought and the holiday spirit in which it was intended that makes it so great.  

I have always loved the spirit of Christmas

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I would love to hear your parodies. Any recordings? I have this Vaughn Monroe Christmas song in my collection. It's a good one.

This is so awesome. Thank you Lenny. This made my day.

From my family to yours, I wish you the happiest and merriest of Christmases. 

Merry Christmas to you and Cheers for a fantastic Christmas.

Greg,remember when I asked if you were familiar with Amber Botros ?

Every year on Christmas Day my parents and I would go to her grand parents apartment for Christmas dinner.

• Like 1