Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

29 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

So sorry to hear your son tested positive for covid but thankfully, his breathing is fine.  I hope it continues to stay that way with only mild symptoms.

@grapau27Graham, so glad to read your operation is over.  Wishing you, Pauline and everyone on this marvelous thread who celebrates, the merriest, healthiest Christmas ever!

Thank you Bonnie.

Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas.

Graham.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Graham I'm so glad everything went well and your will get your stitches out next week. If anyone asks what happened tell them "It's nothing but you should see the other guy." I hope you and Pauline have a very Merry Christmas.

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. Sounds like my Christmas last year. Make the best of it and maybe have a later Christmas celebration in January. Leave the decorations up and have a great time. I've actually done that before when my dad was in the hospital one Christmas.

The same is wished for you. I couldn't agree more my friends do become my family. Welcome to mine.

I celebrate Christmas everyday in my mind.

Thank you Greg.

Happy Christmas to yourself and all your family.

Graham 

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

So as you celebrate Christmas with family, take the time to reflect on the great memories in life.

Share them with your family.  Years seem to go by so fast.

They happen so quick.

Thank you for this story Sue. It's so true and priceless. I have taken video of Jonathan coming down the stairs at Christmas every year since he was born. 21 years in all. I will not video him this year as he is out on his own and 22. But I will always have his video to remember every Christmas.

Here is the video of Jonathan Christmas Through The Years.

Merry Christmas Sue and Rick! 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you for this story Sue. It's so true and priceless. I have taken video of Jonathan coming down the stairs at Christmas every year since he was born. 21 years in all. I will not video him this year as he is out on his own and 22. But I will always have his video to remember every Christmas.

So cool that you had the foresight to make a video like that.

• Like 3

My video Christmas card I produced from me to you. As @Ocean Boy posted, we have family and we have friends and then we have friends who become family. I love this thread because I consider all of you my family. We are a cruising family. We may all different but we share a lot of common threads, Love of cruising, love of our families, love of life. Those threads knit us a family bond. I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and even though Hanukkah is over, I hope it was a great one for you too. I will be celebrating until January 7 the 12 days of Christmas ending at the Epiphany. 

Enjoy and Happy holidays from the Sea Dog Steele family.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 6

13 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Yes, we will be on Harmony.  We were first highly considering your cruise but it just wasn’t working  out for both us and our cruise friends.  Hopefully we will have an opportunity to join you in the near future.  
I agree that with people likely testing on return and the uptick, we would be taking a chance.  We meant to go talk to Walgreens today to find out how it is going but didn’t make it.  Being in a small town it may be a different circumstance here.  One thing we all have learned the last two years, things change and plans don’t always work.

Yes, hopefully someday in 2022 we will meet on a cruise ship😍

We did our covid tests around 1 pm yesterday - no results yet - hopefully we get them before we leave for my Brother's house tomorrow as I would to pass anything onto his MIL that is 91 yrs old and will be her first holiday out of the assisted living facility she lives at.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Here is our Christmas tree somehow decorated by Dick without my knowledge! Hard to do, since we live in a condo!

He only used about a third or less of our ornaments, but took care to include the Swedish angels I bought when I was 16, 

some wooden ones bought in the NC mountains when our kids were little, the ceramic ones they painted so carefully, ornaments I bought in Christkindlmarkets in Germany and Austria, and handmade ones my deceased friend made over the years. 
The number of ornaments on the tree may be sparse, but they represent a lifetime of Christmases!

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate, and much love to everyone who has made Dani’s group such a wonderful family to be part of. 
May the new year be a rebirth of peace and joy and freedom to move about the world without fear!

7CEA5FC6-F9CB-4EDC-9341-CB07B56E62A4.thumb.jpeg.40bbd1434c0f556cb45d57e5125a0723.jpeg

Beautiful tree and beautiful wishes for all.    

Thank you and Merry Christmas to you and your Family. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

This wasn’t supposed to make me weepy!

It was lovely seeing Jonathan grow into a handsome young man, though!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I read where they had tours where they would drive you around in old 63 Ford Galaxy 500’s squad cars, and it seemed like a neat thing to do.  I can’t remember the last time I was in a car with window cranks, a bench seat, and an ash tray in the middle of the back seat.

Just days before I was born in 1964, my father purchased a 1964 Ford Galaxie 500. Brought me home from the hospital in that car, no doubt sitting on my Moms lap. If memory serves me correctly, seat-belts were an option in that car.  Or maybe that was just for the back seat. In addition to ashtrays, the cars had that little crank triangle "vent" window that was perfect for flicking cigarettes ashes out the window, back in the days when it was safe to smoke. 😉

The very first picture of me was sitting on the hood of the car as a baby. I always considered it to be "my" car and was determined to drive it one day. Alas, it would not last the 16 years until I got my drivers license so I had to settle for a hand-me down 1969 Ford Galaxie 500 station wagon as my first car.

Dad was a Ford man. Despite the Fix Or Repair Daily  or Found On Road Dead reputation, he always had good luck with them.

• Like 10

Spent the morning looking for my engagement ring.  Ripped apart my bedroom, found stuff I didn’t know I had!  No ring.  My grandson came up and went under all the furniture, no ring.  So I stepped away for a bit, went back and looked behind some cards I had by my mirror.  There the stinking ring was, standing upright, shining brightly between two cards.  Thanks St. Anthony🙏

• Like 13

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you so much for all the best wishes.

I had my op at 09.30am and home by 11.00am GMT.

Pauline waited in the car in the hospital car park so I'm pleased I was done quickly.

I have to go back next Thursday to get the stitches out.

Graham.

Sounds like it went as best as possible Graham. Hope things over the next few days are as easy as possible for you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just a quick note to you all before it gets busy in our house.

Happy Holidays from our home, to your home. Stay healthy and enjoy the time with your families. 🙂

Right back at you! have a cool yule!

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you so much for all the best wishes.

Pauline waited in the car in the hospital car park so I'm pleased I was done quickly.

Graham.

IMG-20211224-WA0000.jpg

Expect to black and blue in the next few days .  The worst part is over . 

Greg , what a beautiful video montage. You are an artist. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thankful to see all went well.  I 🙏 your recovery goes well.  May you and Pauline have a Merry Christmas! 🎁 

• Thanks 1