Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

A little concerned seeing a coyote twice come though our back yard. Luckily the puppies were inside. Got a short clip that I looped. I’m kinda worried.

They are beautiful animals. We have a lot of them in our neighborhood. But taking a video of him Greg, is not quite the same as intimidating him or repeatedly chasing him off so he doesn't come around. :classic_smile: And as keksie mentioned, they do take cats and small dogs (even on leashes) here. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Coralc said:

They are beautiful animals. We have a lot of them in our neighborhood. But taking a video of him Greg, is not quite the same as intimidating him or repeatedly chasing him off so he doesn't come around. :classic_smile: And as keksie mentioned, they do take cats and small dogs (even on leashes) here. 

We also have them and they are beautiful. They are just trying to make a living and feed their kids. It is up to humans to be intellegent enough to figure out how to coincide with them and protect their pets. 

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

We also have them and they are beautiful. They are just trying to make a living and feed their kids. It is up to humans to be intellegent enough to figure out how to coincide with them and protect their pets. 

Well there is always the Rick Perry way.  

48 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It was hot. And wearing a mask made it worse. But at least it was not snowing. I was walking around the port area.... OUTSIDE.... and some security type person said I had to have my mask covering my nose. Fortunately, she didn't hear what I said. Then I promptly pulled it back below my nose after she walked away. Funny thing is, in town plenty of locals had no mask at all.

That’s what I really hated. Having to wear the mask outside in St. Thomas and St. Kitts. 

10 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Well then, you’ve solved your flying home problem 😉

Only if he wants to go to South America and wait for 2 weeks. 😄

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I needed for someone to make me laugh.☺

have two for me please!

4 hours ago, George C said:

Lots of coyotes and bobcats in my neighborhood have a large green belt a block from our house , very happy that our cats are totally inside cats . Have a approximate ten foot fence around our backyard but bobcats can climb fences . Once I was about to jump in my pool and saw a bobcat walking on top of my fence. 

linda was out with Charlie and saw one of them. Freaked out and quickly brought him in. Not sure what we should do.

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

I would keep a close watch on the puppies.  He does not seem concerned about being close to humans and I have heard of them snatching up pets even on leashes with the owner close.  

now I’m terrified but thank you for your information.

48 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

That’s what I really hated. Having to wear the mask outside in St. Thomas and St. Kitts. 

Only if he wants to go to South America and wait for 2 weeks.

It wouldn't be quite as bad if it made any type of sense at all.😏

As long as it doesn't snow in South America I might consider it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sending our prayers 🙏 Dani on Yom Ha Shoah (Holocaust memorial Day). It is 45°F and cloudy here. Graham & Pauline x.

Pauline & Graham, your prayers are so much appreciated.😘

My side of the family was "lucky" - I've "only" lost my maternal grandfather in a camp, and my dad did forced labor.

DH's side -- of Polish descent, not so much....😢

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I know that worrying is a waste of good vacation time but that is me. I worry about the house, the office, my parents and their house, etc.... I think I have a defective gene on one of my chromosomes.😏

I’m stuck with the same worries as you, only on land. Come and hang with the me, the one inflicted with the Eeyore Syndrome.  Had to be in hold for 20 minutes to get a TA and then 30 more while they cancelled my sailing back and forth with RC. it is “painful” enough then the long delays. 🤦‍♂️

10 hours ago, Luckynana said:

The Amazing Race starts in 24 minutes.  Just sayin...

Might be OB on Sunday headed home. 😮

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes, walked around town. Went into an electronics store to check pricing on a Samsung S21. I asked the guy a question and ended up having to educate him on the phone. 

LOL, at least it wasn’t the same type of conversation like you had in St Thomas. 

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I need to be careful what I say. I've made friends with a pilot on this cruise.☺

If I remember correctly that pilot lives in FL, so they probably drove to the port. You should be safe with the comments. 😉😂

Mike, if you read this I’m joking around. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

have two for me please!

linda was out with Charlie and saw one of them. Freaked out and quickly brought him in. Not sure what we should do.

now I’m terrified but thank you for your information.

I didn't want to scare you but did want you to be aware.  The fact that you keep seeing it and not just at night is worrisome.  Google Missouri coyote removal for ideas and businesses that will remove them for you.  Another idea - could you create a fenced area for the pups?  The coyote could still come over but it would be a barrier between the coyote and you.  I would never leave them alone though.  

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Being a lifeguard on a cruise ship having to stand and stare at an empty pool. Not my idea of a good time.

20220127_091109.thumb.jpg.3a12b7c54c30f8ebbcf2a4ae092aae6c.jpg

Definitely not a job that I'd want.  I've always been impressed with the procedure that they use when changing lifeguards, with the incoming guard thoroughly looking at the pool and then the outgoing guard doing the same.  Doesn't take much to impress me.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

In St. Maarten with Edge and Club Med 2. Those Edge class ships have an ugly stubby looking bow.

totally agree. I don’t care for the bow at all.

47 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Thank you Bob very much. After hearing you had my Sea Dog Old Fashioned it put me in the mood to have one. I don’t remember what you ended up using for the syrup, was it proof syrup?

21 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I didn't want to scare you but did want you to be aware.  The fact that you keep seeing it and not just at night is worrisome.  Google Missouri coyote removal for ideas and businesses that will remove them for you.  Another idea - could you create a fenced area for the pups?  The coyote could still come over but it would be a barrier between the coyote and you.  I would never leave them alone though.  

I don’t want them to be removed they have just as much to live where they want as I do. I do have fenced in area that is bordered by a retaining wall. They could jump down from the top of the wall into the lower area so I may put up a temporary garden fence for the next couple of months during mating season.

2AAF48F7-85A8-4F24-9936-275716C57D69.thumb.jpeg.1f521c0ca643d83da0ed1e0bc023f4fb.jpeg

• Like 7