Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

18 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I hope the storm is just about over for you.  Enjoy your chili, Debbie, and stay safe and warm!

I'm sorry that your last day has turned so cold and windy for you;  it's great that you had a wonderful week for your cruise, OB.  Safe travels tomorrow.  We'll all be thinking of you!

Thanks. I can't complain about today's weather as the rest of the week was picture perfect.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Enjoy your evening and safe travels home in the morning.  😍 Hopefully your car is in a parking garage so you don't have to clean it when you get off the plane.    

Hmmmm, I thought I'd be smart and save a little money.😏 And to top things off my choices in footwear tomorrow are sneakers or sandals.Hmmm, which will it be....

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Hmmmm, I thought I'd be smart and save a little money.😏 And to top things off my choices in footwear tomorrow are sneakers or sandals.Hmmm, which will it be....

Hopefully, you bought a shovel as a souvenir in one of your ports. 😄 

Seriously, I hope your flight isn't cancelled tomorrow and you get home to check things out. 🙂 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

It was 52°F but very windy with gusts over 60mph.

When it calmed down we went out for a walk and saw this close to home.

Graham.

IMG_20220129_164000.jpg

It looks like it took down part of another tree as well.  Lucky it didn’t injure anyone or damage any structures!  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Hopefully, you bought a shovel as a souvenir in one of your ports. 😄 

Seriously, I hope your flight isn't cancelled tomorrow and you get home to check things out. 🙂 

Funny thing is I have an old Taurus station wagon that I usually bring to the airport when I fly from Providence and I keep a shovel in it. But Bradley is a longer drive and I wanted to be comfortable so that car is home in the garage. Yup, made some awesome decisions last weekend. At least I left a sweatshirt in the car at the airport... which will be helpful once I actually get into the car.

• Like 7

The snow seems to have stopped and winds died down some.  Andy is out doing a 2nd pass with the snowblower.  Local news says the town next to us got 20.5 inches. Hard to tell with the drifting.  I’m making spicy sausage & lentil soup, that should warm Andy up when he comes in shortly.  We’re all packed & ready to go.  It looks like we’ll be able to get out of here sometime tomorrow.  
@Ocean Boy hoping you get home easily tomorrow. 
@DaniDanielleI hope the seas calm down soon!

@ReneeFLL I have not seen Heather Tesch on TV on the Weather Channel but she did a brief report on their website today. It appeared to be virtual, not in the studio. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Funny thing is I have an old Taurus station wagon that I usually bring to the airport when I fly from Providence and I keep a shovel in it. But Bradley is a longer drive and I wanted to be comfortable so that car is home in the garage. Yup, made some pretty good decisions last weekend. It least I left a sweatshirt in the car at the airport.

I am not sure how much snow they got in Hartford.  I know when my DH has flown into Logan after snow and was parked on the garage roof, a Massport guy was in a truck on the roof and met him at his car with a shovel to clear behind the car.  Maybe you will luck out and the lot has someone helping out too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Momof3gurlz said:

The snow seems to have stopped and winds died down some.  Andy is out doing a 2nd pass with the snowblower.  Local news says the town next to us got 20.5 inches. Hard to tell with the drifting.  I’m making spicy sausage & lentil soup, that should warm Andy up when he comes in shortly.  We’re all packed & ready to go.  It looks like we’ll be able to get out of here sometime tomorrow.  

@ReneeFLL I have not seen Heather Tesch on TV on the Weather Channel but she did a brief report on their website today. It appeared to be virtual, not in the studio. 

I am glad things have stopped for you guys so that you can get out tomorrow.  We have no plans, so are going to leave it until tomorrow as we are still supposed to have snow until midnight or so.

Safe travels! 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have seen a couple of post here of folks talking about Elton John concerts.  My daughter just text us to let us know she is getting ready for the Elton John concert at Little Rock this evening.  They love concerts.

We saw him my local hometown, London Ontario maybe 4 years ago. It was like a home coming for him to perform in our 10 thousand person arena, as his partner is from here.  No opening act, just him and it was an amazing show. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I am not sure how much snow they got in Hartford.  I know when my DH has flown into Logan after snow and was parked on the garage roof, a Massport guy was in a truck on the roof and met him at his car with a shovel to clear behind the car.  Maybe you will luck out and the lot has someone helping out too.

Bradley does say that the lot has amenities... whatever that means.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I bet the dog didn't like the howling winds.     How is your area now?

Last update I had from our neighbors that live year round in LBI was 13" and it stopped about 2 hours ago.   

The snow stopped about an hour ago but it is still windy.How is your area now ?

7 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

The snow seems to have stopped and winds died down some.  Andy is out doing a 2nd pass with the snow blower.  

@ReneeFLL Enjoy your next cruise!. 

+1 👍

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I am glad things have stopped for you guys so that you can get out tomorrow.  

Safe travels! 🙂 

+1 👍, Deb & Andy @Momof3gurlz

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Bradley does say that the lot has amenities... whatever that means.

I just found this on the website.

Available amenities include lost car locate, tire inflate, and battery jump. If you have any parking related questions, please call SP+ Parking at (860) 627-3555.

https://parkbradleyairport.com/lot-1/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

I just found this on the website.

Available amenities include lost car locate, tire inflate, and battery jump. If you have any parking related questions, please call SP+ Parking at (860) 627-3555.

https://parkbradleyairport.com/lot-1/

Thanks. I just put the number into my contacts. When I drove in I noticed they have parking attendents at the exits to collect fees. It is not automated like Providence so at least there will be people around to talk to if need be.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Why is it that we live in New England?

New England is a wonderful place to live in.Many people who I went to HS with left NY to work in NE.One guy,an Opthalmologist opened a practice in NE and is still practicing .Ten years ago he told me that if he was still in NY he would have retired.

🤢 Does Royal still hand out the motion sickness pills? I know it’s to late for now but I was thinking for next cruise if it’s going to be rough. The ones at home have probably expired. 

I was going to take a nap after morning trivia today because I didn’t sleep well last night. After a while I started to feel not so great so I stayed in bed thinking it would pass. Normally the rocking doesn’t bother me unless it’s bad. Maybe staying in bed made it worse? I’m pretty sure it’s from the rocking. I was going to skip lunch, but they had the chocolate fountain today so Mike brought back a stick with chocolate covered strawberries. I couldn’t resist. 😁 He didn’t think to take a picture of it. I’m not sure if I have ever seen one on Royal but have heard about them.

Still not feeling well so I know I’m not going to dinner, but Mike will bring me some pizza if I want some. Not sure if that will help some or make it worse. Does anyone know if there is anything I can do at this point? I used to always bring candied ginger in case I needed it, but quite because I would always just eat at the end of the cruise. 

• Like 2