Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

🤢 Does Royal still hand out the motion sickness pills? I know it’s to late for now but I was thinking for next cruise if it’s going to be rough. The ones at home have probably expired. 

I was going to take a nap after morning trivia today because I didn’t sleep well last night. After a while I started to feel not so great so I stayed in bed thinking it would pass. Normally the rocking doesn’t bother me unless it’s bad. Maybe staying in bed made it worse? I’m pretty sure it’s from the rocking. I was going to skip lunch, but they had the chocolate fountain today so Mike brought back a stick with chocolate covered strawberries. I couldn’t resist. 😁 He didn’t think to take a picture of it. I’m not sure if I have ever seen one on Royal but have heard about them.

Still not feeling well so I know I’m not going to dinner, but Mike will bring me some pizza if I want some. Not sure if that will help some or make it worse. Does anyone know if there is anything I can do at this point? I used to always bring candied ginger in case I needed it, but quite because I would always just eat at the end of the cruise. 

Green apples and saltine crackers. Years ago a stateroom attendant told us that this is what the crew eats for sea sickness.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

🤢 Does Royal still hand out the motion sickness pills? I know it’s to late for now but I was thinking for next cruise if it’s going to be rough. The ones at home have probably expired. 

I was going to take a nap after morning trivia today because I didn’t sleep well last night. After a while I started to feel not so great so I stayed in bed thinking it would pass. Normally the rocking doesn’t bother me unless it’s bad. Maybe staying in bed made it worse? I’m pretty sure it’s from the rocking. I was going to skip lunch, but they had the chocolate fountain today so Mike brought back a stick with chocolate covered strawberries. I couldn’t resist. 😁 He didn’t think to take a picture of it. I’m not sure if I have ever seen one on Royal but have heard about them.

Still not feeling well so I know I’m not going to dinner, but Mike will bring me some pizza if I want some. Not sure if that will help some or make it worse. Does anyone know if there is anything I can do at this point? I used to always bring candied ginger in case I needed it, but quite because I would always just eat at the end of the cruise. 

Have some green apple slices with the skin. It is my tried and tested prescription for motion sickness.

• Like 4

Whenever flying, I usually park at an offsite, private parking lot, like The Parking Spot. When the shuttle picks you up from the terminal, they will have my car waiting for me, all warmed up and snow removed. I just step out of the shuttle & into the car and off I go, after tipping the appropriate people of course. Plus, I earn points towards free parking, usually X number of days.

Using my AAA discount, the price is really not that much more than regular, long-term airport parking. Well worth the convenience.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

🤢 Does Royal still hand out the motion sickness pills? I know it’s to late for now but I was thinking for next cruise if it’s going to be rough.

I know that is the Standard Procedure, and very good pills at that (Dramamine).

4 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

Green apples and saltine crackers. Years ago a stateroom attendant told us that this is what the crew eats for sea sickness.

1 minute ago, Arzeena said:

Have some green apple slices with the skin. It is my tried and tested prescription for motion sickness.

+ 3, Feel good, Renee 

• Like 2

Ok, back to cruising. I can now officially say that this Windjammer, where I am sitting, did NOTHING special all week...no seafood night, no special dessert night, no nothing. Just a lot of repetition of the same stuff night after night. I haven't gone hungry but this cruise will not be remembered because of food. Other than that I have had a really great week that I'll post more thoughts about once I get home... whenever that occurs.

I'm glad I decided to just post on this thread during the week as opposed to the main board. For some reason this time around I felt like keeping this more among us. Can't really explain why. Most importantly, I can say that even with the intrusion of the storm back home, I have once again found the sense of peace that I search for when I go to sea. Both the sea and the Caribbean are very special to me. They hold great memories that I will cherish always. I feel very good tonight.... tomorrow night I'll deal with the frostbite.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

We are back from the Odyssey.

Very well organized disembarkation procedure. Luggage tags were according to decks. Blocks of rooms on our deck had same tag #s. I think it was very efficient, fast and elevators were easily available.

Since we were not in a rush and had to drive only up to Orlando area, we decided to drive via A1A a little bit. WOW those mansions in Palm Beach make the New Port mansions (that I went ga ga over!) to shame.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

8 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Thanks for the info. Mike just got back from the D lounge with some ginger ale. The D concierge said the green apples are what the crew use when not feeling well from motion sickness. He is off to hopefully find some and crackers.

5 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I know that is the Standard Procedure, and very good pills at that (Dramamine).

+ 3, Feel good, Renee 

Thanks Dani. Can’t believe I’m not feeling good.

16 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

What do you give her for snacks? Our cat Kylar is addicted to "Temptations" cat treats. They are like crack to him.

Our cats dont eat hard food as a meal but instead of buying snack bags I buy a large bag of fancy feast hard food.  I think I have the surf and turf flavor now and they love this as a snack🐱

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

What do you give her for snacks? Our cat Kylar is addicted to "Temptations" cat treats. They are like crack to him.

We are her dealer. She picks up 5 a night after our dinner and before her bedtime.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm glad I decided to just post on this thread during the week as opposed to the main board. For some reason this time around I felt like keeping this more among us. Can't really explain why.

Makes absolute sense to post here rather than the main boards. Still to many threads being hijacked by the usual cast of characters, getting up on their soap boxes and having the same old arguments for the past 2 years now.  And I'm not talking MDR dress codes or chair hogging either.😉

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I have heard many say as others on here have said that green apple with skin and saltines, if available, will definitely help.  Mike should be able to get at the WJ.

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have heard many say as others on here have said that green apple with skin and saltines, if available, will definitely help.  Mike should be able to get at the WJ.

He just went on the hunt. Thanks. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have once again found the sense of peace that I search for when I go to sea. Both the sea and the Caribbean are very special to me. They hold great memories that I will cherish always. I feel very good tonight.... tomorrow night I'll deal with the frostbite.

Unfortunately the WJ didn’t live up to prior experiences but I am happy that you have reconnected in the other ways that you remember.  The apprehension you had about sailing the last few weeks seems to have melted away. (See what I did there)😉

I look forward to the day I can finally return.  

• Like 9