Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Caden is doing great with drill or screwdriver too!!   Always love seeing them learn how to build things.

When I was 6 years old my parents bought me a Handy Andy tool set.It consisted of a hammer,wrench,saw and screwdriver.

I still have the set in the metal box that it came in.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks all my surgery is set for next Wednesday February 9th at 10:30am. I am doing exercises twice daily to strengthen the muscles around the knee. I will have my covid test on Monday two days before surgery. Getting anxious and a little nervous but considering I can barely walk now I will be glad to get this done.

I hope and pray that you will have great success,Greg.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks all my surgery is set for next Wednesday February 9th at 10:30am. I am doing exercises twice daily to strengthen the muscles around the knee. I will have my covid test on Monday two days before surgery. Getting anxious and a little nervous but considering I can barely walk now I will be glad to get this done.

I'm sure all will go well and you will be so happy you had it done when you are chasing pups around the house this Spring💕🙏

• Like 3

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Hi Dani.

We went for afternoon tea at the Burj Al Arab in the Sky bar in February 2017 and I screenshot these photos from my TripAdvisor review in March 2017.

Bookings are still being taken for afternoon tea.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220202_200925.jpg

Screenshot_20220202_200849.jpg

Screenshot_20220202_200824.jpg

From 2017? Neither of you has aged a bit!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

After someone stole things from my kids medicine cabinet I have wanted to fill the cabinet with marbles to catch a future snooper/thief.

How could people go into someone’s medicine cabinet? That is beyond rude!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks.

The family is doing great now.  Today Caden and Aubrey did their second cooking video.  So funny to watch.  
Kenzie is doing much better eating now.

C80CE9E7-4861-47C6-89AE-6A1D3CE7605B.thumb.jpeg.c8bafd9feba9f172f2d061636ef6f5ff.jpeg

She has been helping mom with the laundry.  If something didn’t look properly folded she made sure to pull it off the stack.

4A933D55-415B-46BA-9099-DDA32C2526E1.thumb.jpeg.799d9bd4022ecb97a0bfbe80d6ef020f.jpeg

Then she made sure to supervised the guys building some raised.

94C92953-D9F5-4FAB-8577-A0FBEC10101C.thumb.jpeg.81d4f0c8757a5741a2b27a91f872d93d.jpeg

We have a text thread where we post the funny things the kids say.  This week, while Aubrey was helping 
With the laundry…..  Wow!  We’re going to have a clean house someday!  😂 

Kenzie is such a cutie!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Jim and I had made plans to get together tomorrow with a couple that we haven't seen in over 20 years in Cape Coral.  They have not gotten vaccinated and do not plan to.  Well, Jim started with a cold over the weekend, so we told this couple that Jim would take the Covid test just to make sure that he was okay.  Well, Jim has Covid!!!  He took the test, and it showed that he was Positive.  He then took another test, and that also showed Positive.  So, there's that.....

Wishing a mild case and a speedy recovery for Jim.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Jim and I had made plans to get together tomorrow with a couple that we haven't seen in over 20 years in Cape Coral.  They have not gotten vaccinated and do not plan to.  Well, Jim started with a cold over the weekend, so we told this couple that Jim would take the Covid test just to make sure that he was okay.  Well, Jim has Covid!!!  He took the test, and it showed that he was Positive.  He then took another test, and that also showed Positive.  So, there's that.....

I hope Jim’s COVID stays mild and you don’t get it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I forgot to tell you. You may already be doing this!

My surgeon had me drink a couple of protein shakes a day starting a week before my colon surgery and continuing for a week after. Supposedly it helps with healing. 
A friend just had her knee replaced and her surgeon said the same thing. 
I knew nothing about protein shakes but found out I really like Boost Plus…chocolate. Tasted like a milk shake and no weird aftertaste. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Another winter storm is coming to our area. I was sent on a mission with another 12-16” of snow expected to come. You might just call it another day in Canada. 😆

C221A78E-B9BD-4E07-9521-B050CCD401DA.thumb.jpeg.baa84248848604f3761105ab83181b8b.jpeg

Mission completed. Storm chips and ice cream, hot chocolate, and a coffee to go. I got milk too, but that’s not as exciting. Bring it on Mother Nature. 

D29B47F0-A291-4444-8F39-644076FF3D77.thumb.jpeg.2b9306997e701fde880817887727564b.jpeg

03758F8B-A82F-42C5-92A8-942470E754D2.thumb.jpeg.052b5c34313c6640cf68300888f9b420.jpeg

New Englanders are known for making a run on bread & milk whenever a storm is forecast. I never understood this. If I’m going to be stuck at home, I want the kind of goodies you purchased.  And lots of wine.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

@Luckynana I hope Jim’s Covid symptoms remain mild and that you either don’t get it, or also have a mild case.  
We made it to Ft Lauderdale late this afternoon. This is our 1st time doing an air bnb.  It’s smaller than I expected, but immaculate and conveniently located not too far from Las Olas Blvd in the Victoria Park neighborhood.  Weather looks fabulous for the next week - high 70’s with lots of sunshine.  
As far as parents & in-laws.  I grew up with wonderful parents, both now gone. They themselves came from tumultuous broken homes but were amazingly loving and supportive of me, especially when I was a single mom.  We had our “moments” but that’s only normal.  Andy on the other hand grew up in a dysfunctional and abusive household,  yet he is the exact opposite.  His  Dad passed 5 yrs ago but his Mom is still alive.  She runs on martyrdom and manipulation.  
But I have to say I think @Sunshine3601your MIL takes the cake!

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I hope and pray that you will have great success,Greg.

Thank you Lenny so much. I will keep everyone posted.

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm sure all will go well and you will be so happy you had it done when you are chasing pups around the house this Spring💕🙏

Thinking about having the other knee done this spring and getting it over with. Surgeon says minimum of 6 weeks. Thank you.

2 hours ago, Sheal said:

Greg, do you have an insurance rider to cover the booze?  That is quite the collection!

Lol I wish. I don't even want to tally up the cost. It's easy when you add bottles slowly.

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I forgot to tell you. You may already be doing this!

My surgeon had me drink a couple of protein shakes a day starting a week before my colon surgery and continuing for a week after. Supposedly it helps with healing. 
A friend just had her knee replaced and her surgeon said the same thing. 
I knew nothing about protein shakes but found out I really like Boost Plus…chocolate. Tasted like a milk shake and no weird aftertaste. 

Great idea. Better than the one my Dr. Brother has me doing drinking a cup of bone broth a day. That stuff tastes nasty.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Today was a fun and unique day for me, and I do not want to repeat myself from what I shared on the Bella Oasis thread.

But to make a long story short I had to run to the store today, even after I did my major storm shopping on Sunday.

So the store was a tad crowded with all those last minute shoppers "doomsday preppers" pre storm.

And I add  chicken and a couple other items.  I had 6 items in my mini buggy.

I go to the check outs and of course all the lines were long.

Everyone has milk, bread, cereal, water....of course that stuff for me is properly stored at home.

So what may you ask are my six items?

one container of macaroni salad

one 2 pound package of boneless chicken breast

two bottles of Prosecco.

Forgot the fruit and veggies I threw in.   Which was the reason i really went (fresh chicken was an after thought) But good idea even though I have chicken in the freezer.

Yup I got a few looks.

And after the great day I had, we are down to just one bottle.

Took a nap before THE AMAZING RACE.

Now I'm awake.

Catch you later.

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 12

My parents loved me more than anything else in the whole world. :classic_smile: My paternal grandparents died when I was very young, probably before I was 5. 

My doctor was taking a family history and asked about them. I said I think my grandfather had a heart attack; I don't know about my paternal grandmother. 

I went home and called my mom to ask what she had passed from. My mom said, "I don't remember, probably meanness, she was such a nasty b****. " :classic_rolleyes: And your grandfather was such a nice man. 

Oh. Okay. I don't think that helps with the medical thing. Thanks mom. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 5
  • Haha 11

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

We received out covid test kits today from Uncle Sugar. 

47 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

OH, I got my two free packs of 2 home testing for COVID kits today in the mail.  They arrived and showed up in the mail box.

Take care

I ordered mine on Jan. 20th.  Still waiting.....

• Like 2