Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Neither will a hurricane if your home is built properly. 😁

I didn’t ask my daughter what adding the hurricane stuff to their new house cost. 
The house is covered with Hardieboard, windows and roof are Cat 5, whole house gas generator is automatic, the air conditioner compressors were made in Germany. They are completely sealed and cooled by deep wells. 
The house is set back from the dunes and above them, so the highest tides shouldn’t get them. 
They tried to think of all possibilities, but there is still no guarantee their house will survive a bad one. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Back from the cancer doctor. Things are not too bad.  She wants him to go for a pet scan to see if the lesions are actually new ones.  If so, she will just change his medicine around.  I asked her if he would be around for quite awhile and she said definitely.😁so, thank you all for your good wishes and support.

So thankful to hear.  Thanks for the update.  Sounds promising.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Question for whoever knows are about cargo/trunk space for SUV's.      We are going to rent a vehicle to drive to Cape Liberty cruise port (cheaper than parking for 14 nights and we cannot fit everyone's luggage into any of our cars).     We will have 4 adults and 3 full size bags and 3 small bags and a couple back packs that we can put in the interior with us.    

Our choices are:

Mazda CX-5, Ford Edge or Nissan Pathfinder (no mini vans are available).   

We are not a SUV family so I really don't know how they compare in size.     If anyone can help us with a decision on which vehicle to rent that would be great!     Thank you🤩

2 hours ago, George C said:

In the past there was always interviews followed by autographs sessions where you can meet and get pictures with the artist, but I guess because of Covid they didn’t have that for the most part but sometimes the artist would hang around after the concert so you could talk to them and get autographs. Have not seen any of the bigger stars in suite lounge yet, but it’s still early.

just saw Mellisa Manchester and that was one of the best concerts I have ever seen and I see lots of concerts will definitely see her again if she is near where we live or someplace we will visit. Music on these cruises is amazing besides the main artist they have lots of other extremely talented singers and musicians. There was about a thousand people at the pool this morning listening to a Queen cover band. Tomorrow we are in St Maarten not sure if we will get off the boat depends on what entertainment is on the ship . It was funny on a previous music cruise there was a huge rccl ship docked next to us and we had a great band at our pool and there were loads on rccl passengers listening and applauding from there ship.

You'll be missing some nasty weather at home.  Today was 82 and Wed. will be 32 with sleet, ice and who knows what else will fall from our Dallas area skies. 

Did your cruise group charter the whole ship?

Continue to have a wonderful cruise!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Question for whoever knows are about cargo/trunk space for SUV's.      We are going to rent a vehicle to drive to Cape Liberty cruise port (cheaper than parking for 14 nights and we cannot fit everyone's luggage into any of our cars).     We will have 4 adults and 3 full size bags and 3 small bags and a couple back packs that we can put in the interior with us.    

Our choices are:

We are not a SUV family so I really don't know how they compare in size.     If anyone can help us with a decision on which vehicle to rent that would be great!     Thank you🤩

Looks like Ford Edge is your winner:

The Ford Edge includes 39.2 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seats. When the rear seats are folded flat, the cargo area expands to 73.4 cubic feet.

Mazda CX-5 provides plenty of cargo storage room for all of your belongings. Check out the Mazda CX-5 cargo space dimensions: Cargo Space Behind Rear Seats: 30.9 cubic feet. Cargo Space With Rear Seats Folded Down: 59.6 cubic feet.

The Nissan Pathfinder has 16.6 cubic feet of cargo space behind its third-row seats, 45 cubic feet with those seats folded, and 80.5 cubic feet with all rear seats folded.

I hope this helps.

Greg

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Our choices are:

I'm not an expert but I'd think that the Pathfinder would give you the most space.  It can have a third row of seats, which can fold down.  I don't think you could fit a third row in the other 2 models.  It still might be tight and you might need to put a small bag or 2 in with the rear seat passengers.  How far will you be driving?  As much as I prefer an SUV to a minivan, we rent minivans when on a golf trip.  Much more space for 4 guys and their clubs/luggage.  Too bad that there are none available.

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

The Ford Edge includes 39.2 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seats. When the rear seats are folded flat, the cargo area expands to 73.4 cubic feet.

Mazda CX-5 provides plenty of cargo storage room for all of your belongings. Check out the Mazda CX-5 cargo space dimensions: Cargo Space Behind Rear Seats: 30.9 cubic feet. Cargo Space With Rear Seats Folded Down: 59.6 cubic feet.

The Nissan Pathfinder has 16.6 cubic feet of cargo space behind its third-row seats, 45 cubic feet with those seats folded, and 80.5 cubic feet with all rear seats folded.

I hope this helps.

Greg

Great information!    Thank you.    I was just googling photos of each of vehicle and the Mazda CX5 is definitely too small based on the photo I don't see us fitting enough luggage for 4 adults. 

We are only driving for about 2 +/- hrs. so we could always put one small bag and the back packs in the middle of the back seat if we had to.  

from the photos on the avis rental site I didn't realize the pathfinder had 3rd row seating so that would work well to put that seat down or the ford edge.     

Narrowing it down - thank you!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm not an expert but I'd think that the Pathfinder would give you the most space.  It can have a third row of seats, which can fold down.  I don't think you could fit a third row in the other 2 models.  It still might be tight and you might need to put a small bag or 2 in with the rear seat passengers.  How far will you be driving?  As much as I prefer an SUV to a minivan, we rent minivans when on a golf trip.  Much more space for 4 guys and their clubs/luggage.  Too bad that there are none available.

I am going to call my local Avis and ask if the Pathfinders they rent have the 3rd row seating as I think that will work well.    If not, looks like Ford Edge is the next best option. 

Eric was hoping they rented the Porsche Cayenne as he would like to try one out but after looking online they have a very small cargo area and it wouldn't work for us. 

The last time we did similar trip to NY cruise port with my parents (who definitely overpacked) we had rented a mini-van and that worked well but they are not available for this trip.

21 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I hope this helps.

Greg

Actually, wouldn't the Pathfinder (with third row seats folded) be the better choice?  45>39

• Like 4

I agree with @Sea Dog, Ford Edge should be sufficient.  I have a similar size SUV with 40 cubic feet of cargo & when I went to Texas to pick up my stepdaughter,  i was able to fit 2 large & 3 small suitcases as well as 4 duffle bags in the cargo area without folding the back seat.  Take away the 4 duffel bags  & I could have easily put in a 3rd large suit case.

The only thing that might tilt towards the Pathfinder is that it's a more square, boxier vehicle which should make it easier to load & stack large objects.  The swooping lines of the Edge may cut into the space making it difficult to stack the suitcases. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Fantastic news!  Must be a huge relief.  I always have a bottle of champagne chilling in the fridge when Micheline has to get her routine bloodwork done.  Take any chance that you can get to celebrate a win against cancer.

I am going to celebrate tomorrow for National Margarita Day!   Charlie isn’t allowed to drink, too many meds, so I will have one for him too😃

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Just now, DaniDanielle said:

I am going to celebrate tomorrow for National Margarita Day!   Charlie isn’t allowed to drink, too many meds, so I will have one for him too😃

Since I’m on pain meds and can’t drink will you have another one for me? Cheers!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

BBQ ribeyes tonight. Our appetites are holding on. Owen is doing well all things considered. As of now Lisa and I are still negative. 

319DD860-08F8-49E6-88E6-3BF573C2B609.thumb.jpeg.78e5cd1d0f6b57bbdf4eec17f11bfd7a.jpeg

10993E41-8725-4FF2-8AB0-4C33E63AC808.thumb.jpeg.3fc718722f326c69881094561324885d.jpeg

While you and I might not agree on raisins, I have to give you the award for best grilled meat pictures.  Your steaks always look amazing.  You can hold the peas though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Back from the cancer doctor. Things are not too bad.  She wants him to go for a pet scan to see if the lesions are actually new ones.  If so, she will just change his medicine around.  I asked her if he would be around for quite awhile and she said definitely.😁so, thank you all for your good wishes and support.

Very happy to read this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Decided to finally take the plunge today and order a new cell phone. The battery in my S8 is getting weaker after its almost 5 years of service. So is was either invest in a five year old phone and put in a new battery or update the phone. Decided to go with a Samsung S22. I won't get it until April as I wanted the color graphite. Hopefully I will like the phone as much as I have my S8 and, hopefully, it will last as long. I'm still not happy about it not having an SD expansion slot but it does have 256gb of memory. My S8 had sort of been like an old friend. I kind of hate to leave it behind.

• Like 5