Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you so much, Sue!  June will be here before you know it.  Meanwhile, feel better with this Virus.  I hope your next test will finally be Negative for you.

No unfortunately, day 8 and still two strong red lines 🤷‍♀️

On the plus side I took Molly out for a walk yesterday in the woods.  Very few people around and was able to keep well away from anyone, think the nearest was about a quarter of a mile away

It's a lovely rare sunny day here today so will do the same today. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Luckynana said:

OMG.  This is so tragic.  I was talking to a young woman outside my condo this morning, and she said her parents are in the Ukraine.  God help everyone over there.😢

Sending prayers and thoughts to all of Ukraine.  This probably isn't the place to put down my thoughts but I'm so upset and my heart goes out to all Ukrainians.

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 11

13 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

What is in a Bush Whacker?

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Never had one yet but I want to try. Very interesting ingredients.

The Bushwacker is a cocktail invented in 1975 at the Ship's Store, Sapphire Pub at Sapphire Village in St. Thomas, Virgin Islands. It is similar to a creamy, chocolate piña colada.Wikipedia

Ingredients: 1 ounce Dark Crème de Cacao, 1 ounce Dark Rum, 1 ounce Kahlúa, More

Preparation: Blend all the ingredients together in a blender, including the ice, and then strain into a hurricane glass. Place cherry on top of the drink as a garnish and serve. Whipped cream can also be added as a garnish to the top of the drink before the cherry.

Served: Straight up

Standard garnish: Maraschino Cherry, Nutmeg, Whipped cream

They are delicious.😋

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Never had one yet but I want to try. Very interesting ingredients.

The Bushwacker is a cocktail invented in 1975 at the Ship's Store, Sapphire Pub at Sapphire Village in St. Thomas, Virgin Islands. It is similar to a creamy, chocolate piña colada.Wikipedia

Ingredients: 1 ounce Dark Crème de Cacao, 1 ounce Dark Rum, 1 ounce Kahlúa, More

Preparation: Blend all the ingredients together in a blender, including the ice, and then strain into a hurricane glass. Place cherry on top of the drink as a garnish and serve. Whipped cream can also be added as a garnish to the top of the drink before the cherry.

Served: Straight up

Standard garnish: Maraschino Cherry, Nutmeg, Whipped cream

5 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

They are delicious.😋

Ok, it is on my list for April. I wonder if they have them at the Barrachina in San Juan. That is a favorite place of mine in town.

• Like 3

Good morning. Woke up this morning and looked out the window. We dodged the snow but the rain froze on the trees.  Surrounding areas have power failures, due to trees down but not on our street. 

29CC318C-8097-4E2C-B2CB-BBEFB60ABF6E.jpeg

43751452-BD06-4C8E-A202-9CB8C9FCE628.jpeg

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 6

Has anyone ever visited Clifton Heritage national Park in Nassau?  If yes, how did you get there?  Is there a public bus that heads to that end of the island?

I'm looking for something to do with our Son and his Fiance other than beach or walking around town.  

I think they would like snorkeling at Jaws beach that some sunken boats from the movie and another area has a sunken plane from a James Bond movie.  Plus a tour/walk the area for some history. 

Thoughts please

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ok, it is on my list for April. I wonder if they have them at the Barrachina in San Juan. That is a favorite place of mine in town.

It’s a favorite of ours as well. I know it’s touristy, but we love the little courtyard where the bar is located. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Owen is back to school and Lisa and I are out of quarantine.  Grocery shopping, meetings and hockey will be our day today. 

Glad to hear you’re all well. 
I started to feel a scratchy throat Wednesday night, woke up yesterday with barely any voice and a headache on top of it.  Did a Binax rapid test and was negative.  Feeling worse this morning and Andy still has cold symptoms.  We’re both going to test again later today 🤞

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

It’s a favorite of ours as well. I know it’s touristy, but we love the little courtyard where the bar is located. 

It doesn't matter that it is touristy. Sometimes it is all about the memories that were made in a certain place. And I do like that courtyard.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Haven't watched this season. Used to be the biggest fan. But I got put off by Survivor and Big Brother this year and just haven't the energy to get involved. 

Was it as good as Jonathan and Victoria from the early days?

Nothing will ever replace him yelling VICTORRRIA! 
I was glad to read later that she divorced him. 
John, you have missed a good season. The teams are competitive but not nasty. They have spent time in Corsica, which was a bonus for us who enjoy seeing places we haven’t been, and Greece in areas we, or at least I, have never been. 
Corsica was an eye opener for me. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, George C said:

Another great day on our rock and romance cruise, we had breakfast in suite restaurant and drummer for Guess Who was sitting next to us , I asked him if he was playing with the band when they visited the White House while Nixon was president and he was there , I had remembered that they told the band you can’t play the song “ American Woman “ , he gave us details of the visit , very friendly guy who was with the band since the 1960’s, they asked them to play since they had British royalty and the band was Canadian . We then saw the band Ambrosia at the pool then the Guess Who later they were fantastic, they had dinner after the show in the suite restaurant and we applauded them when they entered the restaurant. Will add a few pictures later, long day. 

What a great story. Drummer’s are always the nicest guys in the band.😉

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Love Barrachina. You will have to get their famous Pina Colada too.

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Owen is back to school and Lisa and I are out of quarantine.  Grocery shopping, meetings and hockey will be our day today. 

Great news I’m happy everyone is out of quarantine and you you can get to life as normal. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Just saw this on another site.  Nothing like taking chair hogging to the next level.  Someone put this bike lock on three lounge chairs on Allure this morning.

May be an image of body of water

Thanks for the idea.  Packing one now. 🤣🤣 👿 

• Haha 11

20 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Just saw this on another site.  Nothing like taking chair hogging to the next level.  Someone put this bike lock on three lounge chairs on Allure this morning.

May be an image of body of water

Those people should be thrown off the ship!  That's atrocious!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/23/2022 at 8:35 PM, Luckynana said:

I think I'm going to start with the Miami Vice😉

I'm pretty boring..I mostly drink Vodka and Tonic, Bloody Mary's, Sangria, Baileys, or Beer.

With my list, it's going to open new Horizons for me..lol!

I'm a huge fan of the peach daiquiri -- very tasty. 

I'm not much on alcoholic drinks (I get the peach daiquiri without the booze), but I do like the Pretty in Pink from the Champagne / R bar (I also get it with light booze):

264925248_10158489655091905_6526494743202045794_n.jpg

• Like 1