Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

image.jpeg.b450f06cc1d3104b7877f7bc3772262c.jpeg

Dear @dani negreanu

Belated birthday wishes for peace and joy in the year ahead,

And thank you once again for creating this wonderful thread!

It has been a blessing to me and your many followers these past two years.

Fondly,

Sue

PS ~ So sorry my message is a couple of days late. 

(Fingers crossed that the image I chose for you attaches.

First try was huge and second try might be too tiny??)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thanks for the explanation.  We always had baseboard heat and ceiling grates for A/C in the 3 homes we owned, 2 in NY and one in TX.    I know some have what's called forced air conditioning but that's not what we had.  Folks have what's called swamp A/C in El Paso where my sister lived.  Windows had to be left open a crack I think to counter the humidity that builds up with that type of A/C.

Glad I always had effective quiet heat and A/C for the most part. However, I still cringe at how high the electric bill was during all those hot 100+ degree TX summers living in a large 2 story house where it always was unbearable on the 2nd floor unless the A/C was running full blast. 

Really prefer our single story house we moved into about ten years ago , much easier to heat and cool, also dehumidifiers are really handy in summer down here we have a couple. We just returned from a friends house who has solar panels will need to think about them in the future. 

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I WILL get there.  I Will!!!!!

Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures, Sue!

Come on over 😀 .  At moment no tests necessary for fully vaxxed. And BA and Virgin are talking about no masks on board soon

• Like 4

13 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We sailed from Southampton England to :-

Vigo Spain.

Gibraltar.

Alicante Spain.

Barcelona Spain 2 days.

Cadiz Spain.

Lisbon Portugal.

IMG_20220316_182916.jpg

IMG_20220316_163916.jpg

IMG_20220311_200714.jpg

IMG_20220311_102006.jpg

IMG_20220310_194824.jpg

IMG_20220311_185833.jpg

IMG_20220310_094210.jpg

IMG_20220308_105731.jpg

IMG-20220316-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20220313-WA0002.jpg

Oooh, lovely. How nice to have some warm sunny weather and in a new ship too 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Correct re my life experiences ,some of which I have yet to discuss here.However,I regret not doing the travels that everyone who posts on this thread have done.

I have traveled abroad since I was 12  the last 44 years with Pauline and there are lots of places we would still like to see.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Keksie said:

That sounds like a fabulous trip.  The food looked really good and the places look very interesting.

13 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

You live a great life,Graham

13 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Graham, your cruise vacation sounds wonderful! When and where to next? Love the pictures!

13 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

When I read about and see pictures of your wonderful life with Pauline I regret all the things that I did not do why I was physically able.

11 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Graham and Pauline, so glad you had a fitting celebration for Pauline's XX birthday. In reading various reviews, it seems that Iona is an excellent ship. The itinerary was awesome.

+ 2 😢

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I m so happy you both enjoyed the Birthday cruise.  Food looks amazing.😍

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

@grapau27 So happy you had a great birthday cruise. Pictures look awesome with some great food and locations. I would love to do an itinerary like that. Cheers!

11 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Oooh, lovely. How nice to have some warm sunny weather and in a new ship too 

Thank you all for your nice words.

Graham.

• Like 3

Boy, so much updating since I last read this Thread late Thursday. I cheated a little and skimmed it briefly one day.

First of all, I cannot believe all the trials and tribulations all are enduring, from surgeries, to losing loved ones, to making expensive upgrades on homes.

Love all the pictures of kitchens.........hmmmmm maybe one day I can upgrade circa 1991 laminate counter tops.

But those that suffer from intractable pain, my heart goes out to you.

When I was in the work force, and someone needed a RFA to a nerve block, I do not know if people realize the preliminary team conferences held.

To begin with when you are helping someone who has pain severe enough to render any daily activities from occurring, you need to pay special attention to their anesthetic requirements. 

For a nerve block, it is a deep twilight sleep, using any and all meds to render a person unconscious and free from movement, without placing  a breathing tube in and putting on the ventilator, because once the level of discomfort is located the procedure takes a few minutes.  It is a fine line from safety to disaster, and we have all emergency supplies ready to be used.  Some days we did 25-30 patients a day.  And that is alot of turn around time, monitor, medicate chart wakeup go to recovery and do over and over again.  But when you hear the results are so beneficial and people leave to go home pain free, it is worth the craziness of the schedule and the profession is at its best.

During my career, I was able to provide tons of care to those needing blocks and I must say I had many a happy camper.

For the RFA, it is a little more involved.

Because the Anesthesiologist providing care and knowing the patient better than anyone else, updates us on what drugs and what amount are to be given.

Their clients are not addicts, and only looking for drugs.

On the contrary, they have to leap through hurdles and get insurance coverage before they can help someone became pain free.

Their medications are strictly controlled, and I wish people would stop labeling those in pain, no one should have to deal with this disease.

My heart always goes out to people who suffer and need relief.

RFA is a great procedure and when I meet someone after they had the treatment and they are getting back to a functional capacity it is worth all the joy in the world.

Good luck and just know better days are ahead.

Ok, 

Be safe. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@Sunshine3601  Car packed? Ready to Roll? Let's get this show on the road!

Have a great cruise(s) and hope for  just smooth seas ahead for  you and  your  family.

Take Care and hope the next 2  weeks goes Slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

@Sunshine3601  Car packed? Ready to Roll? Let's get this show on the road!

Have a great cruise(s) and hope for  just smooth seas ahead for  you and  your  family.

Take Care and hope the next 2  weeks goes Slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Chris and Donna are getting on train now from Philly and should arrive at warminster station at 10:22 where we will pick them up and be on our way to bayonne.

Luggage is loaded.

Tons of room in the Chevy Tahoe we rented.   

Budget rental near cruise terminal open till 1 pm.   Plenty of time to drop off luggage at cruise terminal then drop off rental and uber back to ship.

Beautiful weather!!!

• Like 16

Since my hubby and I took a short vacation to Florida, I haven’ been reading CC very much. This thread is a reflection of life- both happy and sad.

I am pleased to read about cruise travels,engagements, and celebrations. Special birthday wishes to Dani and Pauline !

It is very concerning to hear about those experiencing physical pain, illness and loss. 

Sending special good health wishes to @Sea Dog and John’s Amanda that they overcome their challenges and return to good health.

I am posting some photos of our stay in Florida. It was a bit difficult to leave the sunshine and the kind staff who took care of us. But, all good things come to an end. We are glad to be home and know that Spring is on the way.

Wishing all who post here a lovely day!

3EBEF99A-90F4-47E8-9F34-F16206796E55.jpeg

365461B3-A697-442B-805D-11A7D4E963B4.jpeg

6D52788B-9808-4EA1-8914-6B2AB014D43E.jpeg

DB6BFA4F-C4F7-49A0-8260-3437F8C3F23F.jpeg

1B1761F8-70B5-49D4-BE8E-33E5D5ADB92E.jpeg

1F1AB3E6-DBC5-41A1-9344-26C026FCE2C1.jpeg

C06D9786-B6F5-4BFD-831A-01C18068A7CD.jpeg

Edited by MJSailors
Added photo
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Chris and Donna are getting on train now from Philly and should arrive at warminster station at 10:22 where we will pick them up and be on our way to bayonne.

Luggage is loaded.

Budget rental near cruise terminal open till 1 pm.   Plenty of time to drop off luggage at cruise terminal then drop off rental and uber back to ship.

Beautiful weather!!!

Hope dropping off car, is just dropping key in a drop box....seems a little tight  dropping off luggage at cruise terminal not knowing what you will run into there and then doubling back to  car rental by 1pm.

and I-295 or I-95 are never a picnic, never know how those highways can be. Unpredictable.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Luggage is loaded.

Beautiful weather!!!

Have a great time! Look forward to hearing about it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

Come on over 😀 .  At moment no tests necessary for fully vaxxed. And BA and Virgin are talking about no masks on board soon

That's what I want to hear.  No masks on board!!!

I know I've mentioned it before..we have had our trips to London cancelled 3 times already..this time I"m not going to book a combined trip with a cruise out of Southampton.  I just want to fly there and spend time in your beautiful Country.  My ancestors left there in the 1700's, arriving in Tennessee and Kentucky.  

• Like 4

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

We did,  we got out 😁 but didn't find the centre.

Well! You just changed my personal history. 
All this time I thought because on two separate visits, we went into the maze and came out again, that we had conquered it. 
I don’t think we found the center, either!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

Since my hubby and I took a short vacation to Florida, I haven’ been reading CC very much. This thread is a reflection of life- both happy and sad.

I am pleased to read about cruise travels,engagements, and celebrations. Special birthday wishes to Dani and Pauline !

It is very concerning to hear about those experiencing physical pain, illness and loss. 

Sending special good health wishes to @Sea Dog and John’s Amanda that they overcome their challenges and return to good health.

I am posting some photos of our stay in Florida. It was a bit difficult to leave the sunshine and the kind staff who took care of us. But, all good things come to an end. We are glad to be home and know that Spring is on the way.

Beautiful pictures!!  Where in Florida did you stay?

Glad to hear that Spring is in the air at home!

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Hope dropping off car, is just dropping key in a drop box....seems a little tight  dropping off luggage at cruise terminal not knowing what you will run into there and then doubling back to  car rental by 1pm.

and I-295 or I-95 are never a picnic, never know how those highways can be. Unpredictable.

Friends of ours drove from New Bern, NC to NJ on Friday, with very light traffic;  possibly due to the cost of gas?  Priorities these days....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Luggage is loaded.

Beautiful weather!!!

I’m excited for you. 
One week from today we’ll hopefully be boarding Harmony. 
I wish you the best of weather, wonderful food, stellar entertainment, and glorious family time…with zero seasickness!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

Where in Florida were you?

It looks like the weather gods treated you well. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jimbo said:

#15 St. Peters Peacocks in the Sweet Sixteen.................how crazy is that?

Can you imagine if they were to win the tournament ?The Coach is going to be flooded with job offers.He is a graduate of Seton Hall.Their Coach is leaving to coach Maryland .I wonder if he will leave St.Peters or do what an unknown Coach did many years ago and decide to spend his entire coaching life with his school,Gonzaga.

• Like 2