Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@lenquixote66I am so sorry you have so much pain and are dealing with so many health issues . It mustn’t be easy for Toby , either . 

@jagsfanIt takes me a week to pack . Waiting for the last minute would not work for me , test or no test. 

@dani negreanuNo one can ever accuse you of not being prepared.  Tik Tok ? 

To those who who are not plagued by termites lucky you.  It cost us $10,000 to fumigate and repair the damage caused by these bugs.  They’ve  just left after spending two mornings here post fumigation. 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Captain Kate doesn't "do" this... I read an interview with her, where she mentioned that she doesn't "do" it since it means she will only met 2-4 persons during at least 2 hours diner, whereas if she is doing "rounds" in the MDR, she gets to see and mingle with many more, not necessarily those picked by the PRs....

I hope so too, but keeping my "expectations" on the very low burner... For me, it's enough that she will be on command, since she's leading to a very joyful atmosphere in the crew, she's treating ALL of them very nicely, and this tends to reflect on their mood. [sorry, in Hebrew I'm sounding much better...].

Your English is excellent!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

To those who who are not plagued by termites lucky you.  It cost us $10,000 to fumigate and repair the damage caused by these bugs.  They’ve  just left after spending two mornings here post fumigation. 

Termites are a PIA. We have drywoods in the porch and dampwoods in the bathroom floor. We will have to use a spot treatment "orange oil" company because our house can't be fumigated. With the huge attached deck, they can't drop tarps to the ground to seal the structure. We are not looking forward to the cost. :classic_smile:

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

@jagsfanIt takes me a week to pack . Waiting for the last minute would not work for me , test or no test. 

Ouch!   Hopefully those pesky buggers are all dead and gone for good!

I packed the week before our cruise then put suitcases back into the closet then brought back out after we got our test results and passed my last minute stuff.

There is always something I forget.    This time it was a sweatshirt and I was going to buy one on one of the islands and forgot to do that 😅     

• Like 3

So, after having a Friday night dinner off last week [celebrating my birthday at a restaurant 😉], back to the "regular program". As a bonus, we got the grandkids for a sleep over [aka, white night for me...]

This time the "chef" has outdone himself with an excellent shepherd's pie, slices of baked eggplant with tehina, among other goodies...

IMG_6921.thumb.jpg.50c5a8952730117cb78c58d6405a7696.jpg

IMG_6922.thumb.jpg.52d7f1f47ab7477b6395eb13bd6d45bd.jpg

@Ozark_Kid, John, pls. feel free to "stage" the pictures better 🙏

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have  a sea day and am catching up on everything    How is your knee?

Enjoy and drink a tasty drink for me!

Knee is progressing slowly but on time. I got 119 degrees in therapy today. Biggest problem I’m having is in being very uncomfortable with leg soreness, muscle fatigue and restless leg syndrome which is driving me crazy. Today while napping my leg just started twitching. I don’t know if it’s just the nerves trying to grow back or what. Right now I’m sore and my leg feels very heavy. I hope all this gets better. I have to admit it’s been tough on me mentally.

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Knee is progressing slowly but on time. I got 119 degrees in therapy today. Biggest problem I’m having is in being very uncomfortable with leg soreness, muscle fatigue and restless leg syndrome which is driving me crazy. Today while napping my leg just started twitching. I don’t know if it’s just the nerves trying to grow back or what. Right now I’m sore and my leg feels very heavy. I hope all this gets better. I have to admit it’s been tough on me mentally.

OK, I didn’t have those problems, so I can’t say chin up it’s almost over. 
I will say just keep on keeping on. It may take a little longer than we expected, but it will get better. 
When do you see your orthopedist again?

And what does your therapist say about it?

Maybe changing up your exercises might help. 
And maybe they’ll order an ultrasound sound on the leg. Might be a good idea. 
We’re pulling for you!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Hi Sue @sgmn

On our 14 night P&O Iona cruise from Southampton March 5th-19th masks were required while walking around the ship and in the theatre which had social distancing cards on seats.

When getting off the ship in Spain security took a temperature check as required by Spain 

Vigo Spain- no restrictions but masks required in shops.

Gibraltar- no restrictions.Face masks not required in shops.

Alicante Spain- no restrictions but masks required in shops.

Barcelona Spain- no restrictions but masks required in shops.

Cadiz Spain- no restrictions but masks required in shops.

Lisbon Portugal- we had to go on the Portuguese web site to fill in a Passenger Locator form but were not asked for it when we got off or back on the Ship but masks required in shops.

There was lots of Quarantine cabins but I heard of no one with Covid on board and except for a medical emergency in Cadiz no one was offloaded with Covid 

Graham.

Thanks Graham,  very interesting.  The on board restrictions sound similar to the sailcations last summer. Though the ports seems quite encouraging and not too restrictive. Waiting patiently to find out this seasons protocols from Royal and Celebrity. 

I presume you had to do an initial pcr test and be vaccinated?

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We are all rooting for you.  That would be very frustrating and I hope those symptoms go away soon.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

My husband’s doc signed off on his getting a handicap placard ...... 6 months for each knee.  I certainly won’t be using it because I park away from other cars .  

I hope you can get some relief .

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 2

I have a Tip question.    We have had a lot of extra special this week by the Head Waiter of the MDR.   he has gone out of his way - definitely above and beyond.  He did a wonderful job with the birthday cake order, tonight he had strawberry bisque prepared as I mentioned earlier in the week I love chilled soups, he arranged a deep discount for Chris and Donna to eat Izumi and he said he has a surprise for us tomorrow evening.       Would he be allowed to accept a tip?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

John, pls. feel free to "stage" the pictures better 🙏

How’s this.  
Although Sharon appreciates it when I cook,  I rarely serve more than three items!  You are surely blessed to have such a great chef!

DD3ED7D0-B960-4A92-B11F-DDE51188C6B0.thumb.jpeg.f9a78e9e8b5c70e9507fee7bd4e256cf.jpeg

9C429E59-616B-43FE-AED8-0CF628B30DD1.thumb.jpeg.9278df7647deb616c8adcb69f904b662.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have a Tip question.    We have had a lot of extra special this week by the Head Waiter of the MDR.   he has gone out of his way - definitely above and beyond.  He did a wonderful job with the birthday cake order, tonight he had strawberry bisque prepared as I mentioned earlier in the week I love chilled soups, he arranged a deep discount for Chris and Donna to eat Izumi and he said he has a surprise for us tomorrow evening.       Would he be allowed to accept a tip?

I know some have accepted in the pass but I never have thought if they pool it or able to keep it for themselves if that is what you’re asking.  I assumed it was for them.  I remember one time Sharon mentioned how she liked curry.  They brought her a different curry dish each night with whatever else she ordered without her asking.  

The Nassau excursion sounds great.  If we go to Nassau again I will be tempted to go.  The straw market is a place we avoid anymore.

Glad y’all are enjoying the cruise!

• Like 3

Yes, discreetly. He deserves a tip, so I’m glad you thought of it. 
It’s so great when you receive that extra touch of caring. Makes your cruise special!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Thanks Graham,  very interesting.  The on board restrictions sound similar to the sailcations last summer. Though the ports seems quite encouraging and not too restrictive. Waiting patiently to find out this seasons protocols from Royal and Celebrity. 

I presume you had to do an initial pcr test and be vaccinated?

Right before all of this hit Sharon retired and our dreams were to go explore.  We had several places we wanted to cruise to or just go visit.  We figured if we did a TA on the way back it would help us to adjust to the time difference easier and would be fun.  For now it’s wait and see for us.  Although things seem to be easing we will wait a bit longer.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I know some have accepted in the pass but I never have thought if they pool it or able to keep it for themselves if that is what you’re asking.  I assumed it was for them.  I remember one time Sharon mentioned how she liked curry.  They brought her a different curry dish each night with whatever else she ordered without her asking.  

The Nassau excursion sounds great.  If we go to Nassau again I will be tempted to go.  The straw market is a place we avoid anymore.

Glad y’all are enjoying the cruise!

When I say head waiter, I mean the boss that runs around and checks on everything.  

Yes, the park is a great day and off the beaten path.  

My masterlock 5900d is a dud, do not recommend.   It broke the first day.  Lock is stuck and it won't shut.

The air pump is definitely worth it.   Has come in very handy.  Yes, everyone thought I was nuts when I brought it out to use.   But they loved when they saw how easy it is.    Highly recommend.

• Like 2

Sure he can accept it. And in this situation it sounds like he deserves it.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The air pump is definitely worth it.   Has come in very handy.  Yes, everyone thought I was nuts when I brought it out to use.   But they loved when they saw how easy it is.    Highly recommend.

Have you enjoyed the noodles?  I take it the battery held up on the pump.  How many noodles were you able to fill.

• Like 1

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

Sure he can accept it. And in this situation it sounds like he deserves it.

Two things I would definitely give him whatever you think is appropriate, then definitely add his name and what he did to your comment card .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, George C said:

Two things I would definitely give him whatever you think is appropriate, then definitely add his name and what he did to your comment card .

Great that you mentioned that. My last night on Allure this past January I went to my favorite bar team and asked if I could take a picture of their name tags as I wanted to take care of them in my evaluation just as they took care of me all week. They were very happy to comply with the picture taking. I think they were more appreciative that I was going to mention them than they were with the tip.

• Like 6