Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Almost go time. High school soccer season is about to start. Owen is on the starting line. 

512C4459-E60E-40A8-9AE4-0349608D4A6E.thumb.jpeg.039c9845ead156b3384875c5093dc98e.jpeg

How exciting to be so young and a starter!!!

I wish Owen a safe successful season. 

And mom/dad. Bundle up. Take pictures!!! 

ty for sharing. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, sgmn said:

I was quite a bit behind so I've had to skip/scan the last few pages 

Our little grandson had his first birthday this week and his other grandparents hosted a lovely party at their house. We helped out with all the various sides and salads so it's been a busy few days. A friend of mine made the 'the very hungry caterpillar' cake 

A lovely day, our grandson is a poppet and I have some great photos, unfortunately my son won't let us post them on social media.

Dani, I will bore you with pics of him when I see you in June 😁

20220423_180245.thumb.jpg.69c901e6be1933225bd06c10be349ab5.jpg

20220424_123902_resized.thumb.jpg.86bac56ab6e28a4f1190ef86ed0cb94f.jpg

Happy birthday to your grandson.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I usually don’t get to excited for vacations until we are on the way but I think with never being to Alaska and so much at each port, the planning is getting me there.  Although my favorite is Oasis class, Quantum is a very close 2nd and I like changing up.  We cruised Anthem June 2017.  It was the last time we visited San Juan.  We liked North Star and looking forward to doing it again and iFLY is where I learn just how much extra skin my face had!  The main thing I will miss is the back of the Oasis class.  I would miss the slides if we were in the Caribbean. 😂 

I really think being cold natured I will appreciate that the Quantum class is made more for cold weather.  We enjoyed the 270.  Someone pointed out that I should try a Reuben sandwich from there. It will also be our 1st opportunity to try Fish and Ships.  I bet the solarium will be a nice warm place to hang out.  Might even be tempted to try a hot tub if we have time. I am hoping the Solarium Bistro will be open.  It has been closed on our last two cruises.  
I don’t remember finding a back patio behind WJ.  I will need to try it.  

I'm sure you will have an amazing cruise.   Try not to over plan.  

What plans do you have for Sitka and other stops?

I'm sure you will love everything the ship has to offer.

Don't forget to get a kummelweck from Cafe 270 too!  They also have a good tuna wrap.

Walk to the very back of WJ and there is a door on each side to the back patio.   From that patio is a staircase that takes you up to the flowrider and I-Fly and rock climbing wall at Aft of the ship.   

On Anthem, this is where I hang out to sunbath, read, watch the view and all the other activities.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Luckynana said:

When we were in San Juan a couple of weeks ago, the line inside CVS was all the way to the back of the store!!  I told Jim we really didn't need lotion that badly, and we left and got back onto the ship.

Do they have great prices at SJ CVS or is it like Mexico where they sell all kind of meds without prescriptions?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Bergen County

Tice Farms - Chesnut Ridge Road in Woodcliff Lake

Dipiero Farms - Summit Ave. in Montvale

Approx. 5 minutes from each other.

Although still a beautiful area, these farms are now malls. We took our sons there when kids, particularly at Fall / Halloween for cider, donuts, pumpkin 🎃 picking,  hay rides, etc...

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

This was taken from the water taxi pier in downtown Philipsburg using the phone's telephoto lens. I'm pretty impressed with the photo it can take from that distance. We were the only ship today.

20220426_132006.thumb.jpg.e1a308436f94bc7ef9caf2fa1ee97847.jpg

Excellent pictures.   I don't think I ever been only ship at St Maarten, she looks lonely.  Such beautiful water

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mets07 said:

Although still a beautiful area, these farms are now malls. We took our sons there when kids, particularly at Fall / Halloween for cider, donuts, pumpkin 🎃 picking,  hay rides, etc...

Ugghh!   I hate to hear nice farms are now malls😪

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

CC seems to like to glitch for the first post of the day.  It often knocks me off and I lose a response.  I am glad I have started copying before submitting longer responses.

Alaska was our second all time favorite cruise.It was a special birthday year for me.I was still relatively healthy.We did a 7 day last tour by bus ,train and walking followed by a 7 day cruise but booked non stop activity.We panned for gold ,went dog sledding ,went to dinner that had on the menu not one thing we ever ate before.It was an amazing vacation.I hope that you will enjoy Alaska as much as we did or more.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, mets07 said:

I'm glad I remember it as it was and never saw it as it is now.

15 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Ugghh!   I hate to hear nice farms are now malls😪

Double Ugghh!

• Like 4

Had to share this.  My dad’s friend is travelling around Australia on his motorbike.  Yesterday he crossed the Nullarbor - dealing with road trains and strong winds - he finally arrived in WA.  Couldn’t find his prebooked accommodation.  Rang his daughter in Sydney in desperation.  Turns out he accidentally booked a place in Scotland….

• Haha 18

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm sure you will have an amazing cruise.   Try not to over plan.  

What plans do you have for Sitka and other stops?

I'm sure you will love everything the ship has to offer.

Don't forget to get a kummelweck from Cafe 270 too!  They also have a good tuna wrap.

Walk to the very back of WJ and there is a door on each side to the back patio.   From that patio is a staircase that takes you up to the flowrider and I-Fly and rock climbing wall at Aft of the ship.   

On Anthem, this is where I hang out to sunbath, read, watch the view and all the other activities.  

Here’s the plan as of now. 

Day 3 - Juneau - whale-watching catamaran cruise, view Mendenhall Glacier and end at Orca Point for a Salmon bake.

Day 4 - Skagway - We plan to walk one or two of the many trails in Skagway.  They sound beautiful.  Then visit the shops.

Day 5 - Sitka - We will walk first to the Sitka National Historical Park. One of the cool things there are several totem poles. There are other historic things to see.

From there we are walking to the Alaska Raptor Center. It’s a rehab for injured wild birds

Day 7 - Victoria - Tour Craigdarroch Castle.

Sea Days - Lay out at the pool and eat ice cream….. wait, that’s October 😂….. Eat at Fish & Ships.

• Like 14
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

This was taken from the water taxi pier in downtown Philipsburg using the phone's telephoto lens. I'm pretty impressed with the photo it can take from that distance. We were the only ship today.

20220426_132006.thumb.jpg.e1a308436f94bc7ef9caf2fa1ee97847.jpg

That looks nice.  I love seeing the blue water.

• Like 2

Excellent pictures.   I don't think I ever been only ship at St Maarten, she looks lonely.  Such beautiful water

The worst part about being the only ship is there is no chance of a horn battle before departing.

• Like 4

Do they have great prices at SJ CVS or is it like Mexico where they sell all kind of meds without prescriptions?

I don't think the pricing is that good. If something requires a prescription in a U.S. state you won't get it in a San Juan pharmacy without one. Maybe someday if Puerto Rico becomes a territory of Mexico....

• Haha 4