Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Figured we  would go out to Dinner tonight, Looks like we will be getting lots of rain from the hurricane Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

We went to https://happycincodemayoswva.com/  in Max Meadow's Va.

First time I had the Volcano Meal, came out super hot and was excellent. Will be getting that again the next time we go there. My Wife enjoys the  Shrimp Fajitas, the shrimp are a real good size too.

My Wife had 

Shrimp Fajitas$12.99

Grilled shrimp with mixed vegetables. Served with rice, beans, and salad.

And I had

El Volcano Molcajete  $15.99

Chorizo, shrimp, and chicken grilled with onions, peppers, and tomatoes. Covered with melted cheese and a tender slice of rib-eye. Served in a stone bowl with rice, beans, and salad.

20220928_174511.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Found one that works!!  My daughter sent me this photo.  Blame her for the two headless guys next to my granddaughter!

image.thumb.jpeg.8b45e75b9b285bd3ceec62fc8cabb04c.jpeg

Bonnie, you have a beautiful granddaughter!  She's a real cutie!!

My MIL was great at taking pictures similar to this...lol!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

just walked down to the marina

IMG_8367.MOV 27.88 MB · 2 downloads  

they’re saying we’ve seen the worst of what we’ll get here besides rain. The marina will likely fill back up and pass the sidewalk lip.

We’re so incredibly lucky and my heart is with those south of me.

4663DA2D-EF67-40A2-8796-8AEED7FA5D0A.thumb.jpeg.7dc55cfab78a4a4afc7304e05e05b80e.jpeg

the sailboat is listing sideways on the ground and the pontoon is on the ground as well

54A24F69-D2EF-48B1-AEB0-C138DF4E4D7B.thumb.jpeg.3b268dcf3b97e535bc3ec7a062a782ad.jpeg

1835791D-6A94-4F71-BC99-42EAA9F448D6.thumb.jpeg.665f0c6dfe92b76e97a2d776292fcbbc.jpeg

Take Note when you buy your boat soon, not to sail to close to that sidewalk. Wouldn't want to damage the bottom of your boat. 😉

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Thats the famous Weather Channel weatherman Jim Cantore? 

I saw a clip on CBS news of him hanging on to a street sign for dear life after a tree branch hit him & almost sent him tumbling down the street. 

Yes…that’s him. I’ve learned that there are a lot of memes about hurricanes in Florida. Most involve either Jim Cantore or alcohol. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Stay safe, Crystal and Nate!!

Right now they are saying the surge is over 6 feet   😔in Naples.  I was very worried about a friend of ours who said it was too late for her to leave her house.  I just read on Facebook from her DIL that my friend is now with her son and family.  At least she's no longer home alone 

Glad to hear she is with family.   I don't think I would want to be home alone through this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Found one that works!!  My daughter sent me this photo.  Blame her for the two headless guys next to my granddaughter!

image.thumb.jpeg.8b45e75b9b285bd3ceec62fc8cabb04c.jpeg

I don't think it would matter if those guys had heads as everyone would be looking at your beautiful Granddaughter with that big beautiful smile🥰

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Check out these idiots in Ft. Meyers swimming today

Morons.   I saw another video with some surfers getting pounded right near a pier.   All it takes is one good smash into the pier and your paralyzed or dead!   Let's hope those idiots never board a cruise ship😃

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Yes…that’s him. I’ve learned that there are a lot of memes about hurricanes in Florida. Most involve either Jim Cantore or alcohol. 

They've been a little slim this year

Screenshot_20220926-125331_Facebook.thumb.jpg.86d838676254234281d12b1c1c98e8ad.jpg

FB_IMG_1664275739374.thumb.jpg.41ec31633b84f225102aad347e1c42d8.jpg

FB_IMG_1664220778754.thumb.jpg.5238585063868234993dab5829ee49dd.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

We left Orlando yesterday to go back to NJ. I wanted to stay and wait it out, but it did not make sense. Work project was shelved till end Oct. Will be going back then and after that on a cruise.

Family over FL is staying put with all preparation. Many have pets and will not leave. 

I have to stop watching Jim Cantore!!!!! 👀  

Safe travel, Arzeena!

27 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I TOLD you she looks like yours!

Maryann, I hope it's an easy clean=up.

Thanks, Bonnie.  The last time Naples got hit, our tennis court fence was half down, lots of Banyan trees (love them) were lost to the storm and surges.  Lots of trees everywhere were lost.  It didn't look like the Naples we've always known.  It finally looked beautiful again after a while.   One thing about our community, they work really hard to keep it in great shape.    We won't be going to Naples until just before the New Year..  The only thing we leave in the fridge are condiments (and beer and water..lol).  Luckily we are on the 2nd floor, and a friend of mine said that  West of 41 was under water ..we are East of 41 by a couple of blocks. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

We left Orlando yesterday to go back to NJ. I wanted to stay and wait it out, but it did not make sense. Work project was shelved till end Oct. Will be going back then and after that on a cruise.

Family over FL is staying put with all preparation. Many have pets and will not leave. 

I have to stop watching Jim Cantore!!!!! 👀  

Was the airport chaotic yesterday?   Happy to hear you back home in NJ🥰

I hope your family in FL is safe🤞🙏

• Like 1