Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, DaniDanielle said:

I am happy my daughter and granddaughter live here, it keeps us hopping.  I just wonder what an empty nest would be like.  That’s why we go to Atlantic City a lot, to get away for a bit.  I told Charlie, however, we need to get a cheaper get away🥴

My older daughter lives 4 minutes (by car) away from us .That is almost like living with us.We see our 14 year old granddaughter several times a week.Her sister who is in college face times us or texts whenever she has time.She will be home for the Thanksgiving break in 13 days.

• Like 3

Today I sorted through my closet to separate the clothes I will take when we move versus what I’ll leave for the sale.  I first took out what I want the movers to pack and then shoved the stuff that will stay to the back.  However, when I went to put the clothes that will go with me back in the closet in the front space…it began to look like it all could not fit back! Sort of like if you unpack an appliance then decide to return it…you cannot get the appliance and all the packing material back in the box.

As I have a huge closet I’ve never needed to downsize.  So I still have clothes from the era when we went to formal balls…. And when we lived in a town where people dressed up for parties…where we went out to dressier restaurants.  Between that lifestyle change…and moving to a warmer climate…I’m only taking about 1/8th of my closet.  🤭

• Like 6

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

I am happy for Dusty Baker,50 years in baseball.I have never heard anyone say anything bad about him.

Might be a little different for the Phillies Manager after tonight. I still can't believe I was seeing Wheeler walk off the field after only 70  pitches with the way he was still pitching.

I rather have seen them go down with their Ace instead of brining in our bullpen so early in the game. The Phillies bullpen pitched over their heads the whole playoffs, just knew it had to go south.

Congrats to Dusty !

High five

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The high five is a hand gesture that occurs when two people simultaneously raise one hand each, about head-high, and push, slide, or slap the flat of their palm against the flat palm of the other person. The gesture is often preceded verbally by a phrase like "Give me five", "High five", "Up high", or "Slap hands." Its meaning varies with the context of use but can include as a greeting, congratulations, or celebration.

There are many origin stories of the high five,[2] but the two most documented candidates are Dusty Baker and Glenn Burke of the Los Angeles Dodgers professional baseball team on October 2, 1977, and Wiley Brown and Derek Smith of the Louisville Cardinals men's college basketball team during the 1978–1979 season

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Might be a little different for the Phillies Manager after tonight. I still can't believe I was seeing Wheeler walk off the field after only 70  pitches with the way he was still pitching.

I rather have seen them go down with their Ace instead of brining in our bullpen so early in the game. The Phillies bullpen pitched over their heads the whole playoffs, just knew it had to go south.

My Mets had a great team ,the Dodgers had a great team,the Padres had a great team,the Yankees had a great team .Somehow the Phillies made it into the WS.

11 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My Mets had a great team ,the Dodgers had a great team,the Padres had a great team,the Yankees had a great team .Somehow the Phillies made it into the WS.

Phillies were the hottest team in the National League Playoffs, that is why they made it to the World Series. It's not always the best overall team that makes it to the World Series.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Phillies were the hottest team in the National League Playoffs, that is why they made it to the World Series. It's not always the best overall team that makes it to the World Series.

Yes,that is very true.Schwarber who many teams did not want to sign because they said he was a terrible fielder .I did not see that.I saw him hit 51 home runs in 2022.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Today I sorted through my closet to separate the clothes I will take when we move versus what I’ll leave for the sale.  I first took out what I want the movers to pack and then shoved the stuff that will stay to the back.  However, when I went to put the clothes that will go with me back in the closet in the front space…it began to look like it all could not fit back! Sort of like if you unpack an appliance then decide to return it…you cannot get the appliance and all the packing material back in the box.

As I have a huge closet I’ve never needed to downsize.  So I still have clothes from the era when we went to formal balls…. And when we lived in a town where people dressed up for parties…where we went out to dressier restaurants.  Between that lifestyle change…and moving to a warmer climate…I’m only taking about 1/8th of my closet.  🤭

Sounds like you have some beautiful items in your wardrobe that you will not be taking with you.  What will you do with them?

• Like 3

@BonTexasNY I was reading your post about your upcoming cataract surgery.I had mine done,one eye at a time in 2012. Recovery was good for both surgeries. I compared my “new” vision to the scene in the Wizard of Oz when the film went from black and white to color. Everything looked so much sharper . 

The downside was that I could see the cobwebs that I had missed while house cleaning !🙄

Wishing you a successful outcome.

MJ 🙋🏻

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Well, my word for today is glorious.  DH and I stepped off the bus at Palm Beach on a beautiful sunny Sunday in Sydney and I looked at the sparkling beach and clear water and turned to DH and said “ oh my goodness, isn’t this glorious ?”  Then I left hubby on the bench whilst I popped into the ladies and the lady washing her hands in the basin next to me turned to me and said “isn’t it just glorious? -  we are so lucky to be here today”.  I could only agree.  Then as DH and I started walking to the other end of the beach, we overheard an older gentleman who had just come out of the water turn to his friends and say “isn’t it just glorious?  The water is so clear”.  So there you have it, the beach that the actress Nicole Kidman holidays at every summer and gets papped, is glorious😀

• Like 10

Headland views, a garden that appealed to me, another rockpool with a bit of wave action47669541-6881-449D-A4CF-1F01BB7E71E5.thumb.jpeg.9cb82e6e4c6fd9d9d5c70fd29bad4db7.jpeg

804BB2B9-E3FC-421E-A9F7-4E7C1B263C63.thumb.jpeg.db58424196678eb09130e457c361e7a5.jpeg

26EE0C91-3D5C-4AEB-BA3A-2FD4ED0A0A85.thumb.jpeg.bce5fbbe72b05bb2f232373e43bca081.jpeg

D2449D5C-22CE-4723-A33A-E8B054B1E34A.thumb.jpeg.a0e9904ed6fa14797d1afeaae5023aa1.jpeg

26EC1106-169E-4628-919A-8AE3B13E7606.thumb.jpeg.340e324d3c3ae047571ae03627b79740.jpeg

And a “life aquatic salad bowl” with a large Chai latte that was a delicious way to finish off our walk at Avalon Beach - in the one of the many cafes in Avalon village before we collected our car nearby.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 17

My son has been away for the weekend in the Hunter Valley winery region which is about 3hrs north of Sydney.  

A mob of locals checking my son out as he went for an early morning walk:B4CD6F26-CA3F-4FB2-A14B-4EC44317D38F.thumb.png.14951a36f5be035001e738d62e8b8c19.png

I have always seen mobs of wild Kangaroos on our previous visits to the Hunter Valley region and my son said they were everywhere on the weekend.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 18

14 hours ago, akcruz said:

@bobmacliberty saw this and thought of you.  Guess another trip to Hawaii is in your future 😁

FB_IMG_1667689037757.thumb.jpg.d1c1f090f11f820dd7aa48a089a7d384.jpg

This is absolutely correct.  I've not been able to recreate the "perfect Mai Tai" here.  About the only thing that I haven't changed in my attempts, is the location. 

I've settled on a pretty good Mai Tai though.  1 oz light rum, 3 oz pineapple juice, 1 oz passionfruit juice, 1/2 oz of orgeat syrup, mix and top with a 1 oz Myer's rum floater.  The Myer's seems to give the best dark floater look.  I ended up skipping the OJ and guava juice, but the best blend of juices is probably an individual preference.  I love pineapple juice.

Although I couldn't change locations, I did buy some tiki glasses to help make it feel more tropical.

IMG_9955.thumb.jpg.37d5cea04db35fefc2911277f6a718bb.jpg

• Like 10

13 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I binge watched Dexter last year,a great show,especially the acting of John Lithgow

Strange that Dexter would appear here.  Yesterday, we were watching a commercial for a new TV show starring Jimmy Smits.  Micheline asked me if he was in Bosch or Ray Donovan.  I thought about it for a few seconds and said neither...he was the bad guy in one season of Dexter.

• Like 4