Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Congratulations to Meghan and her team.

Thank you, Lenny!

12 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

All of these success stories, puts my mind to rest.

That is good to hear, Bonnie.  You are going to "ace" this!  You are going to love the outcome of your surgery😉

12 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

My niece, her husband and daughter from Massachusetts surprised us today.  They were on the Island visiting her 103 year old grandmother!  Also her father, my brother.  We were so happy to see her and her family.  Her little one didn’t want to leave, she kept finding toys all around.  Some day we will have a toy free house, also waiting for an empty nest!!!!

What a wonderful surprise!  Empty nest?  What's that?  We lucked out in finding our home with attached apartment...mother/daughter home.  We love our empty nest in Florida!  Actually, we love having our grandsons around...they are such great kids!  Jack has been busing tables at their dad's restaurant all Summer, and Ryan joined him for the first time last night!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I am happy my daughter and granddaughter live here, it keeps us hopping.  I just wonder what an empty nest would be like.  That’s why we go to Atlantic City a lot, to get away for a bit.  I told Charlie, however, we need to get a cheaper get away🥴

Not only do they keep us hopping, but they keep us young!😉  Or so they say!  God, I love them!!

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I never get tired of sweating.

Me too!  It's one of the reasons I'm glad we moved to TX. I much prefer sweating to shivering.

9 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@BonTexasNY I was reading your post about your upcoming cataract surgery.I had mine done,one eye at a time in 2012. Recovery was good for both surgeries. I compared my “new” vision to the scene in the Wizard of Oz when the film went from black and white to color. Everything looked so much sharper . 

The downside was that I could see the cobwebs that I had missed while house cleaning !🙄

Wishing you a successful outcome.

MJ 🙋🏻

Your post made me smile. Thank you for that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We've been having a great long weekend.  The golf course at our club has been closed for 7 months, going through a complete renovation.  All new grass everywhere in addition to some reshaped fairways, greens, and bunkers.  Thursday and Friday was our grand reopening tournament.  The course is in spectacular condition.  Last night was a grand reopening celebration with open bar, great food spread across several food stations, and live music from a good local band called Soundwavez.  

Yesterday afternoon, as a sort of warm-up for last night, we went to the Right Whale Festival.  I had never heard of Right Whales until the day before yesterday.  They are near extinction, with less than 350 left, and there has been a lot of effort of the last several years to help bring them back to a more normal population level.  They feed and mate during the summer off the coast of New England and Canada, and then move to NE Florida/Georgia/Carolinas to give birth and raise their young.  The festival had live music, tents with various vendors selling things or making people aware of their environment/animal focused efforts, food trucks, and a small beer garden.  The weather was perfect...maybe even a little hot in the sun...at 80F.

IMG_9959.thumb.jpg.b25dacbb4760c82fe7fb79657e814007.jpg

IMG_9961.thumb.jpg.7d312b6baad040dcfb186bab3624df05.jpg

APC_3637.thumb.JPG.a12d8d8551635e7fa0f970a5fa72a911.JPG

The Seaworld animal rescue truck was there with a Crested Caracara, or at least so I was told.

APC_3636.thumb.JPG.5ae0fdef91dd0aead161311d928a193f.JPG

To finish the weekend, we are headed to our local football bar in a couple of hours to watch the Bills play one of the teams from New Jersey.  A win would be a great way to end a great weekend.  Go Bills!

• Like 11

12 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I know but it would be good for all of us if he went out on his own.  

It would be good for him to get out on his own, but as Marietta said, enjoy him while you have him home!❤️

9 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@BonTexasNY I was reading your post about your upcoming cataract surgery.I had mine done,one eye at a time in 2012. Recovery was good for both surgeries. I compared my “new” vision to the scene in the Wizard of Oz when the film went from black and white to color. Everything looked so much sharper . 

The downside was that I could see the cobwebs that I had missed while house cleaning !🙄

Wishing you a successful outcome.

MJ 🙋🏻

You're not kidding about the colors (and cobwebs..lol)  We have two stained glass windows in our living room.  When we moved to this home 6 years ago, I thought one of the colors on the windows were brown.  I seriously couldn't believe that they are actually in the purple family, and not brown at all!  I also couldn't believe the color of my Hellman's mayonnaise!  It looked so weird to me!🤷‍♀️

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Today I sorted through my closet to separate the clothes I will take when we move versus what I’ll leave for the sale.  I first took out what I want the movers to pack and then shoved the stuff that will stay to the back.  However, when I went to put the clothes that will go with me back in the closet in the front space…it began to look like it all could not fit back! Sort of like if you unpack an appliance then decide to return it…you cannot get the appliance and all the packing material back in the box.

As I have a huge closet I’ve never needed to downsize.  So I still have clothes from the era when we went to formal balls…. And when we lived in a town where people dressed up for parties…where we went out to dressier restaurants.  Between that lifestyle change…and moving to a warmer climate…I’m only taking about 1/8th of my closet.  🤭

Don't be in a big rush to get rid of a jacket or long pants!  I keep those in my closet in Naples for the occasional cool/cold days that we've experienced during the Winter months in Florida.  Long sleeves, also!  It does happen!🙄

• Like 3

Good Sunday Morning.

So, Friday I received the Shingles and Flu vaccine.

Yesterday was an interesting day.

Now the injections sites were not inflamed or red.

But on that arm my elbow hurt like the dickens.

Also, I felt achy and laid around most of the day till we went to mass at 4:30pm

Today, just some lower back achyness but over all good.

Since I started re walking a month ago, I already wore out the support in my sneakers.

So off to Grove city outlets with 20% off coupon I got online. (Sketchers)

So we will walk up and down all the store rows and hope to hit our 10,000 steps.

One day I will be at the level of Mark and Susan.

Also time to use the extra Coach coupon  $20 off.

Then go to Bath and Beyond and use their coupon.

Damn, I hope things are not marked up to get the benefit of the coupons.

Then home and chill the rest of the day.

Hope all are well.

Take care.

• Like 11

10 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Sounds like you have some beautiful items in your wardrobe that you will not be taking with you.  What will you do with them?

Having an estate sale the month after the movers move us.  The estate sale company said “Don’t throw anything away!”  (Hmmm…so maybe those old airplane tires DH has had in the barn for over a decade will get rehomed?!)  I’m hoping most everything from furniture, clothes, bric-a-brac, etc will be gone.  Whatever is left we’ll get a construction dumpster and haul away.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Since I started re walking a month ago, I already wore out the support in my sneakers.

So off to Grove city outlets with 20% off coupon I got online. (Sketchers)

So we will walk up and down all the store rows and hope to hit our 10,000 steps.

One day I will be at the level of Mark and Susan.

You should try some Brooks sneakers. They are very comfortable, and feel like they are already broken in when you put them on. I end up going through about 4 pair a year though. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

All of these success stories, puts my mind to rest.

Bonnie last year I had an epiretinal membrane pealed plus cataract done at the same time with a new lens put in.

No pain but much improved vision.

The eye drops prevented any pain during the op and I had no pain afterwards.

The surgeon said I had a minor cataract in my other eye and I pushed to get that done ASAP and it was done 6 months later.

I was delighted with the result.

I only need reading glasses now and not the expensive varifocal glasses.

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Darn Phillies lost😪 

I won a whopping $31 on powerball and will roll it over for Mondays drawing.

Estimated at $1.9 Billion.   WOW

I got so busy, I didn’t get out to buy a ticket.  Glad I still have that 1 in 285 million chance to win it on Monday.  Now, if I just remember to buy one. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Thanks for the idea.  Unfortunately, they don’t service our area.  While we are a town, big cities consider us out in the boonies.

They have a couple of competitors like College Hunks Hauling Junk and Junk King that follow the same business model.  They may not service your area either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

They have a couple of competitors like College Hunks Hauling Junk and Junk King that follow the same business model.  They may not service your area either.

My sister was having problems trying to get rid of my moms furniture etc after she passed . Go Bills, love watching games in my living room rather than bar , problem with the Bills fan club bar was it was hard to get a good seat even 30 minutes before the game , but they did have excellent wings. Sailing in 21 days .

• Like 4

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Strange that Dexter would appear here.  Yesterday, we were watching a commercial for a new TV show starring Jimmy Smits.  Micheline asked me if he was in Bosch or Ray Donovan.  I thought about it for a few seconds and said neither...he was the bad guy in one season of Dexter.

Yes and his sister and my wife worked together at a hospital in Brooklyn many years ago.

• Like 1

When I clearing out my parents house, I donated a lot of furniture, kitchen items, etc to purple heart and habitat for humanity.   What they didn't take I put at the curb and put alerts for free stuff on fb marketplace and Craigslist.  I was amazed how quick people showed up.

• Like 6

19 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Hope you share photos later of all the Christmas decorations you put up.  

Will do. Hope to finish the inside today or tomorrow. Putting up 4th and final inside tree today. Then I'll start working on the outside. I'll take a bunch of pictures and post them once we get everything put up.

17 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Just got a cute video of our granddaughter doing a Ricky Rodeo. 🤣🤣

IMG_6199.MOV 52.85 MB · 8 downloads  

How these kids can have such effortless balance on these hoverboards is beyond me.  I have ridden segways and water ski, but these just seem to be different animals.  I have tried them a couple times, but decided I don’t want to have to explain any injuries to an ER doctor. 

That's what I thought, what great balance. There is no way I could do that.

15 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Greg, maybe you need some PT?  I hope you get permanent relief soon. No fun living with pain like that.

So sorry about your macular degeneration.  I hope something can be done for you.

That's a good idea. I may talk to my doctor about that.

15 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sea Dog Greg, thought of you when I saw this pic.  Have you ever tried it?

IMG_4627.thumb.jpg.b2b138e6da2577f5c4959fac8d0e19fb.jpg

Ha Lol, I have seen that picture before. Genius. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Darn Phillies lost😪 

I won a whopping $31 on powerball and will roll it over for Mondays drawing.

Estimated at $1.9 Billion.   WOW

When I was working a group of us chipped in on large drawings.One day the payout was $4800.00.However,the person sent to buy the tickets made an error when he bought the tickets .He erred on one of the numbers and we split $800.00 instead.

I was the person who bought the tickets.

• Haha 5