Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

He was on a cruise with us earlier this year and had dinner at the table next to us. 

I think I've done at least a dozen cruises with him by now (as in same ship, not "with" him before someone takes this conversation off the rails! LOL).  

But I rarely ever see him, as I'm very sensitive to tobacco smoke, so I never even walk through that whole side of the pool deck.  I usually find out he's on the same ship because someone either mentions it, or I see him at the B2B meeting.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I had bought one bottle, used it about 6 weeks ago before the remodel went into full gear and for the life of me can't find the bottle now.

Everything is packed up and all over the spare bedrooms and just can't locate it now !! Checked all the fridges too, no where to be found..........

You think I have a Kraken Burglar?

Need to get Kraken and find that bottle ! 

I think the alcoholics... er... liquor connoisseurs, yeah, that's the polite way to say it... I think the liquor connoisseurs would say that you just need to go to the store and buy another bottle.  When the old one turns up as you're unpacking when the construction is completed, then you'll have twice the goodness in the house! 

I mean, come on, it's not going to spoil.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Congratulations!!  You're almost there!!!!

I still can hardly believe it... NEVER would have happened if not for that Double Points Promotion they were having for the COVID restart.  

My points were adding up decently before then because I pretty much only cruise solo these days, but getting four points a night made my point count absolutely skyrocket over the past year.  I started at 113 last November and I'll be at 637 in February. Still boggles my mind. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Interesting article on the new yacht Capt. Lee will run with the new season of Below Deck. She's a beauty and apparently the largest yacht of the franchise.

https://www.boatinternational.com/yachts/news/st-david-yacht-below-deck?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=belowdeck_news_oct22&fbclid=IwAR3kr2w-xQuWpS_EIdkGDunDAc2cpa_lNrn-Wt56p31YhFul1R5_08xZGFY

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hello Friends...

We've been playing in Fort Lauderdale for the past few days. Right now we're aboard Harmony on a b2b waiting for sail-away. 

Couple of pics of our room and balcony. I'll catch up with everyone on the 20th.

Everyone...stay safe, drive safe, travel safe! Stay healthy!

20221107_155541.jpg

20221107_155528.jpg

20221107_155456.jpg

20221107_155436.jpg

• Like 23

23 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

I had an appointment with my musculoskeletal doctor this morning to discuss my hip x-ray's.

Not good news with an op an option but I will delay that as long as possible.

I hope everyone is well.

Sorry to hear its bad news.

Fingers crossed they can offer something other than surgery. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

I had an appointment with my musculoskeletal doctor this morning to discuss my hip x-ray's.

I hope everyone is well.

Don’t put it off too long!   I procrastinated for a year, could have it over and done with so much sooner😳

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Hello Friends...

We've been playing in Fort Lauderdale for the past few days. Right now we're aboard Harmony on a b2b waiting for sail-away. 

Couple of pics of our room and balcony. I'll catch up with everyone on the 20th.

20221107_155541.jpg

20221107_155528.jpg

20221107_155456.jpg

20221107_155436.jpg

Have a great time!

58 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Interesting article on the new yacht Capt. Lee will run with the new season of Below Deck. She's a beauty and apparently the largest yacht of the franchise.

https://www.boatinternational.com/yachts/news/st-david-yacht-below-deck?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=belowdeck_news_oct22&fbclid=IwAR3kr2w-xQuWpS_EIdkGDunDAc2cpa_lNrn-Wt56p31YhFul1R5_08xZGFY

Wow, she is quite the yacht!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

I hope everyone is well.

Hopefully they will offer an alternative,Graham

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Hello Friends...

20221107_155541.jpg

20221107_155528.jpg

20221107_155456.jpg

20221107_155436.jpg

Wishing you both a wonderful cruise.

Graham.

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

My wife has left me.

She went back to see my daughter and the kids for 5 days.

I will be baching it for the week.  🙂 She loaded up the fridge with groceries telling me not eat out to much... You'd think she'd have gotten to know me better after all these years. Lunch will be In N Out... Dinner is TBA.  

Gonna be eating Cheetos off your chest in front of the TV? 😂

Brian would probably just eat Hot Pockets the whole time, like he did when he was single.

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

14 minutes ago, sgmn said:

12 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Don’t put it off too long!   I procrastinated for a year, could have it over and done with so much sooner😳

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Hopefully they will offer an alternative,Graham

Thank you all for your good wishes.

Arthritis in my hips is moderate/severe.

Joint stiffness and little flexibility is the main issue.

Doctor not keen on giving hip steroid injections.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

I hope everyone is well.

I've heard the hip operation is so much easier than the knee, Graham!  One of the women I play Mahjongg with was playing two weeks after surgery, I didn't even realize she'd had it done!

43 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Hello Friends...

20221107_155541.jpg

20221107_155528.jpg

20221107_155456.jpg

20221107_155436.jpg

Have a great cruise!!  Bon Voyage!!!  🛳️Love your room, btw!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, sgmn said:

+ 1  @grapau27

33 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

@grapau27, Graham -- does NHS offer the option of a second opinion?

47 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Hello Friends...

Right now we're aboard Harmony on a b2b waiting for sail-away. 

Nancy & John, wishing you a very enjoyable cruise 🌹

• Like 5

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

I hope everyone is well.

Hopefully they can do something for you before it gets too bad. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Hey Bob...I was just wondering what the date is for your DD's Wedding...is it coming up soon?

Sept 8, 2023 (yes...a Friday).  We are sort of in a lull period right now.  When I say we, I really mean Micheline and our daughter, but all of the important stuff is booked.  A few more details to finalize with the venue but nothing urgent.

We're having a "discussion" about traditional vs. modern day wedding etiquette.  Everything about the wedding is online on The Knot web site they've created.  There's info about the ceremony/reception, hotel info, the gift registry, background info and pics about how they met, info about the weeding party, the ability to manage RSVPs, etc.  Our daughter wants to send out nice postcard like "hold the date" cards in the next couple of weeks but also use those cards to tell people to RSVP on The Knot.  The hold the date cards essentially replace the more formal invites that typically don't get sent until a couple of months before the wedding.  Our daughter will just send email reminders (which she can do from The Knot) reminding people to RSVP as needed.  I like the idea of letting people RSVP early...why wait until right before the wedding?  But I'm not sold on skipping the formal invitations. She's also not sure she wants to "cut the cake" and a few other more traditional things during the reception.

That's all for her and Micheline to decide.  I'm not getting involved.  I wasn't born yesterday.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1