Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Had bad hay fever this week.  Been taking a tablet every morning when I get to work which is unusual for me.  I usually only need a couple of tablets during all of spring.

In the news today, hay fever suffers to be aware that there is currently a high pollen count due to the current warm weather after all the rain.

• Like 6

We worked on leaves today.  Filled up 6 big cans of mulched leaves from leaf blower/mulched and emptied the riding mower baggers into the Gulley several times. 

Still have lots of leaves on our maple tree.

Tomorrow we will help my neighbor, her Daughter will be over to help us clean up her yard.

Then in the afternoon we will go do leaves at Eric's Moms.   As you all know she is a nasty lady so I have no plans of going inside and hopefully she won't come out.  She rarely does.   

My allergies are really bad tonight.   We had a high of 77 today.  Tomorrow to be 80 f.   

• Like 8

Went to our grandson’s final football games of the season.  They easily won the first game, then jumped right into the championship game. Unfortunately, they were down one score when time expired. It was a great season, and it was nice to see him play so well at QB

Next year, he will move up to a new division. 

• Like 9

When my mom had cataract surgery, they invited me into the other room to watch it being performed live on camera. It is fascinating! There was a nurse with me explaining what was going on. She also said that they had discovered the surgery during one of the early wars. A pilot had an exploded cockpit windscreen, and one of the pieces had lodged in his eye, and his vision was greatly improved! Which apparently led to modern day lens replacement. ☺️

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We worked on leaves today. 

We did the same, although that was not my intention today.  Susa Sid it was so nice out, we should go do our neighbor’s leaves again. She said he was probably anticipating us doing it, because he was walking around his bushes, when we left for our games, with a leaf blower in one hand and a cane in the other. 

After doing his yard, we did ours again. Two big bins, and 30 more leaf bags from Lowe’s.  We are now up to 155 bags this year.  Thankfully, it looks like most of the leaves are down. 

When Susan told me I better get crackin today, I thought she said I better get Kraken. So I did. 
46E6FAD3-DE1B-4EC6-8D74-69395F36E34E.thumb.jpeg.afa83d84467fc478c2bbc8179289e1eb.jpeg

My floater gets taller with each one.  The first one was only about half this tall. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

7 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Braved an upcoming storm yesterday to have a cataract consultation.  Surgery on 1st eye is scheduled for Tuesday. I know most of us "older" folks have had this surgery but I'm still nervous since I'll be "up" and eye just numb. The thought of being aware of someone poking around the inside of my eye fills me with slight dread.  As it is now, I can barely read my computer and very glad I have a touchscreen to tweek everything larger.

I remember years ago, my mother's reaction after cataract surgery.  She said it was like a veil lifted from her eyes and she could see clearly again.  Hope that happens to me.

On the ankle front, feeling slightly less pain when walking.  Yes!

So looking forward to our Feb and Mar cruses, you have no idea!

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend.

I felt the same way as you . The laser surgery was painless .  All you see is what looks like sparks .  The weeks of follow-up eye drops are a bit of a hassle .Now , I have macular degeneration and I wish there was an easy solution to that problem.  

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Went to our grandson’s final football games of the season.  They easily won the first game, then jumped right into the championship game. Unfortunately, they were down one score when time expired. It was a great season, and it was nice to see him play so well at QB

Next year, he will move up to a new division. 

Well it was certainly a busy day for your grandson"s having played two games today.  It certainly sounds like he is a great player!  It had to be hard for the kids once the time expired in the championship game, but an awesome season in order to get to that championship game in the first place!  You must be one proud Grampa!!🏈

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We worked on leaves today.  Filled up 6 big cans of mulched leaves from leaf blower/mulched and emptied the riding mower baggers into the Gulley several times. 

Tomorrow we will help my neighbor, her Daughter will be over to help us clean up her yard.

Then in the afternoon we will go do leaves at Eric's Moms.   As you all know she is a nasty lady so I have no plans of going inside and hopefully she won't come out.  She rarely does.   

My allergies are really bad tonight.   We had a high of 77 today.  Tomorrow to be 80 f.   

No wonder your allergies are bothering you so much tonight, Deb!  You and Eric are good people, helping your neighbor the way you do.  Good luck tomorrow at you MIL's.

We still have lots of leaves on the trees on the side of our house and our neighbors.  The ones in our back yard have lost a lot more.  Our home is carpeted with the leaves..I'll get to it this week...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We did the same, although that was not my intention today.  Susa Sid it was so nice out, we should go do our neighbor’s leaves again. She said he was probably anticipating us doing it, because he was walking around his bushes, when we left for our games, with a leaf blower in one hand and a cane in the other. 

After doing his yard, we did ours again. Two big bins, and 30 more leaf bags from Lowe’s.  We are now up to 155 bags this year.  Thankfully, it looks like most of the leaves are down. 

When Susan told me I better get crackin today, I thought she said I better get Kraken. So I did. 
46E6FAD3-DE1B-4EC6-8D74-69395F36E34E.thumb.jpeg.afa83d84467fc478c2bbc8179289e1eb.jpeg

My floater gets taller with each one.  The first one was only about half this tall. 

You and Susan are another wonderful couple, helping your neighbor as you do!  That Kraken sure looks delicious, Mark!!  I bet you enjoyed it...well deserved!!😉

• Like 4

Just got a cute video of our granddaughter doing a Ricky Rodeo. 🤣🤣

How these kids can have such effortless balance on these hoverboards is beyond me.  I have ridden segways and water ski, but these just seem to be different animals.  I have tried them a couple times, but decided I don’t want to have to explain any injuries to an ER doctor. 

• Like 12

26 minutes ago, NHProud said:

I felt the same way as you . The laser surgery was painless .  All you see is what looks like sparks .  The weeks of follow-up eye drops are a bit of a hassle .Now , I have macular degeneration and I wish there was an easy solution to that problem.  

I'm sorry to hear about your macular degeneration.  My Mom had it also.  I have the eye doctor check my eyes every year for any sign of it...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Just got a cute video of our granddaughter doing a Ricky Rodeo. 🤣🤣

IMG_6199.MOV 52.85 MB · 0 downloads  

How these kids can have such effortless balance on these hoverboards is beyond me.  I have ridden segways and water ski, but these just seem to be different animals.  I have tried them a couple times, but decided I don’t want to have to explain any injuries to an ER doctor. 

Looks like lots of fun.  

I'm with you, I tried one a couple years ago and never again.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We worked on leaves today.   

That's beach weather, you should be on LBI. You gotta take the nice days you can when you get them. The leaves will still be there when you get back. With luck, some will blow away.

• Like 2

Made up a new recipe tonight.  Deconstructed Jalapeño poppers.

The 1st layer is chopped up Jalapeños,  2nd philadelphia cream cheese,  3rd sharp cheddar and 4th bacon.  It tasted good.   Next time more Jalapeños and philadelphia cream cheese.  Less cheddar cheese.  It was so much easier to make and less clean up. 

20221105_184647.thumb.jpg.a8306694238d82953a67f7f01cd1e6a4.jpg

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

That's beach weather, you should be on LBI. You gotta take the nice days you can when you get them. The leaves will still be there when you get back. With luck, some will blow away.

This is exactly what I was thinking around noon today.   I wish we were there now but we planned on going next week.   

We had a call from our tenant that rented for month of September.   They want to see what's it like in winter months.  They asked to rent January thru March.   Of course I said Yes since we didn't advertise for winter renter this year.  

I called her back and asked if they want Christmas at the shore and she is so excited.  She called back asking if they can decorate the outside too!   

We will go down next weekend to do a deep clean, turn off outdoor showers, put some stuff away, etc.

Fingers crossed we have temps at least 60 something with sun so I can go on a bike ride.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Last night, our granddaughter Meghan and her team became  the CCC North Champs in Girls Field Hockey.  Meghan is also a Captain on her team.

Luckily for us, we're able to watch our grandchildren on YouTube for most of their games.

On Thursday evening, we were watching Meghan's game.  They were ahead 1 to nothing for most of the game, and just toward the end of the game, the other team scored, tying up the game.  They were going into overtime, and whichever team scored first, they would win the game.  The clock was set for 10 minutes, and both teams went onto the field.  I looked down at my phone, and Meghan's team scored, winning the game!  So exciting for the girls...I can't believe I missed the shot...they couldn't have been on the field for an entire minute when I looked away.

Congratulations to Meghan and her team.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

So..right after posting about 15 minutes ago, again, I went to "like" someone's post, and again CC came on saying "This Community is Temporarily Unavailable.  I closed my chromebook, waited a few minutes, and I'm again able to get back on.  Any one else getting this message?

Me,non stop for the past several days .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Very warm here too but next Saturday it is expected to be in the 30’s and 40’s.