Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

How I started my day.  

E33E1F41-AEDE-45B9-A39E-FFD350E8EE30.thumb.jpeg.93f38c4ba475b16720e62917ac165539.jpeg

I was #85 at our polling place, and Susan was #89 because she stopped to talk to an old coworker.  

For those in the US, I hope this is part of your plan for the day.  That is, unless you mailed one in.   We always vote in person. 

I went to vote this morning but much to my surprise there was not a Handicapped Accessible entrance or ramp.I was not able to walk up the steps to get inside the building.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Had a lovely day today. First day of our road trip.  We left Sydney this morning and drove most of the day.  This trip was my son’s idea and he  booked us the lovely accommodation several months ago.  We are currently in modern self contained accommodation on a private property surrounded by bush, beautiful views and wildlife.  

Sounds like a great start to your Holiday, aussie!  Enjoy!!!

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Jack neither but just to be sure I would give him "the look".

How are you feeling since your cataract operation, Bonnie?

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Have a great time. Good luck on John's list. Drink a Kraken Colada for me. Cheers!

Have one for me, also!  They sure are delicious, Greg, and a drink I always now order on my cruise!

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

How I started my day.  

E33E1F41-AEDE-45B9-A39E-FFD350E8EE30.thumb.jpeg.93f38c4ba475b16720e62917ac165539.jpeg

For those in the US, I hope this is part of your plan for the day.  That is, unless you mailed one in.   We always vote in person. 

We also always vote in person.  Except for when we had to vote by mail for the President's election.  And, except for the time we were on our Mediterranean Cruise, and we voted on our Absentee Ballot prior to leaving for Barcelona years ago.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

In the air and wifi purchased.

We originally were going to fly in the day of the sailing but that was cutting it way too tight so I found a cheap hotel by the airport.  Then we had 4 pm flights arriving at 7pm so just arrive have dinner and sleep.  Then our flights were changed to 10:30 am arriving at 1:30 so kow we have time to kill.  At breakfast I found a rental car through Avis for $100 (more than the hotel) so we will go exploring in Houston

Definitely need to get our picture taken at the "I love Houston sign"....those that know, know.😉

Enjoy your cruise tomorrow, Vikki and Ken.  Bon Voyage!  We loved the Allure!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

There is a Powerball winner.  The ticket was sold in California.  Any of you California posters hit it big?  @Coralc

HaHaHa. No. It was sold in Altadena, which is down near Los Angeles somewhere.

Can you imagine? All that money at one time. I haven't checked our tickets yet, but I don't think we won a thing. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Sarah would have been fine with that.  Took her to Rome 2 years ago and we are at the site where Ceasar was killed and the guide is telling us about it and she wonders off to pet the stray cats. 

How is Sarah since she had her wisdom teeth pulled and had the dry socket?

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Who knew??FB419610-B404-44CA-BE6C-FD07646CD93F.thumb.jpeg.2e6a426c2f785a8039d9b09e2f3f692b.jpeg

That looks and sounds decadent!!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I went to vote this morning but much to my surprise there was not a Handicapped Accessible entrance or ramp.I was not able to walk up the steps to get inside the building.

There are many federal laws that guarantee all have the ability to vote.  Did your voting location change?  You say you have lived in the same place forever, so you would have run into this issue in the past if your voting location is the same.  You should have been able to vote curbside if the building wasn't accessible.

https://www.ada.gov/ada_voting/ada_voting_ta.htm

https://www.eac.gov/election-officials/voting-accessibility

Still plenty of time to vote.  Call your local city hall and find out how you can get in the building or where you can curbside vote.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Flying into Houston, staying overnight by IAH and then taking the free shuttle Royal is providing to Galvsston in the morning.  Boarding Allure for the 4 day trade event sailing to Cozumel.  

I'm curious for any Galveston terminal advice you can offer for my January sailings!

• Like 2

Apparently people don't listen to announcements on the plane.  They have told us at least a half dozen times that we are indeed going to Houston unlike our in sir monitor thst had us starting in Vsncouver, going to Toronto, heading south and now returning to Toronto. 20221108_115316.thumb.jpg.469abf4dadce9f196e5099c38f31b331.jpg

I'm on Oasis right now, and on Day Two in Coco Cay, this is what the app said:

314941964_10159046083546905_1677023935124943373_n.thumb.jpg.540f9030aac38d02d81c07142fb30970.jpg  

So either the lunar eclipse has been screwing with computer programming this week, or Royal's IT Department just really sucks.

I'm gonna go with the latter. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

39 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

9 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

There are many federal laws that guarantee all have the ability to vote.  Did your voting location change?  You say you have lived in the same place forever, so you would have run into this issue in the past if your voting location is the same.  You should have been able to vote curbside if the building wasn't accessible.

https://www.ada.gov/ada_voting/ada_voting_ta.htm

https://www.eac.gov/election-officials/voting-accessibility

Still plenty of time to vote.  Call your local city hall and find out how you can get in the building or where you can curbside vote.

When I was a poll worker, if someone was unable to access the polling place, we would take their ballot out to the vehicle or curbside and stay in the vicinity while the ballot was completed. Then their representative would go in with us to observe or feed the ballot into the machine. 

I think you should have let someone know that assistance was required. I hope you have the opportunity to vote. 

California is all vote by mail (or in person) now. We complete our ballots at home and then just put them in an unmanned ballot box at a local community center. They are picked up and recorded daily. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Coralc said:

When I was a poll worker, if someone was unable to access the polling place, we would take their ballot out to the vehicle or curbside and stay in the vicinity while the ballot was completed. Then their representative would go in with us to observe or feed the ballot into the machine. 

I think you should have let someone know that assistance was required. I hope you have the opportunity to vote. 

California is all vote by mail (or in person) now. We complete our ballots at home and then just put them in an unmanned ballot box at a local community center. They are picked up and recorded daily. 

I vote at a location that has no permanent handicap parking spots in the area of the door that you enter the school.  There are temporary spots set up every time we vote, with cones and blue handicap signs.  There is a police detail inside the building and also outside the building.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

There is a police detail inside the building and also outside the building.

Interesting! I have never seen a police officer at a polling place. I don't think we have enough police to even do something like that, although I am sure it is not unusual in other places. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MJSailors said:

bobmacliberty You are a wise man to have your wife and daughter handle the wedding  planning.

Very wise.  Being a Dad of 3 married daughters, it didn't take long to learn to just step back.  The most memorable moment of each wedding was the moment I spent with each daughter right before we headed down the isle.  If you want to catch an emotional moment of any good man, watch that moment. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We originally were going to fly in the day of the sailing but that was cutting it way too tight

I believe the closest we ever came to missing a cruise was out of Galveston.   The second leg of the flight got messed up.  Lucked out.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Interesting! I have never seen a police officer at a polling place. I don't think we have enough police to even do something like that, although I am sure it is not unusual in other places. 

I wonder if it is because I vote at a school that is in session.  I remember growing up, there were police details at our voting locations in a different town too because my Dad was a police officer and always worked a detail if he wasn't already on duty. 😄 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

They also have an invite only performance in the Aquatheatre by Kelsea Ballerini

You could make reservations at Sabors for the time she is supposed to perform.   You will not see it but would definitely hear the performance.   The noise from the Aquatheater was annoying when we ate dinner there but wouldn't be bad if it was music.

• Like 1